Midwest Forum Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY.

Minnesota X-fires

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 10:23 PM
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Minnesota X-fires

Originally Posted by winstonscifi
Ok, how about the Galaxy Drive Inn in St. Louis Park at noon on Sunday the 29th. It's kind of a cool place, just Google "Galaxy Drive Inn" MN and you'll find it. They open at 11 am on Sundays, and we could get a nice lunch and BS for a while. What do you think?
Sounds good, do they serve Bloody Marys? See you there.

Old 07-24-2012, 10:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

will do for me. Tuna's case for that place in WBL, I believe for August sounds good too.

Old 07-24-2012, 11:34 AM

Cool, we'll get the ball rolling on that one on Sunday.

Old 07-28-2012, 12:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I live in crystal and was wondering if the meetings are open invitation or not. I don't wanna show up uninvited....

Old 07-28-2012, 06:16 AM
Forum Regular

Hi Neal - of course you are invited! Anyone that can read this posting is invited! We'll see you Sunday at noon!

Old 07-29-2012, 01:13 AM

Hi everyone,
My wife and I will be able to make it.
See you Sunday
- Nate

Old 07-29-2012, 09:30 PM
Forum Regular

Had a great time seeing everyone today - food was good too!

Attached Thumbnails Minnesota X-fires-dscn0712.jpg  
Old 08-02-2012, 11:52 AM
Question Re: Minnesota X-fires

Hi everybody-
Just moved to Minneapolis with my 08 coupe. Have never driven it in winter weather and wondering if that is even possible without changing wheels and tires. If I don't make modifications how many months out of the year can I expect to drive my Crossfire?
Thanks for any advice!
MJ

Old 08-02-2012, 09:57 PM
Forum Regular

Hi Mary Jo, Welcome to Minnesota. I drive my Crossfire year round. I have two sets of tires and rims. I use Blizzaks for the winter months - temps lower than 40 degrees. They work very well. I use 18 inch rims with a change in the diameter of the tires so that it replicates the stock 19s in the rear. I bought the package at Tires Plus in Minnetonka. If you have any questions, please ask. By the way, we are planning a get together at the end of August, early
September. Keep watching this thread. Take Care, Steve.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:58 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I use my 2008 Crossfire all year, and have diven through two winters. The factory phat tires tend to hydroplane on compacted snow and ice (I don't have any storage space for an extra set of tires), so I just take it easy and keep the car moving.

One thing you might have in your favor this year is that a weatherman friend of mine tells me that they are predicting another mild and dry winter.

Welcome to Minnesota!

Old 08-03-2012, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by winstonscifi
Hi Mary Jo, Welcome to Minnesota. I drive my Crossfire year round. I have two sets of tires and rims. I use Blizzaks for the winter months - temps lower than 40 degrees. They work very well. I use 18 inch rims with a change in the diameter of the tires so that it replicates the stock 19s in the rear. I bought the package at Tires Plus in Minnetonka. If you have any questions, please ask. By the way, we are planning a get together at the end of August, early
September. Keep watching this thread. Take Care, Steve.

Thanks for the info, Steve. I am not sure I want to make any modifications like that, although I admire anyone who has the dedication to do them and keep going all year.

Will watch for the August get together and attend if at all possible!
MJ

Old 08-03-2012, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by eikon
I use my 2008 Crossfire all year, and have diven through two winters. The factory phat tires tend to hydroplane on compacted snow and ice (I don't have any storage space for an extra set of tires), so I just take it easy and keep the car moving.

One thing you might have in your favor this year is that a weatherman friend of mine tells me that they are predicting another mild and dry winter.

Welcome to Minnesota!
Hi Eikon,
Fingers crossed for a mild winter! Did you actually use your Crossfire as a daily driver over the past two winters or was it a special ride for those nicer days? Thanks!
MJ

Old 08-04-2012, 06:18 PM

Hey guys anybody had rims or trim painted here in Minnesota? If you have what'd you get done, where and how much did it cost? I'm looking to paint/powder coat my rims black leaving a strip of silver the color of the trim on my red '08 crossfire. Something about black and red just looks amazing. I talked to one place and they quoted me over $800 and I replied with "I'm not paying you to watch the paint dry..." so any help would be great.
Thanks.

Old 08-05-2012, 11:54 AM

2nd annual Tail of the Bear!

Let's meet up at Kowalski's parking lot 2pm Sunday Sept 9th.
We had a really good turn out last year let's do it again.
We'll take off from Kowalski's at 3pm and cruise through White Bear to the Brookside Bar in beautiful Marine on St. Croix.

It's great drive and the Brookside has outdoor seating, a band on Sundays and most important, Arrogant ******* ON TAP!

Woot, let's go!!

Old 08-05-2012, 02:32 PM
Forum Regular

I love it! The Tail of the Bear is great! I'll see you all at 2pm at Kowalski's on September 9th.

Old 08-17-2012, 07:33 PM

Which Kowalski's? I am trying to get some free time and I would not tagging along if you guys don't mind.

Old 08-18-2012, 02:39 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mary Jo,

My Crossfire is my only car, and yes it is my daily driver.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by D Rock
Which Kowalski's? I am trying to get some free time and I would not tagging along if you guys don't mind.

Hi D Rock, the more the merrier!!
It's right on hwy 61 in White Bear Lake. 1/2 a mile south of hwy 96.

Old 08-21-2012, 11:34 AM

Sounds great Chris! Thanks for putting that together. Most likely will be there. got alot of stuff going on right now. My dad passed away unexpectedly, well, as unexpected as can be expected when you're 80years old, but still. Stacy and I also truly unexpectedly traded in our camper on a new one, and that might be about the time it will get delivered, so that's why I'm a definite maybe.

Mary Jo, welcome to the group. I drove mine the first winter I had her in 2008, and it was fine, but as Jim said you do need to keep moving thru the snows and the wide tires will act more as a plow. A good set of all seasons help, as well as blizzaks as Steve said, but all in all, unless in the worst of conditions the car does just fine. I do need to order the Protecto-shield though from Hasbro to make sure other cars who don't stay the heck away from me and don't crunch the rear or the side. the cars are so inexpensive that they'll get totalled at the drop of a hat, and that would not make me happy at all, until of course I got my next one. Mark

Old 09-06-2012, 11:26 AM

THIS SUNDAY!!!!!

2nd annual Tail of the Bear!

Let's meet up at Kowalski's parking lot 2pm Sunday Sept 9th.
We had a really good turn out last year let's do it again.
We'll take off from Kowalski's at 3pm and cruise through White Bear to the Brookside Bar in beautiful Marine on St. Croix.

It's great drive and the Brookside has outdoor seating, a band on Sundays and most important, Arrogant ******* ON TAP!

Woot, let's go!!

Quick Reply: Minnesota X-fires