Northeast Forum Serving DE, MD, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, WV.

Crossfires of Maryland (COM)

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)

Needswings will send us a banner to dress up the area, and Rockauto is sending us magnets, flyers and a gift certificate........we can use that as a door prize, or to give to the COM board member's pick.........something. Summit Racing will send us items once i send them our flyer.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:02 PM

LOL - hey guys, flip a coin! Just let me know what the final jury says...all three dates are good for me right now so doesn't matter

I agree with Paul - it probably should be rain or shine but since I am kinda new at this I'll follow whatever you guys think.

On another note I am thinking about joining you guys at Mason Dixon - if I register, do you have a preference on which class I sign up in? I see you are trying to spread everyone around...and my car is nothing special - just a good old stock Crossfire Coupe LTD (maybe I'll splurge on new tires and shocks by then! ooh boy - live'n large

Old 03-09-2012, 12:14 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chisler29
hahahaha figures. I'm good with any day. Ive got nothing planned in august, so I can work my future plans around our car show. We need to find out when the Rescue can attend, and go from there.
OK I will speak with the rescue today and come back with 2 dates that they can make. Stay Tooned.

Old 03-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by stelmos
On another note I am thinking about joining you guys at Mason Dixon - if I register, do you have a preference on which class I sign up in? I see you are trying to spread everyone around...and my car is nothing special - just a good old stock Crossfire Coupe LTD (maybe I'll splurge on new tires and shocks by then! ooh boy - live'n large
Looks like we are spred out pretty good, so you can pick any of the classes you want. I didnt want all of us in one class against each other. you can pre-register in any of the classes you want that are close to you....there is also a domestic 94-up.........we kinda fit in there too hahahaha. Last year they asked if i wanted to change classes since the car could fit in several. My plan is to make them say "And another crossfire from Crossfires of Maryland gets an award" hahahaha

Old 03-09-2012, 02:26 PM

OK - count me in. I am registering under Imported/Rebadged too...what the heck. We'll see how this goes

Old 03-09-2012, 04:05 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by PNA
Great. We have 4 of us already confirmed. Others need to clear the 25th and hop on the wagon. Please let us know ASAP. Shapping up to be a great launch for us.

So far it's:

- PNA - (Paul)
- SRT-XFire - (Dave)
- Ichon - (Chas)
-Chisler - (Jason)
- Senna - (David K.)
-
-
-
-
Adding to the list

Old 03-09-2012, 06:17 PM
Forum Regular

I am in! Just registered in the convertible class!

Old 03-09-2012, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by jediracer
I am in! Just registered in the convertible class!
Can someone post the registration link that allows you to pay online? I cant seem to find the right one (I found the one will the "fill in" form but I want to pay online).

Old 03-09-2012, 07:35 PM

Any weekend in August is good with me but I need to "lock" in the day as soon as possible. Heuury up and found out Dave B.!!!!!! LOL

Old 03-09-2012, 07:48 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ichon
Can someone post the registration link that allows you to pay online? I cant seem to find the right one (I found the one will the "fill in" form but I want to pay online).
there is a online form?? i just filled out the form, cut a check and sent it in.

Old 03-09-2012, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by chisler29
there is a online form?? i just filled out the form, cut a check and sent it in.

thanks, that answered my question

Old 03-10-2012, 08:15 AM
Forum Regular

OK the Sheltie Rescue has picked August 11th, which was our original date. PNA (Paul) can you please confirm with winery we can have that date, I also agree it should be rain or shine.

Old 03-10-2012, 01:36 PM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by srt6-xfire
OK the Sheltie Rescue has picked August 11th, which was our original date. PNA (Paul) can you please confirm with winery we can have that date, I also agree it should be rain or shine.
Great. I sent my neighbor our confirmation for August 11th. We should be good to go. Let's get our flyer finalized (let's see any additions since the last round) and we can begin our launch for marketing. We have a little 5 months to spread the word, get advance registration going and refine our plans for the event.

I'm going to go meet with the event coordinator in the next month or so and I'll get back to people with any additional info.

Thanks! Paul

NOTE: Let's get everyone reconfirmed as well. I haven't seen about 6 of our club members respond since we found out about having it at the winery.

Old 03-10-2012, 03:54 PM
Forum Regular

The winery works for me! April likes the idea too. Too bad it's not a distillery! We could really do some tasting!!

Old 03-10-2012, 06:47 PM

The Winery, August 11, 2012. DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-10-2012, 08:39 PM
Forum Regular

Just remember we need to setup non-profit COM, get P.O. Box and setup bank account first, before any flyers go out.
Dave

Old 03-11-2012, 12:19 PM

Hi guys,
I'll update the flier tomorrow since it is on my work computer. I still need the person and address the checks get mailed to.
I also noticed a couple other show fliers I've looked at have disclaimers on them - is that something we should have on our flier? Like "COM is not responsible for...." or COM and Linganore Wine cellars is not responsible for...."

I'm going to use rain or shine unless you tell me otherwise....

Have a great day everyone - looks like a nice one out there!
David

Old 03-11-2012, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by stelmos
Hi guys,
I'll update the flier tomorrow since it is on my work computer. I still need the person and address the checks get mailed to.
I also noticed a couple other show fliers I've looked at have disclaimers on them - is that something we should have on our flier? Like "COM is not responsible for...." or COM and Linganore Wine cellars is not responsible for...."

I'm going to use rain or shine unless you tell me otherwise....

Have a great day everyone - looks like a nice one out there!
David
Dave, I'm sure the winery has there own "indemnity" statement posted throughout the grounds. I would suggest: "COM is not responsible for any damage or loss to your vehicle during this event." or not posting any statement at all. Most car show attendees have their vehicle insured and try to make sure no one "horses around" there vehicle anyway. Check with Dave B about the bank account/address issue. I suggest, until we finalize details regarding our non-profit status, that all payments be sent to and made out to Dave B because he's the treasurer and will eventually make all the deposits for the club.

Old 03-11-2012, 02:50 PM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in Ohio and can't make the show, but my heart is in Maryland. I'd like to buy (or donate for) a poster if possible. Thanks.

Old 03-11-2012, 05:06 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's our revised version of Davids flyer:

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...w_print_03.jpg

My lady and I have been working on the graphics and picture quality so that when you print it it will be picture perfect ( real hard to do with images from the web )

I will be adding "Rain or Shine" to it (once I find a suitable location for the text)
And once I get a mailing address for the donations I'll add that as well.
Also, my lady and I are working on putting the flyer up on our website so that those who google car shows in maryland will be able to find/print/mail there own ( www.automotivephotography.net/com )

I did have a couple questions...

Are the all sponsor's on Davids flyer actually all sponsor's? I don't recall anyone mentioning Chrysler/SRT6 being sponsor's...

Also, there are three links/address for more in formation... I was wondering if it made sense to put all these links on too automotivephotography.net as to have less confusion as to whom to actually contact?

And personally I feel a disclaimer would be necessary... but it's up to everyone else.

Feedback?

Last edited by 04Fire; 03-11-2012 at 05:09 PM.

Quick Reply: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)