Parts/Accessories for sale - Archive This forum is no longer accepting new listings. Go to **the *new* Crossfire Marketplace**

Save on Shocks & Struts at RockAuto

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2020, 05:25 PM
Received 388 Likes on 335 Posts
Default Re: Save on Shocks & Struts at RockAuto

Thanks RA! As a note to the membership, BEFORE you install ANY part check ALL the fastening points/hardware ON THE VEHICLE to INSURE the set will install without a problem. Sometimes (too many times for me), the part ordered based on the R/A website listings, doesn't fit the vehicle mount points. Particularly important when a SET of parts are grouped in a package OR involved in a rebate package. A rebate package is voided if any part of the package is returned for a no fit issue, AND any time committed to a repair (setup like jacking/dismantling pre-repair work) which has to be reversed while waiting for R/A intervention frustrates.

Sadly, most of these issues are not able to be checked before time is spend preparing to do the repair that you bought the parts for. My point is be careful not to damage or 'conform' any parts in an attempt to install, only to have to 'eat' those parts because of damage to those parts when attempting a return. IF the parts don't fit, you must not try to force them. Just return for a credit with justification. Maybe the second parts search/order will successfully fit but then time and a lack of a rebate will drive the end cost much higher (in this type of case). BTW, pictures of WHY the parts are wrong WILL help. Don't be surprised when the R/A listing is still selling the wrong parts, I found that issue directly, and no one at R/A cared to correct the listing over a couple of months of trying to get them to change the listing. Good luck, hope everything works for YOU the first time!