Racing The place to talk about autocrossing, road and drag racing.

Cal Speedway Group Buy !

Old 02-16-2007, 11:02 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Cal Speedway Group Buy !

Gentlemen:

I was wondering if any of you would like to split-up the purchase of 5 gallons of "PURE POWER" Propylene Oxide for our event at CMS on March 17th...

If you don't know what PO does for a car, take a look at some info here: https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...ropylene+oxide

Let me know ASAP as the "FUEL ADDITIVE" has to be shipped from Kentucky on the train, since it's very volatile and won't be shipped via air freight... I'm ordering two gallons for myself, but will order the 5 gallon can if any of you want to split the costs.

I'll need to order it by Tuesday 2/20.

Old 02-16-2007, 11:46 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Cal Speedway Group Buy !

any price?

Old 02-17-2007, 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by x'ed
any price?
Never mind, I forgot you guys are running non-timed events, so don't waste your money...

For future reference, a 5 gallon can is $210... 1qt of PO is mixed with 3 gallons of gas = 60 gallons of "TREATED" fuel... We will burn 5-6 gallons per event at CMS (20 mins)... And will probably run 5 events on Saturday (25-30 gallons of gas) per car, per day...

I'm going to order 5 gallons of PO for myself... I'll end-up using it during the weekend anyway...

Old 02-17-2007, 01:52 AM

i doubt i'll run outside of hpde in the next 4 years. once i get out of law school i'll probably buy some cheap track car.

Old 02-17-2007, 01:58 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HDDP
Never mind, I forgot you guys are running non-timed events, so don't waste your money...

For future reference, a 5 gallon can is $210... 1qt of PO is mixed with 3 gallons of gas = 60 gallons of "TREATED" fuel... We will burn 5-6 gallons per event at CMS (20 mins)... And will probably run 5 events on Saturday (25-30 gallons of gas) per car, per day...

I'm going to order 5 gallons of PO for myself... I'll end-up using it during the weekend anyway...
how are you guys getting this past the inspectors, and why do they allow you to bring your own fuel, usually at a competitive event they supply the fuel to avoid such devious tactics.

Old 02-17-2007, 02:30 AM

Originally Posted by Maxwell
how are you guys getting this past the inspectors, and why do they allow you to bring your own fuel, usually at a competitive event they supply the fuel to avoid such devious tactics.
i never knew that. where do you race?

Old 02-17-2007, 12:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Usually at Kart tracks, and many professional races. I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before they change the rules for SCCA racing, seems they keep changing the rules every year. So you guys shouldn't be bragging about mixing Propylene into your fuel and posting all over the net, that is if you want to keep that extra advantage.

Old 02-17-2007, 01:42 PM

Usually at Kart tracks, and many professional races. I'm sure it will only be a matter of time before they change the rules for SCCA racing, seems they keep changing the rules every year. So you guys shouldn't be bragging about mixing Propylene into your fuel and posting all over the net, that is if you want to keep that extra advantage.
You're right MAX... PO is banned in some sanctioned racing events, Nitro Methane, Butylene Oxide, Propylene Oxide is accepted in others (NHRA, F1, Sprint Cars, Midgets)... But until they change the rules for my events, I'm going to continue to use it...

Nothing subversive here... You're post alluded to the fact that I was doing something illegal, or underhanded, And I don't appreciate that...
Perhaps the rules will exclude PO in the future, right now, I don't see anything in the rules that prevents it's use in custom blended fuels... Nor, do I see anything that excludes the use of Butylene Oxide Gel in the intake manifold...

So, I don't have any qualms about posting on this forum that I may use PO to increase HP by 7%... And until they tell me I can't use it... I'm Mr. Rules, every aspect of my car has been verified and approved by the tech inspectors for the 2007 season... I even took an entire day last weekend to take my car out to Willow Springs for tech inspection purposes only...

So, if you want to buy some PO you can order it from http://www.motorsportsracingfuels.com

Last edited by HDDP; 02-17-2007 at 01:47 PM.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:52 PM

Yeah, you're right... I should keep that a secret so I can maintain that extra advantage... Especially now that I have $$$ sponsorship / contingency that pays me for wins...