Interior Any questions or information related to interior go in here.

Squirrel Crusher's console bin solution

Old 09-08-2018, 05:03 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Squirrel Crusher's console bin solution

People have been looking for a bin to replace the cup holder and here is a post by Squirrel Crusher telling you how to do it and what to use.

Originally Posted by Squirrel Crusher
The ( base) model 1997-98 Saturn S car has a console tool bin almost identical to our high dollar bin replacement. Saturn's base car model doesn't have electric windows or electric door locks,so it's got a cheaper console with pocket bin. The base model has two different style console bins. One like ours and the other style has a pocket and coin combination that I don't like. The pocket combination one is two deep to be useful plus the coin slot just takes up useful space. Saturn's car pocket bin is 1/8 inch longer than ours. Other wise,It's identical as far as I can tell. If you hand file our console out 1/8 inch toward the coupes mirror adjustment control,then the Saturn's car bin will fit in like factory appearance. The salvage yards are full of Saturn cars. Just put your fingers inside the bin and pull up hard. No tools necessary to remove. Just make sure it's a base poor man's Saturn car. I paid 50 cents for my like new console bin from Pull-A-Part. (You must remove our console to completely discard the cup holder). Squirrel Crusher