Midwest Forum Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY.

Minnesota X-fires

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 07:01 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Minnesota X-fires

I am waiting it out as well Lakeville MN, I can only wax it so many times lol but I got the new pulley and spacers and will be finishing up the rest of the list by spring.

Old 02-06-2008, 08:01 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah...one look at my wife's salt- and grime-covered Escape and I'm happy to leave the XF in the garage.

Old 02-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Thumbs up Re: Minnesota X-fires

(For those on the List, Please make you Reservations at the Lodge, if needed, before 3/15/08 & let me know, OK?
Thank you very much & see ya at this Great Crossfire Weekend in the Mountains of NC/TN.)

If Not on the List, Please Sign Up NOW & Help Us Fill in the Missing "White" States Below!

(Especially PA, WV, MS, LA, AR, OK, NE, IA ,WI, MI? & OH?)

The 45 Dragon Drivers' (20) States Map @ 2/9/08
(Including DC, & Canada)

Last edited by SilverFox; 02-27-2008 at 12:52 PM.
Old 02-11-2008, 11:27 AM

Speaking of the "Tail of the Dragon", my parents live near Turkey Creek, about 20 minutes from Tyson-McGhee Airport. I had no idea that this road was so close to my parents place.

I won't be making it to the XF drive, but I will definitely be driving on that road from now on every time I visit my parents!

--------------

Anyways, I was at the University of Minnesota interviewing students on campus for jobs and I saw a dark grey Limited 6MT XF in the parking garage right next to the Starbucks. Anyone here?

Old 02-15-2008, 10:33 AM

Yep, they are right on the corner of Hwy 169 and Excelsior Blvd.

John

Old 02-15-2008, 10:57 AM
Talking Re: Minnesota X-fires

Originally Posted by sonoronos
Speaking of the "Tail of the Dragon", my parents live near Turkey Creek, about 20 minutes from Tyson-McGhee Airport. I had no idea that this road was so close to my parents place.

I won't be making it to the XF drive, but I will definitely be driving on that road from now on every time I visit my parents!

--------------

Anyways, I was at the University of Minnesota interviewing students on campus for jobs and I saw a dark grey Limited 6MT XF in the parking garage right next to the Starbucks. Anyone here?
What kinda jobs are you looking to fill ??? Lol an half a year I will be a struggling psych major lol I will need all the help I can get.

Old 02-15-2008, 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by jonnyangel04
What kinda jobs are you looking to fill ??? Lol an half a year I will be a struggling psych major lol I will need all the help I can get.
Engineering jobs, we have a lot of people retiring and need new engineers to ward off the brain-drain.

Last edited by sonoronos; 02-27-2008 at 11:58 AM.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:19 PM

How about a spring event, Minnesota xfires?

Any ideas?

How about a track day at Brainerd International Raceway's "Advanced Driving School"? I'm not talking about drag racing...I'm talking about road racing!

It's $265/car for one driver. Each additional driver is $100.00. This price includes helmet, racing suit, breakfast, professional instruction, a track "drive-around" in an SUV, lunch, snacks throughout the day, and the best bit of course - drive as many laps as you want from 9:30 am to sunset! The first track day is in May.

http://www.na-motorsports.com/Tracks...es/bir/BIR.gif

If anyone else has any other, brighter ideas, please post it up. Spring is coming...

Last edited by sonoronos; 02-27-2008 at 12:28 PM.
Old 02-27-2008, 12:57 PM
Thumbs up Re: Minnesota X-fires

--------------

If anyone else has any other, brighter ideas, please post it up. Spring is coming...

sonoronos,

Maybe this Fall or Next Years' Meets?
I have a home in Northern Minn & I'm from Wisc

Anyone else in the "Frozen North" care to make it a Spring Vacation to the Dragon Weekend, with 50+ other Crossfires Roaring around the Mountains of TN/NC?

Bill (SF)

Old 02-28-2008, 09:48 PM

Hey gang,
I'm goin' nuts waiting for sand and salt free roads! And, I have a suggestion for a spring day trip down around Hwy 61 Lake City, Winona area. It's a beautiful drive and there are a bunch of amazing "back roads" all over the area that would make for a great ride...

And on a side note, I saw a white XFire at the Ridgedale Mall near Redstone on a Saturday about a month ago, anyone?? It was spotless, so I don't think it had been driven to far...

Old 03-02-2008, 04:38 AM
Forum Regular

I can't wait for spring, either. Both of mine are in the garage. The SRT-6 hasn't been on the road since Halloween and the Limited hasn't been out since Thanksgiving. My wife's Escape hybrid just doesn't offer the same kind of fun.

I saw a red Viper GTS in south Minneapolis yesterday. I guess that guy just couldn't wait any longer.

Old 03-04-2008, 07:13 AM

Hey everyone, jumping in on this rather late but I am also in mn. Zimmerman to be exact. Eager for the snow, salt and sand to go away so I can get mine out of the garage. Spring is right around the corner.

Old 03-13-2008, 11:39 AM

It's 45 degrees outside! I went to work without a jacket! lol...

Old 03-13-2008, 04:52 PM
Smile Re: Minnesota X-fires

We purchased our '05 SRT aero blue roadster in Nov. '07 from a Chrysler dealer near Atlanta, and drove it via the Gulf coast,accumulating 2500 miles over nine days, enroute home to Alexandria,mn., before parking it in our heated shop for the winter. We looking to taking it out of hibernation in April, and making a number of trips around the midwest. We can be identified by our license plate, LTGTR (Let the Good Times Roll)

Old 03-13-2008, 06:25 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 454 Likes on 320 Posts

Any of you up north that have considered attending the Tail of the Dragon meet in April in North Carolina I just want you to know that I will be leaving Thursday morning from the western suburbs of Chicago and heading to the Dragon. If you want to go and stay a night at my house I have plenty of room and you can stay Wednesday night and ride my tail on Thursday.
Just send me a PM if you are interested. Gary

Old 03-13-2008, 07:43 PM
Forum Regular

It's 45 degrees outside! I went to work without a jacket! lol...
It was 51 when I left the office! It's almost time for my Crossfires to come out of hibernation. I'm expecting to see some toys on the roads this weekend.

Old 03-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Forum Regular

Took my Limited out for the first time since Thanksgiving today. S'wonderful!

Old 03-28-2008, 06:29 PM

I took mine out of storage about two weeks ago and have driven it a few times since then, when the roads are dry at least. Had the top down the one day that it hit 50 and that felt great. I am so happy to see spring on the way finally. This was one of the longest winters I can remember in a very long time and I've hated every minute of it. I may have jumped the gun getting the car out based on this photo, shot last week a couple of days after that 50 degree day.

Old 03-29-2008, 07:20 AM
Forum Regular

D'oh!

Today looks like another nice one.

Old 03-29-2008, 11:04 AM

Just took mine out yesterday to find out I have a leaking valve cover nothing like the smell of burning oil on a header damn it. sucks

Quick Reply: Minnesota X-fires