Other Vehicles The place to talk about watercraft, boats, trains, planes and anything with an engine that isn't a car.

You bought What?

Old 02-01-2014, 07:23 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Default You bought What?

NEVER EVER EVER go to a boat show thinking "used boat in a couple months"..

Pick her up after the show and a detail job...
Guess that SRT6 just got pushed back a couple months..

Last edited by Mrmiata; 02-01-2014 at 07:45 PM.
Old 02-01-2014, 07:53 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts
Default Re: You bought What?

Pontoon or Deck boat? Remember, a boat is a hole in the water you pour money into....but, you already knew that.... Have fun...my boating days are long gone.

Old 02-01-2014, 07:54 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Now that's sweeeet!
Wish we had water!

Old 02-01-2014, 08:01 PM

Originally Posted by oledoc2u
Pontoon or Deck boat? Remember, a boat is a hole in the water you pour money into....but, you already knew that.... Have fun...my boating days are long gone.
Tritoon doc.. 115 Merc on back. Oh.. and your never too old to go fishing and cruising around..

Hole in the water is why I bit the bullet on new.. warranty to take care filling that hole up..

Got to thinking about it.. and even just buying one 4-5 years old to save a few bucks.. could cost more in the long run since you have no clue what it's been through.

DJ - you ever find yourself kicking around the Tulsa area.. well this puppy holds 12..

Old 02-01-2014, 08:25 PM
Received 505 Likes on 349 Posts

Pretty boat. I looks like a lot of fun. And you guys in Oklahoma have just the lakes for it.

But there are priorities man.

On the other hand, when that SRT 'vert comes along I won't have to bid against ya.

Just PIZZAGUY.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:31 PM

Been kicking around what lakes "not" to take it too.. LOL.

Oh.. and don't breath too big a sigh of relieve.. will still have credit cards..

Old 02-01-2014, 09:37 PM
Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I spent a lot years on the water, here on our lake, and the lakes of TN.... Just like any hobby, time to for a new one. I sold the MH, the Malibu, the Camaro, The Vette.... and while waiting to buy another Vette, my wife found a XF...and the rest as they say is history. Everyone needs a way to relax, and rocking on the water with drink in your hand is a good way to relax. I have returned to shooting sports to relax. My son's are going to learn...so that is our new sport for now. No more boats though. I had a great boat, couldn't afford to replace it today.

Old 02-02-2014, 11:21 AM
Received 537 Likes on 454 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrmiata
Tritoon doc.. 115 Merc on back. Oh.. and your never too old to go fishing and cruising around..

Hole in the water is why I bit the bullet on new.. warranty to take care filling that hole up..

Got to thinking about it.. and even just buying one 4-5 years old to save a few bucks.. could cost more in the long run since you have no clue what it's been through.

DJ - you ever find yourself kicking around the Tulsa area.. well this puppy holds 12..
Great boat, my buddy has one and he has not used his regular boat since he got this type in seven years.
Great for cruising the lake, using as a fishing platform etc. They can go through some pretty shallow water so they are quite useful going up small creeks.
He got the full cover like you and the complete set of walls, this is great when it rains or is a bit chilly on the water, If you did not get the walls I would definitely recommend them as they complete the package.

Well done, another toy.

Old 02-03-2014, 01:46 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice rig, MrM.

We had a similar one on the lake of the Ozarks, a 24 footer that came with a 75 HP Merc. My dad had it replaced with a 250HP Merc before we took delivery (wanted Honda, but too much $$$). It would plane under 10MPH with the three pontoons and would pull 2 adult skiiers at 35MPH. A better all around boat can not be had...

Old 02-03-2014, 02:15 PM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice rig!! My father has a pontoon boat that we love... I agree that they're excellent all-arounders... personally for the fast-paced style of bass fishing that I enjoy, they're a bit unwieldy BUT they're perfect for mid-lake fishing.

I would love to be on that boat right now with a cigar and a scotch.

Old 02-03-2014, 02:26 PM

Thanks guys! I'm REALLY looking forward to it! Prior to this was an old tri-hull bobber boat. 2 adults and 3 kids took all the fun out of things. It's been about 3 years since I've been out on the water, and definitely time for that to change. When we stepped onto this one one .. it was like it was made for our wants/needs.. Other than a stereo upgrade in it's future.. just cant leave things alone.. LOL.

Now if the weather would just straighten up.. Thinking I'll let the marine dealer keep it this week.. temps maybe up to 30 and rain with chances of snow. Wife and I have already decided first weekend it hit's 60 and sunshine, travel trailer and boat get broke in!