Other Cars The Crossfire isn't the only car out there. Discuss all the others in here.

Chrysler Pacifica 2021

Old 04-12-2022, 04:14 PM
Received 508 Likes on 351 Posts
Default Chrysler Pacifica 2021

We have had, or should I say "Crumpy" has had, a brand new 2021 for a couple of months now.
Currently 3,700 miles on the clock.

My review and her's ,,,,; AWESOME minivan

We have owned a lot of them since they first came into production back in the eighties. All of them Chrysler or Dodge. Nine to be exact.
The Pacifica is top of the line and this one is the high end of that.

Cystal blue outside with a white interior. Black carpet and accents inside.

Ride is very nice and surprisingly the steering is very sporty.
Interior is plush yet utility.
Heated seats and steering wheel.
Rear seats, all four of them, fold into the floor with no effort at all.
It has entertainment screens for the second-row seats which are also heated.
And plug ins for electronics, earphones, and chargers, everywhere.

Side doors open via push buttons or your foot under the rocker panel
Windows in the slide doors ROLL DOWN. Unique to Chrysler minivans.

The 362 cui V/6 is powerfull and responsive. Highway mileage is over 28 MPG at 70-74 MPH.

Cameras make backing up easy and safe. Sensors monitor traffic to the side and behind with warning horns when other cars are approaching in the parking lot.

Headlights auto dim

Wipers come on automatically when it rains or mists outside.

Excellent sound system, with Blue Tooth, completes the environment.

I gotta say I am impressed with the quality and thoughtful design features. I am worried about the electronics. But, the extended warranty goes out 7 years. Hopefully, I am still driving it 7 years from now. I know Crumpy will be.. She loves this car.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 04-12-2022 at 04:16 PM.
Old 04-12-2022, 04:18 PM
Received 202 Likes on 153 Posts
Default Re: Chrysler Pacifica 2021

But it is no crossfire ------------------------------------------------------------------ LOL

and i know what u r saying,, i got my dauther's 2011 T & C about a year ago we like it halls a house full or seats 7 even 2011 gets 26 mpg @ 80 and the best lifetime warrenty bumper to bumper

Last edited by amx1397; 04-12-2022 at 04:22 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Franc Rauscher (04-12-2022)
Old 04-12-2022, 04:48 PM

True. But then I cannot fit two kids and the wife in my Roadster.

That said, it does corner fairly well. We have plans to be going to Fontann this summer and I''ll see how it does on the Dragon.

I'm thinking better than a Harley LOL

Old 04-12-2022, 07:11 PM

I did take mine on hwy 129 (The lower part of 129 in Ga) it is 11 miles with about 80 turns, south of Blairsville ga.(a warm up to the dragon ) this was last year and was surprised it did great,
question do they still have the seats that go into the floor? jim

Franc Rauscher (04-12-2022)
Old 04-12-2022, 07:17 PM
Received 73 Likes on 56 Posts

Yeah... I had the opportunity to buy one of the "Cheap" minivans about 3 years ago brand new and fully loaded for $17.5K! That was the Dodge Grand Caravan.. The last year they were produced I think. My wife gave me crap about it because we already had 3 cars and only one is getting driven at any point in time so why the heck do I need a 4th for! Oh well, today I could sell that thing if I had bought it at the time for almost twice what I would have paid for it new. Go figure.

Old 04-12-2022, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by amx1397
I did take mine on hwy 129 (The lower part of 129 in Ga) it is 11 miles with about 80 turns, south of Blairsville ga.(a warm up to the dragon ) this was last year and was surprised it did great,
question do they still have the seats that go into the floor? jim
Yeah the seats go into the floor. Only minivan with that patented feature.
I always hated removing seats. Heavy, awkward, and where do you put them

Old 04-12-2022, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Deepsea21
Yeah... I had the opportunity to buy one of the "Cheap" minivans about 3 years ago brand new and fully loaded for $17.5K! That was the Dodge Grand Caravan.. The last year they were produced I think. My wife gave me crap about it because we already had 3 cars and only one is getting driven at any point in time so why the heck do I need a 4th for! Oh well, today I could sell that thing if I had bought it at the time for almost twice what I would have paid for it new. Go figure.
Hunny you should mention that. Last time I was at the dealer, they offered more than we paid for the new one.

It stickered at a bit over $49K we bought it with all the end of year discounts for $41,000 with no trade in.

Crumpy's 2002 custom grand Caravan threw a rod last fall. It has the raised roof and a limousine interior. It is sitting at a shop in Springfield MO. New Jasper costs $6K. Car has 120K on the clock but is in perfect shape. Worth about $5K before the engine blew, nothing with the bad power plant,,,,, we gave it to the shop and he will be asking $10K for it. Minimum.
Used car prices are nuts!

Old 04-13-2022, 09:32 AM

my wife is right the opposite , you see i don't drink,,i don't smoke so cars are my thing,, I have had hoods under our bed and rebuild parts on the kitchen table and outside was 32 cars in my drive way, all tagged and when we went somewhere i would say take the green one today just like anyone that has more than one crossfire you go by color ,all ameriam motors AMX's right now we the two of us have the Van, a ford fusion a c320 wagon and a crossfire that i am going to put a v8 in it i saved up the money for the V8 converison before biden started taking my money away so that is done in fact she raced against me at the track with her fusion.

Old 04-13-2022, 10:00 AM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

my wife is right the opposite , you see i don't drink,,i don't smoke so cars are my thing,, I have had hoods under our bed and rebuild parts on the kitchen table and outside was 32 cars in my drive way, all tagged and when we went somewhere i would say take the green one today just like anyone that has more than one crossfire you go by color ,all ameriam motors AMX's right now we the two of us have the Van, a ford fusion a c320 wagon and a crossfire that i am going to put a v8 in it i saved up the money for the V8 converison before biden started taking my money away so that is done in fact she raced against me at the track with her fusion.
From what I have read of your posts since you joined you are not going to bed hungry at night, so the tax jab is just a political comment.
Tax people more evenly and the world will be better for it. You mention Biden, I will refrain from naming his predecessor.
Neither one of them would be caught dead owning a Pacifica, I had to get that name in.

Last edited by onehundred80; 04-13-2022 at 11:37 AM.
Old 04-13-2022, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by onehundred80
From what I have read of your posts since you joined you are not going to bed hungry at night, so the tax jab is just a political comment.
Tax people more evenly and the world will be better for it. You mention Biden, I will refrain from naming his predecessor.
Grandma always said, if one cannot say something good about a person, then best to say nothing at all.

And since this forum is not for politics, we will refrain from mentioning Trudeau.

Old 04-13-2022, 10:40 AM

Crumpy and I still race our crossfires on occasion.

Hers is an SRT so she usually wins.

But not in the twisties.

Old 04-13-2022, 11:06 AM
Received 549 Likes on 461 Posts

Originally Posted by Franc Rauscher
Grandma always said, if one cannot say something good about a person, then best to say nothing at all.

And since this forum is not for politics, we will refrain from mentioning Trudeau.
😀 Good one Franc, the world lacks good leaders these days. Sadly he is the best of a bad selection at present.
Politician’s may start out on the right foot, but are swayed by politicking and end up losing their principals if they ever had any to start.

The Danish TV series Borgen shows this very well, watch it if you can as it shows how politicians lose their principles bit by bit.
Just to keep this post on the same track as the thread, I did not spot one Pacifica in the whole TV series.😉

Last edited by onehundred80; 04-13-2022 at 11:33 AM.
Franc Rauscher (04-13-2022)
Old 04-13-2022, 11:05 PM

I came real close to being an AMX fan. My fiancé back in 1966 was the comely blonde daughter of a man who owned two Rambler/Jeep dealerships. He was keen an me being a salesman but me, not so much. I wasn't comfortable with the idea of being the boss's son-in-law.
Still, I could get my hands on a Marlin or AMX if I wanted.

But then, whilst playing my bass violin in the pit orchestra for a theatric performance of "THE KING AND I," I saw my lovely fiancé in the audience, front row, with her new beau.

Never spoke to her again and sadly, lost interest in that line of automobiles.

Ended up with a fondness for Chrysler products when Crumpy, the wife, talked me into a '65 Plymouth Fury III convertible. Current Fleet is 9 cars and trucks, all Chrysler, except for one BMW. The Bimmer, is my son's girl friend's car. It spends most of it's life, and my money, at the dealership.
The Pacifica, is the first brand new car I've bought in 15 years, The last being my roadster with a stick Crossfire.

Last edited by Franc Rauscher; 04-13-2022 at 11:20 PM.