Northeast Forum Serving DE, MD, NJ, NY, OH, PA, VA, WV.

Crossfires of Maryland (COM)

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 10:43 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)

Originally Posted by PNA
I put it down on my calendar. What time?????

For the Agenda

- Next Steps in Planning for the COM Car Show (Including official assignments)
- Finalize 2013 Calendar of events (offical COM participation as well as other FYI's of interest)
- Treasurers Report Out (overview of COM finacials and how we plan to budget / use our funds)

I may have a few other thougts but I'll send them along later. Thanks.
I was thinking the exact same thing, its like we are starting to know how to run an effective club or something hahahah. I'll post anything else i can think of.

Old 01-22-2013, 12:03 PM
Forum Regular

The DC Modern Mopar group is blocking out hotel rooms for Moparpalooza. Not sure if anyone is interested in this. Its a one day event, and really only about an hour and a half drive for most of us. just let me know if anyone is interested i can get you room information.

Old 01-23-2013, 10:31 AM
Forum Regular

DC Modern Mopar meet and greet.
Sunday, January 27, 2013
10:00am until 12:00pm

Backyard Grill
13999 Metrotech Dr, Chantilly, Virginia 20151

We will be meeting at the I-95South (mile marker37) rest stop prior to this. we will leave the rest stop at 9am. If you just want to drive to Virginia and meet us there thats fine too. Just let me know who to expect.

Last edited by chisler29; 01-23-2013 at 10:34 AM.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:53 AM
Forum Regular

I contacted Maryland Performance Center.

Maryland Performance Specialities Your Local Speed shop on the Web
9718 Pulaski Hwy, Balto., MD 21220

they mostly deal with the older cars, but they said they might be able to get us some of the aftermarket performance parts. they wouldnt be against a shop tour sometime. also they said that they have weekly cruise nights on wednesdays and two cars shows, April and October.

mostly just wanted to reach out to as many local shops as i can. so we have JPC, Tate, and these guys.

Last edited by chisler29; 01-24-2013 at 11:14 AM.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:13 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chisler29
DC Modern Mopar meet and greet.
Sunday, January 27, 2013
10:00am until 12:00pm

Backyard Grill
13999 Metrotech Dr, Chantilly, Virginia 20151

We will be meeting at the I-95South (mile marker37) rest stop prior to this. we will leave the rest stop at 9am. If you just want to drive to Virginia and meet us there thats fine too. Just let me know who to expect.
no change to this. the weather will be ok sunday morning, cold but clear. Looks like it will be sunny and above freezing on saturday, at least you can get the salt washed off whatever you drove this week.

Old 01-28-2013, 11:21 AM
Forum Regular

Met some of the DC modern mopar crew, awesome people. looking forward to Moparpalooza. We need to have our flyers finished by the first of march so i can start contacting the nationwide vendors. Also dues need to be in this week. Dave wants to go to the bank as few times as possible so lets get all dues in so he can go to the bank this weekend. who still needs to send in the dues?

I need to send mine in. Sorry, got busy, it will go out in the mail tomorrow.

2013 Motor Trend International Auto Show – Baltimore - General Info

Saturday 2.9.13 10am that will be when i'll be at the auto show.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:27 AM
Forum Regular

this was sent to the club's email, and interest?

Dave i think this is like 10-15 minutes from you. If you want to go to this i'll go as well. you are always driving down here for shows, so i can drive up there for something.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
ClubsBreakfast2013PDF[1].pdf (559.6 KB, 76 views)
Old 01-29-2013, 10:08 PM

Hey guys, just catching up on some reading here. I,m looking around and seeing some nice Crossfires out there...I hope one of them will be mine in the next couple months.
So dues...did you decide on the amount, and we are to send to Dave in Street, Md right?
The show flier- is Jason and gal working on this already or would you like me to work up some ideas and get them out to you. I have no problems doing this and would like to help.

Lastly a question. Did the Crossfire ever have a rear camera option that I am not aware of. One car I saw on eBay definitely has camera buttons in the rear bumper...just wondering if these were a factory or dealer installed option, or maybe they were aftermarket?

Old 01-30-2013, 12:49 AM
Forum Regular

Hey David, nice to see that you are still around.

dues, yes send to Dave in Street, MD. $5/year for CICCI member. $10/year for just COM membership.

Flyer, have not heard from Jason and Kristin, so if you want the flyer, its yours, and it would be really really cool of you to do it. no big changes needed. change the photo if you want, leave the sponsor section blank for now, we will add them as they sign on. change the date to aug,10, no classes. awards to top 20, participant pick. $10 preregister, $15 day of show. we need them to fill out name, address, car, email, club. you cant send it to me at chisler32@yahoo.com when you get it close, please. i have been talking to bigger sponsoers for this year, so as soon as we get the flyer i can send it to them.

backup camera.........not sure, aftermarket i guess. i dont know of any crossfire with a mini-monitor installed from the dealer/factory.

Old 01-30-2013, 07:14 AM
PNA
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stelmos
Hey guys, just catching up on some reading here. I,m looking around and seeing some nice Crossfires out there...I hope one of them will be mine in the next couple months.
So dues...did you decide on the amount, and we are to send to Dave in Street, Md right?
The show flier- is Jason and gal working on this already or would you like me to work up some ideas and get them out to you. I have no problems doing this and would like to help.

Lastly a question. Did the Crossfire ever have a rear camera option that I am not aware of. One car I saw on eBay definitely has camera buttons in the rear bumper...just wondering if these were a factory or dealer installed option, or maybe they were aftermarket?
Hi David.

Jason answered your questions but I thought I'd add to the camera response. Do a search on the forum. I know some members, I believe most of them I've seen have been from across the pond, have done an aftermarket camera install. You may gather some info through the search. Also, there are some aftermarket I've seen that show the visual through the rear view mirror. Pretty cool but not sure how much better that given it's likely a small picture. Other option is flip out screen with backup visual. Lot's of options but not sure which is best. Good luck.

Also, good luck with you search for another XFire. Let us know if you need any input.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:25 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by stelmos
Those aren't 'camera' buttons, that is the optional 'backup warning' feature that very few people opted for. It just beeps when you get within about 3 feet of something.
Quite common on high end cars these days.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:06 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chisler29
this was sent to the club's email, and interest?

Dave i think this is like 10-15 minutes from you. If you want to go to this i'll go as well. you are always driving down here for shows, so i can drive up there for something.
Actually mapquest is saying 19 minutes, I can suck it up and go LOL.
Who else wants to go and I'll call and let them know how many we have coming?

Old 01-30-2013, 11:00 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by srt6-xfire
Actually mapquest is saying 19 minutes, I can suck it up and go LOL.
Who else wants to go and I'll call and let them know how many we have coming?
cool, well im in if you are going. when you call, find out if its an actual car show/cruise, or just sitting around talking please. not going to be worth the drive if its just going to be a bunch of daily drivers there.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:22 PM

Thanks for the info on the 'buttons' on the rear bumper...it makes sense they would be sensors, I just skipped that in the thinking process and assumed camera. And thanks for sharing the link to all that other reair and info stuff!

Old 02-02-2013, 05:03 PM

Dave. I am sending in dues this week. Sorry. Got distracted. I will send you the $10 for COM. I want to stay involved until I get a new xfire

Old 02-02-2013, 07:33 PM
Forum Regular

Guys and Gals,

We should seriously look into creating a Paypal account. It makes it a lot easier for collecting dues, carshow entries and also most companies accept Paypal. This would make it easier for our Treasurer in that he could do everything on line. Is this someting we want to pursue? Hint............CICCI accepts paypal for their membership! Just sayin!

Old 02-03-2013, 02:38 PM

I agree....would be so much easier for everyone including Dave,

Old 02-03-2013, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by jediracer
Guys and Gals,

We should seriously look into creating a Paypal account. It makes it a lot easier for collecting dues, carshow entries and also most companies accept Paypal. This would make it easier for our Treasurer in that he could do everything on line. Is this someting we want to pursue? Hint............CICCI accepts paypal for their membership! Just sayin!

I agree as well.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:00 AM
Forum Regular

The paypal item will be discussed at the meeting.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:32 PM
Forum Regular

2013 show flyer.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Show Flier 2013.pdf (526.2 KB, 29 views)

Quick Reply: Crossfires of Maryland (COM)