New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Black Crossfire '04 with Red Accents

Old 07-26-2013, 02:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Black Crossfire '04 with Red Accents

just another picture..

Old 07-26-2013, 04:17 PM
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the stripes! I thought that was Neon at first.

Old 08-11-2013, 04:11 AM

So I had my first "official" street race tonight... A buddy of my brothers bought a black 2011 3.6L V6 Dodge Challenger (just the base model) and decided he wanted to go out on the interstate and go toe to toe with my Crossfire. We had two races, the first race I beat him pretty well from the start. The second race, I beat him off the line but once we hit about 60mph he started inching up. We both drive automatics, and I completely forgot to use the slap stick. His car switched to 5th gear before mine did and he got about 1 foot in front of me. Then once we hit 130mph we had to stop cause we caught up with traffic... so i considered him winning that one...

But the moral of the story tonight was that I got really inspired to start upgrading the engine. I started listing what i need mainly to increase acceleration and horsepower. So far my list is: needswings CAI, 74mm throttle body, Eurochared tune. As an upcoming freshman at the University of Memphis, I cant afford anything too expensive, so these things are my best bet right now. If any of you guys have anything to say of have any tips or other smaller parts (such as filters, etc.) for me to upgrade whats under the hood, I really like feedback!

Old 08-11-2013, 08:04 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

So far my list is: needswings CAI, 74mm throttle body, Eurochared tune.
That about sums it up for the N/A.
You do not need the dual CAI as it offers no gain over the single for the N/A, although it does LOOK better.
The 74mm & EC tune are a must, the only other things I can think of are MagnaCore plug wires and perhaps an oil catch can.

A few have tried an under-drive pulley set, but that manufacturer went out of business, and I don't think there was much HP gain for the amount spent anyway.

Old 08-12-2013, 12:29 AM

Okay cool. What exactly would be the benefit or the Magnecor wires and the oil catch can?

Old 08-12-2013, 07:08 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by Sadie The Xfire
Okay cool. What exactly would be the benefit of the Magnecor wires and the oil catch can?
The Magnecor wires supposedly provide superior spark, besides looking cool.
The oil catch can keeps all the engine vented junk from accumulating in the intake manifold, besides also looking cool.
You can see the Magnecors here, along with a part of the catch can in the lower right corner :

Last edited by ala_xfire; 08-12-2013 at 07:14 AM.
Old 08-12-2013, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
The oil catch can keeps all the engine vented junk from accumulating in the intake manifold, besides also looking cool.
Thanks man, is there any way I could get a link to the type of wires needed or oil catch can? That would be very helpful!

Old 08-13-2013, 09:41 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
You can see the Magnecors here, along with a part of the catch can in the lower right corner :

Wow that engine bay looks so much cleaner than mine.. I should probably bust out a rag sometime soon

Also, the Oil Catch Can is from Needswings NeedsWings Crossfire Oil Catch Can Kit

Old 08-14-2013, 03:10 AM

So I drove down to a local muffler shop today so they could take a look at what they would be working with. It wasnt anything too hard or serious, Im just getting a Flowmaster Super 44 put on for a littler better sound. They're putting it on on thrusday and said it wouldnt take more than an hour. Im also keeping the stock exhaust tips because I dont thing they could look any better.

The moral of the story is that Im just happy that this is finally gonna happen, since the last auto shop told me on three different occasions that they would call me back with a time and never did in three weeks... not to mention the new place quoted me a cheaper price and everything.

I took a before video of the stock sound, and once its on I'll take another and try to make a before/after video for those of you that like to see change (in good ways), like myself.

Old 08-16-2013, 01:07 AM

Flowmaster got put on today, and I gotta say I'm loving the Super 44! Surely made inside the car a lot louder! Very happy with the new sound. Ill try to post a video soon.

Old 08-21-2013, 01:31 AM

Okay, when installing the 74mm Throttle body, do I have to buy the larger MAF unit and use the OEM sensor, or is the OEM MAF unit compatible? Im ordering the throttle body this week and I want to get it on as quick as I can.