New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

New Owner...

Old 03-31-2019, 06:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Owner...

Had my late 2006 Crossfire NA Coupe (auto, Machne Grey) a couple of weeks now, love it. This forum is such a vast wealth of knowledge and it’s been of great use to me so far. My car has 55k on the clock and after reading about the Crankshaft Position Sensor issue, decided to replace it with a new Bosch item. On the one hand, I could have left it (no issues) but assuming this new one lasts, I felt better swapping it out and keeping the old one (looks like the original item) with required tools in the car.

Thanks to the excellent guide from 180 on here, it was pretty straightforward with the hardest part being squeezing the clip to release the connector (pain!)..in the end I used needle-nosed pliers at an angle to do that part, it released immediately with minimum force. The Bosch replacement dropped right in, tightened the bolt to 8nm, pushed the connector on and that was it. Started immediately and has continued to do so...thanks again to the knowledge on here!

No pictures of the car yet but getting around to it