New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Slammed Crossfire

Old 03-29-2014, 06:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slammed Crossfire

Hey guys, been on here a couple years and have never posted so thought I'd introduce myself. My names Eric, I'm from Iowa, and I have a black 04 NA 6 speed. It's lowered with the stock wheels painted black with 25mm eibach spacers in the rear and 10mm spacers in front. She's sittin' pretty. Only more I've done is a cat back exhaust and a me wood CD player (because the factory stereo sucks pretty bad). Let me know what you guys think!

Last edited by DarksideXF; 03-29-2014 at 06:25 AM.
Old 03-29-2014, 06:26 AM
Default Re: Slammed Crossfire

Btw my next mod will hopefully be a eurocharged tune. Any experience? Worth it?

Forgot to mention in first post that I painted my windshield surround black, looks much better in my opinion...

Old 03-29-2014, 08:14 AM
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

GJ. Looks good, since your full black, painting the windshield trim is a good touch

Old 03-29-2014, 08:34 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by DarksideXF
Btw my next mod will hopefully be a eurocharged tune. Any experience? Worth it?

Forgot to mention in first post that I painted my windshield surround black, looks much better in my opinion...
Yes to the EC tune, but before you do that, upgrade to a 74mm throttle bode and a NeedsWings single CAI if you haven't already.

Old 03-30-2014, 01:50 AM

Needswings intake is definitely on the list. Is it worth the cost? Kind of expensive for an intake...but that's pretty much the only option so I guess they can charge whatever they want! Any noticeable power gains? Any deeper engine growl?

Any specific throttle body or will any 74mm tb bolt right on? Stupid question maybe...never changed a throttle body on anything.

Thanks for the advice!

Old 03-30-2014, 03:49 AM
Former Vendor
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to have you Darkside!

Old 03-30-2014, 09:10 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Needswings intake is definitely on the list. Is it worth the cost? Kind of expensive for an intake...but that's pretty much the only option so I guess they can charge whatever they want! Any noticeable power gains? Any deeper engine growl?

Any specific throttle body or will any 74mm tb bolt right on? Stupid question maybe...never changed a throttle body on anything.

Thanks for the advice!
Read this ( the .pdf file ) :
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ade-guide.html

One COULD make their own custom intake like maxcichon did ( see SIG on any of his posts ), but you will require good SS welding skills.

There are web sites that will supply all the needed tubing and silicone connectors, the main PITA is the mount for the IAT/MAF sensor.
( Max got around this by retaining the OEM plastic bits )

Old 03-30-2014, 10:06 AM
Forum Regular

Looks good. What brand of wheel spacers did you use? What suspension are you running?

Old 03-30-2014, 10:23 AM
Forum Regular
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Welcome aboard! Check out my intro thread. I think you might like what you find

Old 03-30-2014, 11:37 AM
Administrator
-C-I-C-C-I Associate Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

~ that looks really nice!

Old 04-02-2014, 04:12 PM

How's the car lowered ? Eibach springs? Looks the perfect height and exactly where I want mine sat

Old 04-03-2014, 03:40 PM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ala_xfire
Yes to the EC tune, but before you do that, upgrade to a 74mm throttle bode and a NeedsWings single CAI if you haven't already.
While I agree with Alaxfire on these mods I would disagree about waiting to get the tune. The tune is the best bang for the buck around and the car really performs much better with it even if you don't do the other mods or simply want to wait until you have the money for the CAI etc. You can always have the car retuned. With my tune, I have lifetime retunes by EC. They may not do it anymore but at that point another 300 dollar sale to return it may be worth it.

Old 04-04-2014, 10:34 AM

Wheel spacers are 25mm rear, 10mm front. Both are Eibach hubcentric.
Suspension for now is unfortunately just cut springs. I took a coil off the front and a coil and a half off the rear. Seen a lot of over members doing this so figured it was free so I'd give it a try. The ride gets worse and worse, mostly due to the Midwest roads... I just drove the car to Florida Sunday and got home today (1400 miles one way) and the further south I got the better the roads got and the smoother it rode.

I used to work at a race/parts shop down there called enjuku that deals with mostly Japanese cars, but found out while I was down there that BC Racing has a coilover available for the XF. I had a set of bc coilovers on my old miata and they were awesome (I've also had stance, tein, and Megan on other miatas and Nissan 240sx's, and the BC were the best as far as ride quality) so I think I'll start saving and give those a try. I still have friends that work there so I can get them at cost...

Now I just need need to figure out what to do first.... Coilovers or tune and intake... Hmmmm

Old 04-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wait for a sale with the tune, that will at least help with that part of the decision

Old 04-07-2014, 01:11 PM

Jerry at eurocharged said he would honor the sale price at any time, 300 bucks for the tune AND the cable needed for the tune. Seems like a good deal. Just don't know if I should go ahead with the tune now or get the intake and whatnot first and have to retune later. Is there that much of a difference if I were to get the tune now and add intake and throttle body later?

Old 04-14-2014, 02:49 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jerry at eurocharged said he would honor the sale price at any time, 300 bucks for the tune AND the cable needed for the tune. Seems like a good deal. Just don't know if I should go ahead with the tune now or get the intake and whatnot first and have to retune later. Is there that much of a difference if I were to get the tune now and add intake and throttle body later?
no difference, that's what I did.. actually, if I'm being honest I bought the tune, had them tune my car in stock setup then later got the intake & TB installed and actually haven't gotten a retune yet.. I no longer have a laptop so I've just been lazy with dragging my computer outside to the car

Old 04-14-2014, 04:26 PM

Seriously how noticeable is the eurocharged tune? I've heard some people say so so and some say it makes it a whole different car. Anyone have a sprint booster? Yes I'm aware they do different things, but have heard that both do a good job at their intended purpose. Which should be next on the list?

Old 04-14-2014, 04:41 PM

Had been logging my car with Torque Pro.. It showed 11 hp gain at the wheels. But not where I had "test run". (highway on ramp) Seems like it shifts around the torque and hp band with it. (this was done with a 74mm throttle body upgrade already in place).

Old 04-14-2014, 06:29 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Had been logging my car with Torque Pro.. It showed 11 hp gain at the wheels. But not where I had "test run". (highway on ramp) Seems like it shifts around the torque and hp band with it. (this was done with a 74mm throttle body upgrade already in place).
Greg: Speaking of 74MM throttle body... where can I get one at a good price? remember, I'm old and broke!!Carl

Old 04-14-2014, 08:22 PM

Ala_Xfire is pretty big on carparts.com (?) I think.. they are reasonable priced.. but I just hover on Ebay like an Eagle and ****** up the bargains.. LOL.

Broke.. ha.. your like me.. it may be worth 70.. but I'll wait a week or two and take one at 60..

10 bucks is almost 65 free miles down the highway to the Dragon..

Quick Reply: Slammed Crossfire