New England Forum Serving CT, ME, MA, NH, RI, VT

Moving to Fairfield, CT...looking to meet some XFIRES'...PLEASE RESPOND!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moving to Fairfield, CT...looking to meet some XFIRES'...PLEASE RESPOND!

Hey All!!!! I am goin to be moving to Fairfield, CT on October 2nd and want to meet some Crossfire owners, ive heard of a couple around town. Down here your lucky if you see one in a month. Im looking forward to the feed back and the move beacuse we all know our XFIRES looovvveee the cool air!!! Please let me know if anyone is around the area because everyone in Fairfield drives an SRT-4 Dodge Neon and i would like to take some drives through Easton with a couple of my beloved Crossfires to show our presence. THANKS GUYS!!!!

Old 09-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Moving to Fairfield, CT...looking to meet some XFIRES'...PLEASE RESPOND!

We will welcome you with open arms. As you can tell by the New England section we are pretty active at this time. 2 big events going in the works! After this month maybe we can plan a GTG for your arrival to New England. Then you will get to meet alot of us.
We have a page on Facebook. Just click on the link in my signature. Sign on as a fan of the New England XFires page. Definitely keep and eye on this section of the Crossfireforum.org as well.
Stan

Old 09-13-2009, 11:18 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Moving to Fairfield, CT...looking to meet some XFIRES'...PLEASE RESPOND!

Welcome to New England! Looking forward to meeting you at one of our GTG's

Old 09-14-2009, 12:42 AM

Welcome to the area...soon.

I am in New Jersey and am always up for a nice GTG.

You should come down to Wildwood, NJ ono the weekend of October 2,3,4 for the car show. There will be at least a half dozen of us down there showing.

Search the forum for wildwood, nj and you will find thte thread started by accripy1.

Old 09-14-2009, 01:01 AM

Thanks guys for the welcome!!! Im extremely excitied to get into an active crossfire scene. Down here its nothing but "lets try to get a G2G",but never actually happens. I would love to go to the meet with a couple of you guys, but with the move and everything, it will be tight. I actaully have a Facebook and will be looking up the NEX site to help me meet all you guys. If your Interested add me (Michael Gullberg Kissimmee, FL or the Orlando network) check the pics of my XFire . It would be awesome if we planned a G2G for my arrival!!! A month or so after i arrive would be perfect, so I can get setteled in. I appreciate all the responses, feel free to keep this thread going so I can meet more of you because i wouldnt wanna drive to meets alone! Oh, and Blackxfire, I was planning on documenting the move but my digital camera got stolen a couple days ago. Looking forward to the feed back and the move. Ahhhh it feels so good to be moving back home!!! Anyone else around Fairfield, CT?

Old 09-14-2009, 01:14 AM

a G2G for your arrival would be difficult, a good number of us will already be down in Wildwood, NJ for the car show like I said...you should just come join us down there...even though that mayy be difficult.

Old 09-14-2009, 07:25 AM
Forum Regular

I can see that you will probably be busy setting up your household on Oct 3rd so I wouldn't expect you at the NJ Chrysler Owners Group car show for that weekend.
It has been my experience as the weather gets colder some of us put our Crossfire's to bed for the winter. Not me. So it becomes harder to get a large group together for a run the further we get into fall. I am sure we will have something in October and maybe a smaller GTG in November.
Stan

Old 09-14-2009, 07:30 AM
Forum Regular

So are you the "beer chugging" Michael Gullberg from Orlando that is on Facebook? Umm... we don't allow your type in our group! LOL !! Or are you the grumpy looking guy with the sunglasses?
Once you add my as a friend I'll be able to check out your pics. Dont' forget to go to my New England XFires page and add yourself as a fan.
Stan

Old 09-14-2009, 08:58 PM

Hahaha I would be the beer chugging Mike.lol. Ok so, ive talked to one of my friends up north and I will probably be at the Wildwood meet on the 4th. I still have to look up the directions and see if I can get a couple cars together to go with me. Is it strictly XFIRES??? Is there an address that i could plug into my gps, is everyone meeting up before hand??? I will take alook at the thread and check out the details. Keep the responses coming guys!!!

Old 09-14-2009, 09:03 PM

Oh and blackxfire, are you going to be driving down from MASS to the meet??? If so, maybe we can meet up off I-95 somewhere in CT and take the ride together...after all 2 Crossfire's are better than 1!!!

Old 09-14-2009, 09:12 PM

It won't be just crossfires. I think the last time I looked there were about 150 cars registered.

As for an address, acrispy1 would have the best address for where the meet actually be, but everyone is staying at the Imperial 500 hotel...

that address is:

6601 Atlantic Ave
Wildwood Crest, NJ 08260

Hope to see you there...

Old 09-15-2009, 07:31 AM
Forum Regular

Hi all,
The Wildwood GTG is a COG sponsored event. Go to the Chrsyler Owners Group website to see the information on the meet. Sorry, I will not be attending the NJ meet. Look at the threads under "Car shows" and in the "Northeast forum".
The COG is also having a GTG in Salem, MA which I will most likey attend. I am sure a few of us NEX members will be at the Salem one. You'll be able to hook up with Bruce from Norwich or Rick from Warwick or me, on the way up to Salem.
Stan

Last edited by blackxfire; 09-15-2009 at 07:33 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:25 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Welcome to New England. Of course you are welcome to run with us. As you mentioned Fairfield, there is a great and active club...Fairfield County Sports Car Club. They do alot of autocross (and train u in autocross)and are a fun group. They have a website.

Last edited by Nightrider; 09-15-2009 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:24 PM

Thanks again everyone. I think that I may not attend the Wildwood G2G....maybe i I might. but i will definatley be at the one in Salem!!! Looks like a $hit load of fun!!! Not to get off topic or anything but can someone post me a link for a sprint booster. I would like to buy one before my first meet. Is it something i can install myself??? Price??? Effectiveness??? THANK YOU!!!!

Old 09-16-2009, 08:31 AM
Forum Regular

Just do a forum search for Sprint Booster. I bought mine from TVT. It is easy to install. Then you do a throttle reset. It definitely makes for a touchier gas pedal at times. It does eliminate some of the lag but not all. it works best at highway speeds.
Stan

Old 09-16-2009, 12:16 PM

I was just on TVT and i couldn't find anything about a sprint booster. Also, for the throttle reset. When i turn the car to the "on" position, does this mean ACC or actually turn the car on so that its running. Sorry for getting off topic, i just dont feel like starting a new thread.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:53 AM
Forum Regular

Call or send a PM to TVT about the booster.
The throttle reset is to turn the key to the position just before the engine cranks. I don't know if that is the ACC or if the ACC is just to the left of that.
Stan

Old 09-17-2009, 01:31 PM

Thanks, Black. I just reset my throttle response and ripped it up my street. LOVE IT!!!! It took a couple tries but it definatley works. Cant wait to see what it will do with a sprint booster. Also, there is a performance chip on ebay that gives you +69 hp. Is this true or just another sale scheme? Oh, ya and its only $19.95. HMMMMM I dunnnoooo. I will be attending a meet in Shelton, CT on October 6th on River Street by Sikorsky Airport. Is anybody else attending this meet?

Old 09-17-2009, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by CroSSFiRe 407
Thanks, Black. I just reset my throttle response and ripped it up my street. LOVE IT!!!! It took a couple tries but it definatley works. Cant wait to see what it will do with a sprint booster. Also, there is a performance chip on ebay that gives you +69 hp. Is this true or just another sale scheme? Oh, ya and its only $19.95. HMMMMM I dunnnoooo. I will be attending a meet in Shelton, CT on October 6th on River Street by Sikorsky Airport. Is anybody else attending this meet?
SCHEEEEEEEMMMMEEEE....

there are no chips only ECU tunes. Eurocharged/LET or InMotion. simple as that.

...you get what you pay for, but you sure as hell ain't gettin 69hp.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:00 PM

EXACTLY what I thought....I actually found it in a thread on the forum. Someone should post a CUSTOMER BEWARE THREAD ABOUT IT...I'm going to try to get the link. Anyone heading to the Shelton meet on the 6th?

Quick Reply: Moving to Fairfield, CT...looking to meet some XFIRES'...PLEASE RESPOND!