New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

Newbie here

Old 07-26-2018, 04:59 PM
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Thumbs up Newbie here

Hi all!

Just want to introduce myself. Been a car nut all my life...still am. Coming from the Corvetteforum (C2 section)) and I have to give KUDOOS to past and present members here on the depth of detail and support for the passion demonstrated on these Crossfires! I have to acknowledge my wife's pointing me to these cars. Seems over the years she always admired them (me too) but I was totally distracted/engrossed in a '65 Corvette. That Corvetteforum was a great safety net on "how to do it". But, I must admit, been lurking here for a couple of weeks and I AM impressed on the depth of detail displayed to keep these cars on the road. Well, we've begun searching for one and have narrowed it down to a coupe. Will see where this goes . I am armed with at least 3 areas to focus on. The stuck key issue, the possibility of heated seat wires broken and the potential for rust under the door behind the weatherstripping. Stay tuned, Will keep you posted.

Regards,

Old 07-26-2018, 08:04 PM
Default Re: Newbie here

I've seen this term used but don't know what it is/does. SKREEM Why does it need to be addressed?

Thanks in advance!
Regards,

Old 07-26-2018, 08:14 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Secure keyless remote electronic entry module...SKREEM.. it can fail...

Old 07-26-2018, 08:15 PM

Thanks Steve!

Old 07-26-2018, 08:17 PM
Administrator
Received 884 Likes on 689 Posts

Only the door rust is something I'd worry about. The other two are easy fixes.

The SKREEM is the "Security Key REmote Entry Module" and the only two things about it are:
  • Replace it when it goes bad
  • Keep you battery terminals clean, and I don't think running a battery over four years is a good idea. Any electrical surges can zap the SKREEM (and other modules, the airbag module being one that my weak battery didn't protect).
Ive owned three Crossfires since 2009, never had a SKREEM issue, but my time is probably coming.

Old 07-26-2018, 08:27 PM

pizzaguy,

:thumbs: Yeh, watched that YOUTUBE video by Paul (I'm sure he's a member here) on fixing the heat seat issue as well as the stuck key. Rust never stops working. Hope what I find is minimal.

Old 07-26-2018, 09:36 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welcome! glad to have you on board!

Old 07-26-2018, 10:12 PM

����. Thanks! It's going to be an adventure!

Old 07-26-2018, 10:38 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Some owners did not drive the car in the rain so you can find rust free examples. I just bought one 2 weeks ago that has bad maintenance but I am solving those issues as you can repair brakes, transmission fluid, gas filters, o2 sensors spark plugs air filters etc easier than rusty underbody or rusty doors. good luck with your search!

Old 07-26-2018, 10:41 PM

Right on about that. We're looking at a 2005 SRT6 Coupe tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Old 07-27-2018, 07:20 PM
Unhappy Re: Newbie here

Just purchased a 2005 Crossfire from the auction, Got it home and it started up twice and cuts off and the third time nothing happens, took it to the shop and i was told it was the rcm, but after doing some research I understand it might be the skreem , I sent it to modulegods and now theyre saying its bad and cant be repairable, and he needs me to send him the ecu and keys, my question is if the ecu is bad will it even turn on and cut off, also i was thinking the keys might be bad, Will bad keys have these symptoms, Please help

Old 07-28-2018, 12:47 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by rubgutz
Just purchased a 2005 Crossfire from the auction, Got it home and it started up twice and cuts off and the third time nothing happens, took it to the shop and i was told it was the rcm, but after doing some research I understand it might be the skreem , I sent it to modulegods and now theyre saying its bad and cant be repairable, and he needs me to send him the ecu and keys, my question is if the ecu is bad will it even turn on and cut off, also i was thinking the keys might be bad, Will bad keys have these symptoms, Please help
I doubt that both keys are bad - therefore, it's the SKREEM.

The fix for a bad SKREEM is to order a new one. I don't understand this "send the ecu" stuff. Rob at Needswings has SKREEMs for $249 plus shipping. They are plug-n-play.

Old 07-28-2018, 12:06 PM

yes modulegods wants me to send in the ecu and keys he says to close the circuit, but my question is i had all bad components would it even attempt to start and cut off

Old 07-28-2018, 01:12 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by rubgutz
yes modulegods wants me to send in the ecu and keys he says to close the circuit, but my question is i had all bad components would it even attempt to start and cut off
Yes, it would attempt to start IF the SKREEM is bad and the ECU is operational.
As to "close the circuit" - I've been in electronics since 1981 and am currently in an engineering role at JVCKenwood - and I have no clue what they are saying or what they think they are doing.

I'd have the car towed home, contact Rob at Needwings, order a new SKREEM for $249 plus shipping and see how far that gets you.