Racing The place to talk about autocrossing, road and drag racing.

NASA TTD 05/07 Regional Standings

Old 05-24-2007, 02:56 AM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default NASA TTD 05/07 Regional Standings

I have to step-up the process... Having missed the Button Willow event in April and placing so poorly at Willow Springs in May because of the recurring traction control problems... I'm sucking wind for the season in 4th place with 8 races to go... Would someone on this forum figure out this stupid TC issue ?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
TTD Standings 05:07.jpg (64.3 KB, 86 views)
Old 05-24-2007, 01:25 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: NASA TTD 05/07 Regional Standings

Derek,
Has Woody chimed in on this yet...hasn't he done anything with the TC previously? While i'm no aero guy and i know you have a points issue with upgrades to your vehicle, there has got to be some way to add down force to the front end. I know the TC issue is of bigger concern...but that front-end lift (as seen in your pic) can't be good for you straight-line speed either.

Following with interest as always.

Old 05-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As for the t/c issue i have and acquaintance who works for the srt program that will be borrowing my car within a couple of weeks and going through and reprogramming my ecu, hopefully meaning that when he is done when i turn off the t/c it stays off. For front downforce you may want to fab up a front lip kit out of aluminum or titanium, just make it adjustable and you can have all the downforce you need.

Old 05-25-2007, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by The Madhatter
As for the t/c issue i have and acquaintance who works for the srt program that will be borrowing my car within a couple of weeks and going through and reprogramming my ecu, hopefully meaning that when he is done when i turn off the t/c it stays off. For front downforce you may want to fab up a front lip kit out of aluminum or titanium, just make it adjustable and you can have all the downforce you need.
Put that "TC disable" function as a top priority and keep us informed...

Old 05-25-2007, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by Sennaspirit
Derek,
Has Woody chimed in on this yet...hasn't he done anything with the TC previously? While i'm no aero guy and i know you have a points issue with upgrades to your vehicle, there has got to be some way to add down force to the front end. I know the TC issue is of bigger concern...but that front-end lift (as seen in your pic) can't be good for you straight-line speed either.

Following with interest as always.
Yeah, I gotta do something about that...

Old 05-25-2007, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i am doing what i can, unfortunately my acquaintances time is much more expensive than i can afford this month. he estimated it to be around $1,000 to hand tune my car and disable the t/c because no one has ever done it. also my xfire is my daily driver and he will be needing it for 3-5 days. got to figure out a way to work around these problems. but after he tunes my car he is going to save the setup and begin to sell it for much cheaper, i just happen to be the first person (i.e. most expensive). as soon as i get it done i will let you all know and probably post a video on youtube of me destroying a perfectly good set of tires.