New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

New member William May

Old 04-06-2022, 07:44 PM
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Smile New member William May

Hello, everyone!
Looking for a new car, and decided the new one would be a Crossfire, of one type or another.
I have finally found a 2004 that has 28K miles on it, which I figure is about 1500 miles per year, which i felt was just enough to keep the car from deteriorating, but did not eat the car up with wear.
(Although the fact that I have seen several Crossfires now with OVER 200,000 miles gives me hope the car will have a long life.)
I hope to be going to see and pick up my new car by the end of this week, or the beginning of next week, depending on flighty schedules and prices. I plan on a leisurely trip from Iowa, where the car was taken in on a trade, to my home in Tucson, Arizona.
I am a retired aircraft mechanic, and I worked on mostly Learjets for 35 years, and another 8 or 9 on such beasts as Boeing 757's and Boeing 737's.
I have a good assortment of excellent tools, and complicated vehicles don't scare me.
I also have some antique cars, and a Jaguar XK-8 that was my introduction to cars that are wonderful to drive, but miserable to maintain. It appears to me that the Crossfire is much better engineered and will be a better automobile for long trips
But I guess we'll see about that, huh?

Old 04-06-2022, 09:28 PM
Received 134 Likes on 111 Posts
Default Re: New member William May

Good luck with your car and the trip, remember these cars don't have a spare so a tubeless tire repair kit is a must and make sure the air pump in the trunk works and Welcome !

The following users liked this post:
BrushRoadster! (04-06-2022)
Old 04-07-2022, 01:05 AM
JSK
Received 104 Likes on 86 Posts

Welcome from Mesa.

BrushRoadster! (04-07-2022)
Old 04-07-2022, 06:03 AM
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Welcome from Indiana ... enjoy your trip and Crossfire ... you will find a lot of good people and good advice here

Old 04-08-2022, 01:56 PM
Received 535 Likes on 425 Posts

Welcome to our Forum & good luck with purchase of 2004 Coupe.

BrushRoadster! (04-08-2022)
Old 04-08-2022, 03:02 PM

Thank you! I am waiting for them to call me to place my $500 sales deposit. I am supposed to fly there Monday and pick up the car.

Old 04-08-2022, 03:42 PM
Administrator / Senior Member
Received 480 Likes on 333 Posts

Originally Posted by BrushRoadster!
Thank you! I am waiting for them to call me to place my $500 sales deposit. I am supposed to fly there Monday and pick up the car.
Hello and welcome
Best of luck with your travels and your purchase
I owned my first Crossfire back in 2007 and it was a 2004 Coupe.
I sold it with 111,000 miles 4 years ago and bought the 6 Speed Roadster seen below
I've enjoyed all my years with both these cars !!!

Take a look here for gatherings of us at Crossfire events

Crossfire Events and Meets

Old 04-09-2022, 07:15 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey, William,
Welcome to the group & to Crossfire ownership!
I’m also new to both - got my ‘05 Roadster in OK in late Feb., drove it on small, winding country backroads to CO and then home to east coast FL. Bought a ton of likely spares and tools to be prepared for trouble but needed none and had a Fantastic trip!! These cars are FUN!!
Have a Great trip and rest assured that these forum folks are really knowledgeable and helpful! YouTube has lots of good info, too.
John

BrushRoadster! (04-28-2022)
Old 04-28-2022, 02:11 AM

Well, my trip to pickup the car went splendidly. After reading all the forum posts about the trouble spots, I was worried that I would wind up stranded somewhere along the way. (Gun-shy from my Jaguar XK-8, where the prudent owner makes sure he carries a current bus schedule, so he can plan on how he REALLY will get home that night.) (Women who date Jaguar owners ALSO have this habit as well). I had no time to order and get parts before I left on the trip, so I did not bother to pack any tools. I relied on the low mileage of the car to be a buffer against any breakdowns.
The car was nothing less than magnificent! Every single feature and option on the car worked perfectly.
Except the CD player, which would shut off by itself for about 30 minutes after each 4 or so hours of listening to music. This was actually a serious concern, as I rely on music to keep me from falling asleep while driving long distances. After selecting it "OFF", and waiting for 20 or 30 minutes, it would then come back on when asked, and play music again. It continued this behavior during the entire trip home.
The car is an absolute JOY to drive. It matches the happiness I always got when I drove my Jaguar, which is something I was waiting to see if it could fulfill. It was like a brand-new car in every respect. I was VERY happy to discover this. I really LOVE this car! Before I left to pick up the car, I had ordered the CPS, the CPS, a new relay box, the oil filter cap wrench, the special sockets for changing the various sensors, oil, filters, a cup holder that mounts on the vacant passenger seat, new spark plugs and the special socket, the brake light flashing module, and the capacitors for the stereo speaker improvement.
Although the car only had 28K miles on it, I already had decided that I was going to do all the filters, all the fluids, and the sparkplug replacement, since everything has been in the car for about 18 years. This was confirmed tonight when I changed the engine air filters. They had a date stamp on them from March-04, so had obviously never been changed. I do not have the new spark plugs yet, but they should be here this next week.
The stereo is going to be replaced with a CD player from Crutchfield, along with the installation of a Sirius XM radio antenna and dock. I plan on traveling extensively this summer, and I want a nice stereo.
I brought the car home with a white paper sticker on it that said "In-Transit" as my only license display, (Although I had all the paperwork and insurance binders in place and with me in the car before I left the dealership) I saw that, and expected I would be stopped at least several times on the trip, but did not get stopped even a single time. I was very surprised, as there were police and highway patrol cars behind me many times, but there was never any response from them.
The car has attracted a LOT of attention, which I did not expect. Everyone asks what kind of car it is.
It is really an awesome automobile in every respect.

nemiro (04-28-2022)
Old 04-28-2022, 10:55 AM
Forum Regular
Received 196 Likes on 139 Posts

The fun has just begun !!!!

Hats off to your persistence........it will pay you back in spades.

Old 04-28-2022, 11:25 AM
Received 344 Likes on 304 Posts

Welcome, enjoy the ride.