New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Old 10-15-2013, 07:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member

I have decided that a Crossfire SRT6 Roadster is my next fun car to find. I have had numerous sports cars over the years and my latest was a 2008 ZO6 corvette. It had raw power but it was like all ZO6's not a roadster. My wife wants the auto trans so this car fits the bill. I am a extemely fussy type guy and will pay for a clean low mileage roadster. It really is still between a Z4 BMW roadster and this but the supercharge motor really has me hooked, just hope I can find the right car. I fly for a living so I can easily travel a little to drive the right one home. If anyone has the right car let me know. Thanks

Old 10-15-2013, 10:23 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: New Member

Good luck in your search! Only about 924 or so SRT-6 roadsters were made. The SRT-6, IMHO, is better than the Z4. BMW's Z series are great cars, but they cannot match the power of the SRT-6. A few mods here and there and you will be easily pushing over 400+ HP.

Old 10-15-2013, 10:57 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum 410shooter. Sounds like you will fit right in. The BMW Z4 with the retracable hard top is a beautiful car and I am sure it is a drivers car. I agree with Evan that the AMG hand built engine with forged internals in the SRT 6, especially with a few mods, is a more powerful engine. You will however find some unexpected benefits when you buy a Crossfire. The suppor group on the forum, the great people you will meet through the GTG's and the knowledge about these cars to be found here are priceless.

Let us know where you are located. Many here have used a forum member local to a car you may interest in as a first contact to review the car in person and pass on info. This can save time and weed out the ones that don't live up to the advertisement.

Good luck with your search and let us know if we can be of help.

Old 10-15-2013, 11:06 PM
Forum Regular
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Wonderful choice and logic, and pretty much how I came to choose my new-to-me SRT6 Roadster with 38k miles a couple weeks ago. I decided to get this car 5 years ago, because I believe it will become a cult classic, but one thing and another caused me to wait until now. This is an AMAZING car. I can't seem to stop grinning. In a couple weeks I'm going to Eurocharged in DC to see what further mischief I can stir up :-)

The chief VIN# registrar on this site told me that he estimates there are appx 720 SRT6 Roadsters left after wrecks/salvage/export etc. So soon low mileage SRT6 Roadsters will be harder to find than Jimmy Hoffa's forwarding address.

Last edited by Da55id; 10-15-2013 at 11:10 PM.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:41 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bigkid
Welcome to the forum 410shooter. Sounds like you will fit right in. The BMW Z4 with the retracable hard top is a beautiful car and I am sure it is a drivers car. I agree with Evan that the AMG hand built engine with forged internals in the SRT 6, especially with a few mods, is a more powerful engine. You will however find some unexpected benefits when you buy a Crossfire. The suppor group on the forum, the great people you will meet through the GTG's and the knowledge about these cars to be found here are priceless.

Let us know where you are located. Many here have used a forum member local to a car you may interest in as a first contact to review the car in person and pass on info. This can save time and weed out the ones that don't live up to the advertisement.

Good luck with your search and let us know if we can be of help.
Thanks for the friendly words, located in Wisconsin, winter here soon so it gives me plenty of time to find the right car for the spring. With only over 700 left it might be a search.