Midwest Forum Serving CO, IA, IL, IN, KS, MI, MN, MO, MT, ND, NE, SD, UT, WI, WY.

Minnesota X-fires

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2020, 03:53 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Minnesota X-fires

Hi again folks, here's some more pictures of the 2007 Base Coupe for sale for $7250. Of course, no reasonable offer refused. Again, 95000 miles. Also includes a set of winter tires used one year on their own wheels.

Old 08-22-2020, 12:15 PM
Forum Regular

Hi Folks, Just an update - A gentleman and his son came out and took a look at the car. They offered $5000 and my daughter accepted. You might see a new member - the young man's name is Zack. Please give him a warm welcome to the group!

Thanks to all in this forum for the lively banter and the questions answered. I've had the pleasure to meet many of you at St. Louis and around town here in the Twin Cities area. You may know that after I gave the Crossfire to my daughter, I bought a Scion FRS. I still have that car and am a member of that forum now.

All the best! Steve Chaplin

The following users liked this post:
onehundred80 (08-05-2022)
Old 08-23-2020, 11:56 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am a new XF owner and live in the Mpls. area. Where do you live?

Old 08-24-2020, 07:53 AM
Forum Regular

Hi Dwight, unfortunately, I don't own the Crossfire anymore! There are plenty others up here in Minnesota that will welcome you!

Old 09-05-2020, 12:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to see you go Winston! There is a local black SRT6 for sale in Wayzata calling you......

Old 09-13-2020, 02:00 PM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default a2004 blaze red poop in Hutchinson

Hello everyone! I already posted in the new members area but thought I would check in here as well. I have been digging into the forum over the past two weeks and have read every message in this thread. It was exciting to see enthusiastic crossfire owners in the area and a bit sad to see some of the active members sell their cars and it seems the activity in this thread has died down over the years. I hope there are still members interested in occasional get togethers and group rides. I am blind so I can’t do all of the work on our crossfire myself So it might be nice to find other crossfire enthusiast in the area who might be willing to help out with upgrades or repairs. I’ve gained a lot of valuable knowledge by digging into the forum and I am sure I have a ton more to learn.

Old 10-15-2020, 10:58 AM

Just found this thread. My Crossfire is in storage right now. In August I found a '05 roadster with 7200 miles on it. It's about 95% as perfect as the day it was made. I'm working on the other 5%. I live in Shoreview and would like to meet some other Crossfire owners. Thanks, Ron 651-717-0966

Old 10-15-2020, 09:16 PM

Hi Ron, welcome to the forum! It seems like not many from this thread are still around or paying attention to it anymore but I think there are still a few Minnesotans who are active on the forum. My wife and I live in Hutchinson and bought a 2004 Limited coupe with 36,000 miles in September. It had been neglected and needs a lot of attention but we are working on it.

Old 10-15-2020, 11:50 PM

I have a 2005 White Roadster. Picked it up late this summer for my wife. Enjoy the car but I also have a '13 Challlenger R/T that is a lot of fun. We live in Lino Lakes like to cruise around the area and North mostly.

Old 10-16-2020, 10:23 AM

Thanks for the reply. I personally like working on cars, street rods and vehicles like Crossfires so if you ever want help some Sat. let me know. I spent the last 40 years in the brake, chassis, suspension repair and training field. I haven't done a lot of Crossfire work but it's the same as many MB cars in a lot of ways. I also own a factory set of dealership service manuals if you ever need an OE information. Contact me anytime. I travel a bit but that of course is slowed down with the Covid 19 problem. You can also call me anytime as I really hate typing. Ron 651-717-0966

Old 10-16-2020, 10:38 AM

Dwight, if you want to meet before it's car driving season again contact me. I live just off Lexington Ave. by the Shoreview watertower. Thanks, Ron H

Old 11-04-2020, 12:12 AM

I own an '06 limited coupe. Had it since 2012. I live in Minnetonka Mills. Love the car and it gets a lot of attention.

Old 07-24-2021, 11:32 PM

My wife and I just took our plays red 2004 Limited coupe to the galaxy drive-in in Minneapolis this afternoon and ended up going through Minnetonka Mills. I would like to get together with other crossfire owners but I think it would be kind of hard to line up because I am dependent on my wife’s work schedule which changes and there doesn’t seem to be many active crossfire owners from Minnesota who read this thread. We are from Hutchinson and regularly see a black coupe in town but have not talked to the owner.

Old 07-25-2021, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Ron Henningsen
Dwight, if you want to meet before it's car driving season again contact me. I live just off Lexington Ave. by the Shoreview watertower. Thanks, Ron H
Sorry I never got back to you Ron. I haven't checked out the forum for quite awhile as you can tell. You live just a few miles from us and it would be great to get together for a cruise or just talk cars. Let me know if you are still interested.

Come over and check out the man cave.

arydant (07-25-2021)
Old 07-25-2021, 10:20 AM

I'm open for a get together.

Dwight (07-25-2021)
Old 07-25-2021, 10:19 PM

Who would be up for a meet up next Sunday afternoon August 1? Somewhere in the west metro would be good for us anywhere from Chaska to Maple Grove. We are 55 260 miles west of Minneapolis on Highway seven. I would leave it up to someone from the metro area to recommend a good location that works for everyone who is interested.

Old 07-26-2021, 09:10 AM

We live in Minnetonka. If you are coming in on HWY 7, Purgatory Park might be a good place to meet.

Old 07-26-2021, 10:11 PM

I texted Ron and he just got back to me. He is out of town for a few days and can’t get on the forum but it sounds like he can make it on Sunday and offered Como Park as a suggestion. Another couple with his and hers roadsters would be coming from Saint cloud. Maybe we can put together however many location suggestions we get and vote on what would work best for everyone. I’d like to get the details nailed down by Friday. If anyone wants to reach out to other crossfire owners you know of in the area it would be appreciated. I am a bit limited with what I can do on the forum due to my vision so I don’t know if I could create a poll to vote for location or time. I know that it doesn’t have to be perfectly organized four my first attempt at a meet up with other crossfire owners but I wanted to make an effort to include as many as possible.

Old 07-26-2021, 11:32 PM

The Maple Grove area for the get together would work better for us as we live in No. Suburb. Let me know what is decided on.

Old 07-28-2021, 07:03 PM

Based on where everyone who has shown interest would be coming from I think Maple Grove would be a good choice. Unfortunately, I am not familiar with the area so I would not be able to choose or suggest a specific location to meet. I tried reaching out to forum members from Maple Grove aunt Plymouth but they are no longer active and I have not gotten a response. The person who started this thread was from Maple Grove and at one time I believe had to crossfires including an SRT six but their last post was in 2018 and last login was 2019. If we don’t get any further suggestions I. E. Maple Grove, I think we should choose between the suggestions already given. There are a few public parks in Maple Grove but I don’t know the layout so couldn’t say if they would be ideal for parking the cars together and socializing. Please offer any suggestions or post your preference between Purgatory Park or Como Park in this thread. I’d like to have the location and time set by Friday afternoon so everyone will know when and where to meet and whether they will be attending.

Quick Reply: Minnesota X-fires