Racing The place to talk about autocrossing, road and drag racing.

Autocross parts possibly for sale!

Old 11-24-2007, 10:42 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Autocross parts possibly for sale!

I know this belongs in the classified section but I figured anyone interested in my parts would be a racer. I am considering trading in the Crossfire to get another car. I have been missing having a convertible ever since I sold my Miata back in April. I have had the Crossfire for a year and a half now and I have really enjoyed it. It gave me my first class victory at my first ever Prosolo along with many other victories throughout the year. I am posting to see if anyone is interested in my parts if I decide to sell it. Here are the parts and the prices I would want to get for them:

- 1 set of Koni Yellows (Sports): $400
- SRT 27mm front sway bar with delrin bushings: $50
- 19x9 Konig Next wheels (they are a +40 offset so you need to use spacers to be legal for stock, I will include a pair of 12mm spacers that are hubcentric) I have four of these wheels and will sell for $200 per pair, they are discontinued, forged and 6 lbs less than the stock rear wheels.
- Kosei K1 TS 17x8 inch wheels with a +35 offset. I have been using my spacer in the rear to keep them at the stock rear wheel offset (mainly for looks) these have a set of Hankook HRII's with 12,000 miles on them. Fronts are 225/45/17 and the rears are 255/45/17s. They are the same overall diameters as stock. These have been my street wheels. I would let these go for $500 as the wheels have some nicks on them but they weigh 15 lbs and a set normally goes for $900 brand new.
- Custom trailer hitch that I made and has been on the car for the last 12,000 miles. It has towed my 300 lb tire trailer for up to 300 miles one way with no problems whatsoever. $50 (You need a non-center exit exhaust to make this hitch work)
- 1 set of brand new Hoosier A6s in bags never been mounted. 245/35/18 fronts and 235/35/19 rears. This is almost $1,200 worth of tires and I would let it go for $900 obo.

I think that is all of it. I will add anything if I forgot it. Let me know if you are interested in them. I am willing to sell one of my pairs of Konigs if anyone is interested in them whether I get out of this car or not. They are still in the boxes all packaged up never been used.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:47 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: Autocross parts possibly for sale!

what happened did you give up on this car already? time for something faster ay?

Old 11-24-2007, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Maxwell
what happened did you give up on this car already? time for something faster ay?
Nope I haven't given up on the car, I just have always wanted a Honda S2000 and they are now in my price range for a nice low mileage example. Plus the only car I kept for more than two years without getting sick of it was my Miata and I sold that car to fund the build for my Crossfire back in April and I have missed it ever since.

Old 11-24-2007, 09:10 PM

I would be interested in the sway bar. Let me know what you decide to do.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:12 AM

Originally Posted by BLK Coupe
I would be interested in the sway bar. Let me know what you decide to do.
I will do that.

Old 01-08-2008, 11:42 AM

I guess I may be confused. If your wheels are offset wouldn't the addition of spacers make them further from stock? If they are a negative offset, why would that be beneficial for auto cross being it narrows your track width. Please set me straight.
Mike in Montana

Old 01-08-2008, 07:09 PM

Originally Posted by Montana Crossfire
I guess I may be confused. If your wheels are offset wouldn't the addition of spacers make them further from stock? If they are a negative offset, why would that be beneficial for auto cross being it narrows your track width. Please set me straight.
Mike in Montana
Stock wheels of an offset of +22 and the aftermarket wheels have an offset of +40 which tucks them further under the car. In stock class you are only allowed a +-6mm change from stock. I am currently running a 12mm spacer to get them back within the stock allowance. Honestly in autocrossing you want a narrower car so that you can get through the tight elements faster, plus the car already is wider at the rear than it is at the front so bringing the rear wheels in also helps loosen the car up some which is needed with the limitations of stock class.

On a side note I didn't choose the offset of the aftermarket wheels. They only came in that offset in the proper size and bolt pattern so I am making do with it to save 12 lbs of rotating mass. Hope that helps clear things up a little bit.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:58 AM
Forum Regular

I'm interested in the sway bar too.
Please keep me informed.

Old 01-09-2008, 01:48 PM

I keep forgetting to post that I decided not to sell the stuff until the end of the season. The sway bar might go up for sale if I decide the HR bar is better when I get arund to testing it in a couple months. I imagine it will be better. The car already slaloms really well but it can always get better.