New Member Introductions Welcome new members !! This is the place to post a new thread and introduce yourself and tell us a little about yourself and what model Crossfire you just bought or are looking to buy. Threads created for anything other than introductions are subject to be moved to the appropriate section in the forum for the topic being posted.

New Member from East Texas, 2005 SRT

Old 10-30-2023, 11:42 AM
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts
Default New Member from East Texas, 2005 SRT

Greetings, CrossfireForum Community,

I'm Isaac, from the Tyler/East Texas area. I recently became the proud owner of a 2005 Silver Crossfire SRT6 Coupe with 82k miles. I'm thrilled to join this knowledgeable community and look forward to contributing where I can.

Flew to Florida to Pick it up, then drove it back to Texas. The horrible roads in Louisiana popped both headlight low beams on the way back haha.

My Journey So Far

In the short span of a month, I've initiated another thread detailing my efforts in resolving various issues and upgrades, including electrical problems, dash and trim refurbishments, and performance enhancements. I went with Needswings for performance parts as he was highly regarded here, and Rob has been great to deal with. I also started on speaker replacements, amp installations, and rust mitigation measures.

Previous Ownership & Tuning

It appears the previous owner had installed an upper pulley—origin possibly Polish or Lithuanian—and a EuroCharged tune. I'm contemplating engaging Rob for an Engine Tune and MSS for a TCM Tune in the near future after the performance parts are installed.

Performance Parts & Upgrades

I've dropped approximately $3,500 in performance parts from Needswings, I don't expect to get any of it back, but since this is a car I always wanted in High School, it's a fun project.
  • Pulley Saver Kit w/ HD Belt
  • DCAI
  • Intake Manifolds with Crossover
  • Tweaked Ypipe
  • Oil Catch Can
  • Super Cooler + ChillCharger
  • Supercharger Isolator Kit
  • Miscellaneous Hoses & Caps/Trim
I'm still on the fence about the Oversized TB; the additional $900 investment is under consideration.

Audio & Interior Upgrades

• Joying Double DIN Android Radio
  • JL Audio RD400/4 Amplifier
  • DRB3 MicroPod2 VM with TPMS Reset

Cosmetic & Functional Replacements

• Replaced upper and lower driver trim
  • Replaced Driver Air Vent & Headlight control switch
  • Replaced A/C Climate Control Unit
  • Replaced Hi/Low/Fogs with LEDs
  • Replaced Tweeters & rear 6.5" Subs
  • Replaced Cupholder with storage which was functioning and stupidly threw it away.
  • Replaced Flooded Battery with AGM
  • Windshield Trim pieces
  • Seatbelt Trim Pieces
  • Replaced Cracked License plate light covers with LEDs
  • Refurbished headlights with sandpaper and sealant.
  • Will likely be doing the methanol trick on the passenger light.

Rust Mitigation

I've tackled rust issues in the trunk pan and passenger floor pan, and I'm planning to replace a moisture-affected locking module soon.

I'm eager to share my experiences, learn from yours, and engage in meaningful discussions. If you have any insights or recommendations—especially concerning the Oversized TB—I'd greatly appreciate your input.

Best regards, Isaac

The following 4 users liked this post by Isaacmaple08:
dedwards0323 (10-30-2023), gblack32 (10-30-2023), M60A3Driver (10-30-2023), Valk (10-30-2023)
Old 10-30-2023, 12:36 PM
Forum Regular
Received 312 Likes on 226 Posts
Default Re: New Member from East Texas, 2005 SRT

Good luck on your journey. The return you will get from your efforts will be the memories that you will have when you take the young lady standing next to it for fun trips in your car. Those investments you can't replace for any amount of money.

The following users liked this post:
Isaacmaple08 (10-30-2023)
Old 10-30-2023, 02:19 PM
Received 99 Likes on 85 Posts

Isaacmaple08
Welcome to the Crossfire Forum with your SRT6 Coupe. The link below contains the VIN# database for the SRT6 models manufactured at the Karmann factory in Germany. Chrysler refused to provide a copy of the complete VIN# database, so we began a collection of the VIN#'s in 2006 and seventeen years later, we've found 70% of those manufactured and delivered around the world.
Please respond to the link below with your VIN#, regardless even though it may already exist in the database. I can add your forum name to the specific line in the database.
Enjoy your ride....
Dennis
DTMenace

SRT6 Serial Numbers ~ PDF format file...continued - CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource

Old 10-30-2023, 02:39 PM
Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by DTMenace
Isaacmaple08
Welcome to the Crossfire Forum with your SRT6 Coupe. The link below contains the VIN# database for the SRT6 models manufactured at the Karmann factory in Germany. Chrysler refused to provide a copy of the complete VIN# database, so we began a collection of the VIN#'s in 2006 and seventeen years later, we've found 70% of those manufactured and delivered around the world.
Please respond to the link below with your VIN#, regardless even though it may already exist in the database. I can add your forum name to the specific line in the database.
Enjoy your ride....
Dennis
DTMenace

SRT6 Serial Numbers ~ PDF format file...continued - CrossfireForum - The Chrysler Crossfire and SRT6 Resource
Thanks I added mine, but appears that it is still in the Database - 5X058107

Originally Posted by M60A3Driver
Good luck on your journey. The return you will get from your efforts will be the memories that you will have when you take the young lady standing next to it for fun trips in your car. Those investments you can't replace for any amount of money.
You're right, and for me the project is fun, I'll just be twiddling my thumbs once I get everything fixed trying to find something new to fix/upgrade soon I'm sure. My wife will be happy though. no more buying things on Amazon and Ebay

Haha, she loves fast cars. Says this is her car since it's her size. Got a video of us on my phone somewhere in the car driving with her in the car seat saying 'Dad, let's go FASTTTTT!'

M60A3Driver (10-30-2023)
Old 10-30-2023, 03:11 PM
Received 99 Likes on 85 Posts

Isaacmaple08
Your VIN# was found on a prior search at a sales website on the internet, but never IDed by a prior owner(s) in the past, until you offered the information. When you review the database, you'll notice that over 50% of the listings do not have a corresponding forum member's name. The next update will appear in mid-November with your information included on the specific line.
Now you have a great car to go along with a gorgeous little girl!
Regards,
Dennis
DTMenace

Old 10-30-2023, 06:40 PM
Received 535 Likes on 425 Posts

Congrats on your purchase of the Crossfire SRT-6 and welcome to our Forum. I'm partial to coupes.

And that cutie standing next to it is a show stopper! Congrats on her, too!

Last edited by dedwards0323; 10-30-2023 at 06:45 PM.