Other Cars The Crossfire isn't the only car out there. Discuss all the others in here.

Wanna Be A HEMI Star?

Old 10-05-2005, 12:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wanna Be A HEMI Star?

Hi Guys

Want to have a shot at being famous...Click Here:
http://www.dodge.com/hemistar/?pid=F...Automotive&rid=

Let me know what you think!

Kelly S

Old 10-05-2005, 03:30 PM
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Wanna Be A HEMI Star?

That is FANTASTIC!!!

I can hardly wait to see the ones you come up with. ROFL!

Old 10-12-2005, 01:21 PM

Hi,

Just want to give you all a heads up...
The HEMI Talent Search Contest has been extended!

*All Mail Entries must be postmarked no later than October 22, 2005 and received no later than October 29, 2005.*

So, if you are interested, there is still hope yet…submit your talent here: Hemi Star
Let me know if you have any questions.

Kelly S

Old 10-21-2005, 02:54 PM

FYI…
Here’s your final chance.
Be a HEMI Star!!!
(click here)
Send your talent by tomorrow, October 22, 2005.

Good Luck to All

Kelly S

Old 11-05-2005, 04:57 PM

Hi Guys,

Here’s an update on “U Wanna Be A HEMI Star”!

Click here and checkout the HEMI STAR Outtakes….

See the people who have tried out! "lol" Tell me what you think…

Kelly S
Dodge Information Center
1-800-4A-DODGE / 1-800-423-6343
www.dodge.com
dodgeforum@bbdodetroit.com

Old 11-05-2005, 10:35 PM

Kelly, here are some ideas for the next crossfire commercial:

(1) "it popped out of 1st gear again but it ain't covered by the TSB"

(2) "you paid 35K but don't get a cupholder"

(3) I know the car only has 1,500 miles but it has more squeaks than a '74 duster...

Disappointed in Hawaii!

~ Jess

Old 11-14-2005, 01:48 PM

Hi AlohaXfire,

Thank you for your feedback. It is much appreciated, and has been forwarded to the appropriate department. Receiving this type of feedback helps us to create products that our customers will enjoy.

If there is anything else I can do, please post.

Kelly S

Dodge Information Center

www.dodge.com / dodgeforum@bbdodetroit.com

Old 11-14-2005, 03:24 PM

I know that my post seemed cynical (to say the least). Here are my issues in the first three weeks of ownership...

1) Car jumps out of gear intermittently...dealer can not replicate
2) Car has flat spots on the tires from sitting so long at the dealership; the dealer is working with Chrysler to have them replaced because the car is new. The regional guy says that I have to take it up with the tire manufacturer...
3) Burning oil smell. Dealer smells it but has no idea what it is...I am supposed to continue to monitor.
4) Front brake rotor warped...verified by dealer parts on order.
5) Rattle in passenger door. Dealer verified, but cannot locate source...continue to monitor.

These are what I can remember off the top of my head....windward Dodge has the trouble ticket. You should start a post on proposed improvements for this car. I am sure that would be a hit. Things like replacing the non-vented rear disks with vented disks, cupholders for all, etc.

~ Jess

Old 11-15-2005, 01:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AlohaXFire
I know that my post seemed cynical (to say the least). Here are my issues in the first three weeks of ownership...

1) Car jumps out of gear intermittently...dealer can not replicate
2) Car has flat spots on the tires from sitting so long at the dealership; the dealer is working with Chrysler to have them replaced because the car is new. The regional guy says that I have to take it up with the tire manufacturer...
3) Burning oil smell. Dealer smells it but has no idea what it is...I am supposed to continue to monitor.
4) Front brake rotor warped...verified by dealer parts on order.
5) Rattle in passenger door. Dealer verified, but cannot locate source...continue to monitor.

These are what I can remember off the top of my head....windward Dodge has the trouble ticket. You should start a post on proposed improvements for this car. I am sure that would be a hit. Things like replacing the non-vented rear disks with vented disks, cupholders for all, etc.

~ Jess
If the cup holder is such a problem then why did you buy it? It sounds like you have more of a problem with the service dept. than the car, am I wrong? If that’s the case do you have another dealer you can go to? The tires, well that’s with every car you buy. The dealers do not cover parts they don't make. The oil smell, did you buy it new? If you did then that’s normal, you are just breaking in the engine unless it is excusive, IE if you are using more than 1 quart per oil change. How did you warp the rotor that’s what I would be asking them, unless you know why. I can think of three things that will do that; one the brakes are rubbing, two you got a bad rotor, three abuse. Now rattles are some of the hardest things to fix. Mainly because to cause the problem, you have to be driving and you can't work on it while you are doing that. The car jumping out of gear and them on fixing it, well thats not a good sign that you want to deal with this dealer. Now if you have real complaints like the shifter is way to notchy, more than my SRT-4 was, or the radio gets really bad reception because of the antenna, or the rear wing blocks the sensor for the rear view mirror. I think this is the type of things that will help out in the future.

Old 11-15-2005, 01:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry back on topic, I really hope those are not any of the finalist. Some of them I could watch more than 2 seconds, lol.

Old 11-15-2005, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by Black SRT
The tires, well that’s with every car you buy. The dealers do not cover parts they don't make. The oil smell, did you buy it new? If you did then that’s normal, you are just breaking in the engine unless it is excusive, IE if you are using more than 1 quart per oil change. How did you warp the rotor that’s what I would be asking them, unless you know why. I can think of three things that will do that; one the brakes are rubbing, two you got a bad rotor, three abuse. Now rattles are some of the hardest things to fix. Mainly because to cause the problem, you have to be driving and you can't work on it while you are doing that. The car jumping out of gear and them on fixing it, well thats not a good sign that you want to deal with this dealer.

Now if you have real complaints like the shifter is way to notchy, more than my SRT-4 was, or the radio gets really bad reception because of the antenna, or the rear wing blocks the sensor for the rear view mirror. I think this is the type of things that will help out in the future.
As there are two parts to this, I will address each separately. The car is brand new (3 weeks old) with 1,300 miles. The tires are ruined because the dealer let it sit for 10 months before it was sold. This is their neglect on a car with 1,300 miles. I feel that THEY should be dealing with this as it is their issue. I suspect that the caliper is bad and that the pads are not retracting...the transmission PISSES me off because there are several owners in here complaining of the same issue, and Daimler/Chrysler refuses to acknowledge it.

Your second portion is definitely worth while info that Chrysler could...should address.

As for the cupholder, I think it is a ridiculous upgrade. Since when did cupholders become limited or performance options?

~ Jess

Old 11-15-2005, 04:10 PM

Hi Guys,

AlohaXFire, my suggestion as well, is to speak with a second dealership. Have you already spoken with an alternative DCX dealership? The reason why I am suggesting this is all dealerships are independently owned, and is to their discretion with regards to customer service and the way they conduct business relationships. If you are interested, and need assistance, please let me know. I can definitely help.

Black SRT…lol…Thanks for checking out the Hemi Star site.

Kelly S
Dodge Information Center

Old 11-23-2005, 01:13 PM

Okay Guys,
I have asked if you “watched” the Hemi Star outtakes.

Now...I’m wondering, would anyone be interested in ‘voting’ for their favorite contestant?

I’ll keep you posted!

Kelly S

Dodge Information Center

Old 11-29-2005, 12:30 PM

Hello again...

It's time...you can VOTE for your favorite HEMI Star!

If you haven't seen all the contestants yet, click here! lol There are some good ones!

Keep me posted... Have fun...

Kelly S
Dodge Information Center

Old 11-29-2005, 01:16 PM

Kelly,
You have mail.

thanks!

~ Jess

Is it possible for a woman to get this? is this in addition to the two? What happened?

Old 12-12-2005, 12:50 PM

Hey Guys...
I’d like to thank everyone who participated in voting for their favorite HEMI Star.
Much appreciated. J

Stay tuned, they will announce your “new” HEMI Star in January. In the meantime, there are other outtakes you can check out...

Thanks again,

Kelly S.
Dodge Information Center
1-800-4A-DODGE / 1-800-423-6343.
Dodge.com / dodgeforum@bbdodetroit.com