Northeast Forum Serving DE, MD, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, WV.

Fredericksburg VA Area?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 03:59 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Fredericksburg VA Area?

Hey Airscape - Thaks for coming to the BRP GTG on Saturday. Isn't it interesting that the only 2 cars to show were both from Fredericksburg!?!

Old 07-29-2008, 07:29 PM
Forum Regular

Hey guys

sorry I missed it, it was only minutes away from Harrisonburg, but had to see my brother - we might get together maybe twice a year and sometimes it's once in 2 years. Seems that whenever there is a GTG I'm working or I'm working or my wife has commited us to something. Sorry

Old 07-30-2008, 04:09 AM

Lets see:

Brother <==> Crossfire Cruise

I know where my priorities lay. If you ever meet my brother you would know why I say this. Thank heavens he lives in Mass.

You knew you were going to get this from us Right?

No biggie, Airscape and I (and wife) had a great time!

Old 07-30-2008, 01:32 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drive was very fun. Highlight was the 3rd run down the "caution sudden turn" section, went from 30-35 following van down, then 50-60 uphill then 60+ downhill on the last one. I tried to find it on a map but I don't know where it was for sure. I know it was a looooooonnnnng left hander and then the sharp right. Think it was in this section some place

....regardless it was a good time. Got to do another run sometime soon, def have a lot more confidence in the cars abilities.

Old 07-30-2008, 06:52 PM

Basically Mile posts 30-40 It gets better/worse (depending on if you are the driver or the passenger - LOL) Between mile posts 70-90 from memory. I have never driven on any of it, I am just remembering what the map looks like. Sout of where we got off is currently under construction, and I suspect they are paving so that is why I was avoiding that area.

I especially liked driving some of it slow (stuck behind the aforementioned van, and then picking it up a bit each time through. I was a little supprised when the back end got loose on that one turn, but I was pushing it. I had it loose one other time, but that was on some loose gravel.

The whole thing was lots of fun, we took it easy on the ride back, tried to see some of the scenery - LOL.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:51 AM

Spotted: A white (alapaster coupe on the Falmouth Bridge Yesterday evening, a different one from the guy I met at the train station. I saw him again, but did not get a chanse to talk to him.

To recap; Seen In Fred-town:

White alabaster coupe - At VRE parking lot(seen twice, talked to once)
White alabaster coupe - Falmouth Bridge
Silver(Gray) Roadster - At VRE Station
Silver(Gray) Coupe - On Rt 1 in Staffor and Princess Anne.
Red Coupe - For Sale in "John Auto Sales" Just north of Fred.
Yellow Roadster - At Britt For Service
Silver(Gray) Roadster - I-95 South
Saphire Blue Coupe - RT1 north of Fred (seen it twice now, maybe 3 times)

And none of these folks are on this forum?!?

Last edited by Scottw60; 08-05-2008 at 05:36 PM.
Old 07-31-2008, 02:18 PM
Forum Regular

nope. I also ran into a black roadster at the new Best Buy but never got a chance to meet the driver.

Old 08-01-2008, 08:37 AM

That would have been a cool Pic Yours next to a black roadster!

Old 08-10-2008, 06:40 PM

There was a Classic Car show in the lot in front of Roses dept. Store on Saturday. I stopped in for a while, and took a look around. There were mostly fords and Chevys there. A couple of nice Duce Coupe, an MCTC (56 I Think) and a 71 Charger for us Morar fans. There were some late model Vets there too, probably 100 cars of so. If I had known about it ahead of time, I would have said something - Oh Well!

Last edited by Scottw60; 08-17-2008 at 06:04 PM.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:08 PM

Updated Sightings:

Didn't take the car out this weekend except to take to the dealer (loosing air is both rear tires!), but on the way there I saw an Aero blue coupe sitting in NB traffic I got a look and a wave from the girl driving.

At the dealer there was a red coup in the service area and a red roadster that they are preping for resail. They were closed so I didn't get any details on it. The car looks great though.

Old 08-19-2008, 10:58 AM
Forum Regular
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Didn't see this thread until today. I live in Northern VA but I go to school in Fredericksburg. I have seen a black limited and charcoal SRT6 in Freddy in my two years since beginning school. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. I have a limited SSB. I'll be moving back in tomorrow!

Old 08-19-2008, 02:39 PM

Moving in? I guess the reverse commute sux too, and then get to live with parents - LOL

Old 08-19-2008, 03:22 PM
Forum Regular

I have lived on campus previously but this year I will be in a house with a few of my buddies. Living at home with the rents in the summer has its pluses.

Old 08-19-2008, 03:55 PM
Forum Regular

Seen the blue coup about a week ago, was a older woman with blond hair driving. Also saw the black SRT6 (roadster) today but the guy is either oblivious to whats on the other side of the road or hes to cool to acknowledge the lowly limited coupe... I have passed him 3 times going opposite directions and not even a glance never mind the wave...I might have to give up on em.

Last edited by Airscape; 08-19-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by Airscape
Seen the blue coup about a week ago, was a older woman with blond hair driving. Also saw the black SRT6 (roadster) today but the guy is either oblivious to whats on the other side of the road or hes to cool to acknowledge the lowly limited coupe... I have passed him 3 times going opposite directions and not even a glance never mind the wave...I might have to give up on em.
Only seen one other SRT since I know what the differance is now, and that is in Quantico. It's a Saphire Coup, and it parks near a limited black roadster that has a broken wing (always deployed) both near the MP office in Quantico. I haven't met either of the rivers, but I have seen both moving. Both I beleive to be Marines (Not Civilians,Contractors, or visitors) as the both have out of state tags.

Old 08-19-2008, 05:58 PM

I guess the 3 of us need to get together and have some coffee, or Chili, or something. I am pretty booked until Oct for any kind of a cruise, and I'm not going to be able to go down to the Draggon this year. But maybe a little Fred GTG one afternoon might be nice =)

Old 08-19-2008, 08:16 PM
Forum Regular

That sounds like an idea. Whats a good road to open up and drive on around the area? I have driven out towards Bowling green on Route 2. Its a good drive but you have to get there early enough so that there are no cars.

Last edited by beasticles; 08-19-2008 at 08:58 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 08:59 AM

No real placed to "open it up" but there are some fair driving roads.

Brooke rd from the Brooke VRE station to Deacon Rd, short but worth the trip
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...,0.110893&z=13

River Rd. to Spotsy Furnace Rd. to Eleys Ford Rd. to Lignum. About 22 miles, mostly 45MPH but lots of turns. Not like the Blue Ridge PKWY though =)
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...,0.443573&z=11

There is also Mt. View Rd. Was beter before the construction for the airport. I used to have a client up there, and looked foward to site visits =)
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=e...6&ie=UTF8&z=12

All will require that you avoid the traffic, or egg timers as my wife calls them (a reference to Christmas Vacation).

Last edited by Scottw60; 08-20-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Old 08-24-2008, 07:49 PM

Hi everyone. I just joined the site. I convinced my soon to be wife to buy a 07 black roadster limited and we have enjoyed the hell out of it. Some of you probably saw it sitting out front of Britt for a while and we picked it up in march. I see crossfires everywhere since we bought it. we use it for our run around car when we don't need to haul anything. right now its really easy to knowtice since the driver side mirror has been replaced with silver duct tape due to a drive way incident. we plan to do some track days with it so she can enjoy it at its limits and not get in trouble.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by MA2LA
Hi everyone. I just joined the site. I convinced my soon to be wife to buy a 07 black roadster limited and we have enjoyed the hell out of it. Some of you probably saw it sitting out front of Britt for a while and we picked it up in march. I see crossfires everywhere since we bought it. we use it for our run around car when we don't need to haul anything. right now its really easy to knowtice since the driver side mirror has been replaced with silver duct tape due to a drive way incident. we plan to do some track days with it so she can enjoy it at its limits and not get in trouble.
Seen lots of cars (see list above) but the only Black Roadster I've seen is at Quantico, and I see it almost every day, no broken mirror, so I assume it's not yours.

You up to a get together? I think we have 4 in Fredtown that are on the forum.

BTW - I have instructed the techs and sales staff at Britt to encourage people to join this forum.

Quick Reply: Fredericksburg VA Area?