Midwest Forum Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY.

Minnesota X-fires

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 04:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Minnesota X-fires

Does anyone reading these threads live in Minnesota?

Cardstars

Old 01-09-2007, 08:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Minnesota X-fires

Right here in historic Little Canada (Saint Paul).

Last edited by eikon; 10-09-2010 at 02:01 PM.
Old 01-09-2007, 05:00 PM

Maple Grove! Neighbor!

Old 01-09-2007, 06:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lakeville MN. wow 3 of us.

Old 01-16-2007, 04:27 PM

Rochester here!

Old 01-17-2007, 04:50 PM

we should all go to a car show or something all 4 of us.

Old 02-21-2007, 04:06 AM

Old thread, but I've just gotten my Crossfire so here we are, eh? I live in Houlton WisconSIN, just on the other side of the St. Croix River from Stillwater MinneSNOWta. I'm a Minnesota boy though, originally from Duluth. If all four of you are still hanging around here we definitely should get together this summer.

I could have you all over some Sunday for a cookout around our pool and then go for a ride around our nice wisconsin roads.

Late summer there is the "Wings & Wheels" car and bike show at Motorbooks International in Oceola Wisconsin. Always a great time there. A couple years ago I won best motorcycle with my old Moto Guzzi sidecar rig. I'd love to go there with a few other Crossfire people, otherwise I'll probably take my '83 AMC Eagle SX/4.

Maybe we need to have a Crossfire meet and draw in others from neighboring states?

Thoughts?

Shelon

Old 02-21-2007, 02:55 PM
Forum Regular

My SRT6 roadster and I live in Plymouth.

Old 02-21-2007, 04:32 PM

I'm game for meeting up let me know. I cant wait to get this thing out of storage. This weekend would have been perfect to get it out but I hear the freezing rain is on its way.

Old 02-21-2007, 07:27 PM

Looks like snow now! Possibly up to 10 inches. I'll believe it when I see it.

Old 02-24-2007, 10:07 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am based in the Twin Cities, but am up NNW in Fergus Falls this weekend. Woke up to about six inches of snow over a thin coating of ice. I guess that Winter is not through with us yet!

Old 02-24-2007, 06:30 PM

One event that we should plan for is the annual "Wings & Wheels" at Motorbooks International in Osceola Wisconsin. Just 57 miles NE of Minneapolis. Maybe we could meet at my house in Houlton WI which is just across the river from Stillwater MN and drive up as a group. If we get there early they can give us a spot to display our cars together.

It is a FREE event, and you will see just about every kind of collector car from Ferrari to Mini, from antique Rolls Royce, to TVR, hot rods to street rods, even the Hummer club usually shows with a bunch of cars. Maybe 500 cars and bikes of all types. Motorbooks also puts out many of their titles at very cheap prices and I always drive away from there with a pile of books and calendars. There are judging and all in a very relaxed atmosphere.

MARK SEPTEMBER 8, 2007 ON YOUR CALENDAR.
http://www.motorbooks.com Mid summer they will post more information on the event on their site.

As we get closer to the event I will post more information here and maybe we can hook up.

Sheldon

Last edited by Doyen; 02-24-2007 at 06:35 PM.
Old 02-28-2007, 11:30 PM

Located in Blaine. Just bought a '05 SRT6 roadster in january. Driven 2 days and put in storage. Hoping this snow will go away so I can actually take it out.

Old 03-01-2007, 05:06 AM

Originally Posted by bcsoccer6
Located in Blaine. Just bought a '05 SRT6 roadster in january. Driven 2 days and put in storage. Hoping this snow will go away so I can actually take it out.
I know exactly what you mean. I've had mine for over a week now and I've only been able to put 140 miles on it. It is snowing, ice and sleet right now and they are saying about 9 inches by tomorrow afternoon and more snow the next few days. But, another couple of weeks of this stuff and we will be able to see spring on the horizon. Can't wait.

Sheldon

Old 03-02-2007, 10:51 PM

I am in Edina, Just wondering if the folks that i saw down in savage are on this forum. Pulled up beside me in the left lane in savage on 2/18? My X-fire is black and I believe you were in a convertible? I am also looking for the guy that I used to talk with around Lake Calhoune last summer who owns the yellow convertible?

pete

Old 05-19-2007, 05:39 PM
Default Re: Minnesota X-fires First Wednesdays - Stillwater

Anyone willing to get together every First Wednesday of the month at the Freight House in Stillwater? The freight house is right next to the Wisconsin/Minnesota bridge. I'm planning on being in the parking lot there on June 6th.

First Wednesday of the month, first meet June 6, 2006
Freight House http://fhstillwater.com/index.html Stillwater Minnesota
6:30ish to whenever. Arrive early, get a bite to eat if you wish, then congregate in the parking lot to talk cars.

"The game is afoot!!!"

Sheldon Aubut
(715) 549-6131

Last edited by Doyen; 05-19-2007 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:44 PM

i am a new crossfire owner and live in minnesota. can you drive it in the wintertime? do you need different tires (i have the continentals)?

david

Old 07-01-2007, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by david48
i am a new crossfire owner and live in minnesota. can you drive it in the wintertime? do you need different tires (i have the continentals)?

david
Welcome to the Crossfire Fold. I'd just bought my Crossfire Roadster in February so didn't get too much experience on snow covered roads, but what I did convinced me that I need snow tires for winter use. I also have the Continentals which are supposed to be "all season" tires but I suspect by "all season" they mean if you live in Arizona. I found them to be absolutely worthless in snow.

The subject of winter tires has been covered extensively in the Forum and if you go to the top of the page and hit "Search" and type in "Winter" you will find all the threads. As for myself, I picked up a set of the 18" standard wheels on e-Bay and I plan on mounting some "winter" tires on them so I can easily switch back and forth. I managed to get my set for about $100 each including shipping. One has to be vigilant to snag them at that price though as they often sell for much higher.

Hope to see you around one day. You can "subscribe" to the Minnesota X-Fires thread to get e-mail notifications when there is a post in this group.

Sheldon
Houlton, WI.

Old 08-14-2007, 06:35 PM

Hey Guys,

Just bought my 50 mile 'new' SRT-6 Aero Blue coupe last month - just flipped over 2,000 miles the other day. Is anyone going to the Wings & Wheels deal in Oseola still? Might be able to talk my wife into going for the day.

Old 08-14-2007, 07:11 PM

Would be fun to drive up together. I live in Houlton WI, which is just across the bridge from Stillwater. How about we group up at my place.
Directions to my place are at:
http://sheldonaubut.com/house/directions.htm

Info at:
http://motorbooks.com/Store/CustomPage_7274.ncm
If you've never been there it is absolutely incredible.

It is Sept 8, 8:00-4:30

Will that work? Maybe meet here at 7:30? Or???

Sheldon

Quick Reply: Minnesota X-fires