Other Cars The Crossfire isn't the only car out there. Discuss all the others in here.

Electric Wiring problem?

Old 02-12-2007, 08:29 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Electric Wiring problem?

Here's one for you. For some reason I get an e-mail today at work from something called myCARSTATS.com telling me there is a new consumer complaint being registered on the Crossfire. So I bring up the site, hit the prompt and I see that back in September someone notified these folks about a short in a wiring harness in the dashboard, passenger side that could lead to a fire. He apparently attached a video with sound that for some reason I can't access. here's the issue. About a year ago I posted that I heard a noise that sounded a lot like a circuit opening and closing every so often. No real answers, some folks here did hear the same thing so two pronged question here, anybody have the same issue? Its when you start the car, its definitely on the passenger side and it lasts all of about 15-20 seconds, it almost sounds like morse code and its not all the time. If so is there a fix?
There was no TSB listed in the e-mail , only said the guy had turned it over to Alabama's attorney generals office because the dealer blew him off. Firebase was listed in the web address, don't know if its Firebase that posts here?

Pat

Old 02-13-2007, 02:54 AM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Re: Electric Wiring problem?

Pat, if it was from Alabama, and it listed Firebase, then I'm sure it was "our" very own Firebase. (Could there ever be another?)
If I remember correctly, he was having some sort of electrical problems that the dealer was turning a blind eye to, and Firebase never was one to take things lying down.
Firing off a video complaint to his states attorney generals office sounds just like his modus operandi, for being ignored by his dealer.
Good for him.

Old 02-13-2007, 06:53 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes I am pretty sure it was Firebase and although I haven't found it yet. I am almost sure he posted the video on the forum this past fall. I believe it documented the noise pretty well.

Old 02-13-2007, 07:08 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The Video was in FirebaseD thread "Crossfire's are junk on Wheels" but I could not access it now. I remember viewing it and listening to the noise it made, and I have no doubt in my mind that it ended up on the Attorney Generals desk. He also states in the thread that he has filed a complaint and there is a link to that site.

Last edited by RickZ; 02-13-2007 at 07:11 AM.
Old 02-13-2007, 04:07 PM
Senior Member/Moderator
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks guys, it was definitely Firebase D. I tried to e-mail him but he shut his e-mail down so I did a post to him, this time in the right place. Thanks for the response.

Pat

Old 02-13-2007, 05:59 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

I have a sound similar to what is described every now and then, but it's not from the passenger side... it's from the Stereo head unit (Stereo with NAV in mine). It seems to have a problem seating the CD that's in the unit and so there is a 'chattering' for a bit while it tries over and over.

It's intermittent and if my head unit goes out... fine, it's under warranty anyway (I have extended that covers bumper-to-bumper).