Racing The place to talk about autocrossing, road and drag racing.

oh ITS ON!!!

Old 12-22-2007, 08:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: oh ITS ON!!!

ok... i give up sorryonos.

Old 12-24-2007, 09:16 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wow, everybody soo angry. You forgot to catch the easiest thing.
you can remove things like passenger seat or spare tire.
just busting *****.

Old 12-31-2007, 11:16 AM

I'll just point out some bad advise to definatly not follow that was given here.

#1 - 100 octane fuel will not help you, and I can give you a long dissertation as to why it will actually hurt the performance of the car, but just do a google search on "octane" and you should be able to connect the dots.

#2 - DO NOT lower the psi of your rear tires into the teens, our tires are stiff (very stiff) sidewalled tires...when the PSI gets low the first thing that happens is tread cupping. If you want to see what happens, then do this, on the tread of your rear tires, put white shoe polish, lower the psi, then drive forward about 20ft. You will notice the only actual part of the tread to contact the pavement will be the edges, the center of the tire will be cupped and not touching the pavement at all. The only tires that you should do this with are slicks with soft sidewalls that are designed for it, modern tires for wheels of our size have stiff sidewalls to protect the rim in the event of hitting a pothole and should never be driven on with low psi.

Seriously, I could type for hours about octane and why you don't need 100 octane in this car (especially stock). Now, an SRT with upped boost, and an ECU tune that increased ignition advance would benefit from 100 octane if he was pinging.

Now the good advise:

#1 - Our traction control sux and should be disabled, and the only way to really disable it is if you have a midyear 05 car or newer and pull the fuses. Older cars (04's and early 05's go into a wierd limp mode with the fuses pulled, you can search for info on that on this site).

#2 - Whoever mentioned to lower weight by removing this was right, though I am past the stage in my life where I'll pull the passenger seat. Some things you can do that are easy, show to the track with 1/4 tank of gas. Gas is 6.21lb/gal, so if you are missing 10 gallon's you are 62lb lighter than you would be with a full tank. Usually 100lbs weight loss is worth 1/10th of a second in a 1/4mi race, so 62lb lighter would make you .062sec faster in a 1/4mi race.

#3 - No need to "smoke" the tires, just spin them over a couple times to get the grit and dirt off. And DO NOT drive through the water box, drive around it. Driving through it will put water into the treads of your front tires, and will drip onto the track directly in line where your rear tires will be. This will cause a loss of traction on launch. Your first 60' of a drag race is VERY important. Going 1/10th faster in the first 60' of a 1/4mi race will yield a 2/10ths faster time in the whole 1/4mi.

#4 - Practice your launch and 1 - 2 shift, that is where you will make or break a 1/4mi run in this car, as someone else stated, after that driving this car is cake. The good news is you can do full dragstrip launches and shift 1 -2 at any stoplight and not break any laws in this car, cause this will only take you to 40mph.

#5 - Cool but not cold engine!! Heat soak can kill engine performance, so you want the engine as cold as possible. But there's a catch, if the engine is dead cold you will have internal oiling issues that could harm the engine. What I liked to do was get the engine as cold as possible and right before the race let it idle for about 30sec to allow the engine to be fully lubed before I started beating on it.

Ok, so that was a longer post than I thought, and if you are still with me I applaud you. I used to race professionally for 2 shops several years ago (and one who wanted me to come to drive for them but I declined and they have gone on to be multiple national champs of their class, le-sigh).

Last edited by dyezak; 12-31-2007 at 03:37 PM.
Old 12-31-2007, 11:46 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shawnkey
Wow, everybody soo angry. You forgot to catch the easiest thing just busting *****.
Yeah, crossfires dont have spare tires. Also, the crossfire really has a hard time braking its tires loose for 5-8 seconds.

And to tvt designes, I assume you don't have or own a crossfire, because pulling the traction control fuses doesn't really do much. The traction control is still active, you need to have the ecu modded to truely eliminate the traction control. How do I know? Because I am the only person to dyno a stock crossfire (at least without spinning the front tire like an idiot) as far as I know.

BTW, if the rsx-s has hondata (or kpro) and a cai, it will run about a 14.1 and trap close to 100mph, you won't have a shot.

Old 12-31-2007, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by x'ed
And to tvt designes, I assume you don't have or own a crossfire, because pulling the traction control fuses doesn't really do much. The traction control is still active, you need to have the ecu modded to truely eliminate the traction control. How do I know? Because I am the only person to dyno a stock crossfire (at least without spinning the front tire like an idiot) as far as I know.
If I was half the man I used to be I would ream you for talking out of your ***. However as I have gotten older I have figured two things out:

1. Internet though guys are just pathetic.
2. Ignorance is best countered by education.

So I'm not going to be an internet tough guy here...just going to educate you.

1. TVT is fairly well versed in x-fires. If you would have bothered visiting his website or looking at his previous posts you would realize this.

2. You aren't the only person to dyno a stock x-fire (as a matter of fact TVT has).

3. You are only partially right with the fuses, 04 and early 05 cars are prone to the issue you explain, newer cars can pull the fuses and play Dukes of Hazzard with no ECU intervention.

*references

Vid of fuses disabling trac control completely on a late 05
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwRK97G2lFM

Thread de-bunking the fuse theory and causing more questions in the end:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...+control+fuses

TVT's car and dyno runs
http://www.tvtdesign.com/project_car

**btw, why would you want to berrate and belittle someone who is trying his hardest to improve the crossfire aftermarket and help the community as a whole?***

Old 01-03-2008, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by dyezak
If I was half the man I used to be I would ream you for talking out of your ***. However as I have gotten older I have figured two things out:

1. Internet though guys are just pathetic.
2. Ignorance is best countered by education.

So I'm not going to be an internet tough guy here...just going to educate you.

1. TVT is fairly well versed in x-fires. If you would have bothered visiting his website or looking at his previous posts you would realize this.

2. You aren't the only person to dyno a stock x-fire (as a matter of fact TVT has).

3. You are only partially right with the fuses, 04 and early 05 cars are prone to the issue you explain, newer cars can pull the fuses and play Dukes of Hazzard with no ECU intervention.

*references

Vid of fuses disabling trac control completely on a late 05

Thread de-bunking the fuse theory and causing more questions in the end:
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...+control+fuses

TVT's car and dyno runs
http://www.tvtdesign.com/project_car

**btw, why would you want to berrate and belittle someone who is trying his hardest to improve the crossfire aftermarket and help the community as a whole?***
OH REALLLYYY??? Because before I even read your post I went to there website, and guess what, the dyno they have their ran to 5000rpm, which is the highest you can go by pulling fuses, while I hit 6,100 rpm. And I am no internet tough guy, what in my post made me an internet tough guy. I am just telling you facts. I have been here for a looonnnggg time and seen many companies like tvt design come and go. And all that said, my crossfire made alot more power than them.

Obviously you have something vested in this company, or else I don't know what about my post would make you think I was a tough guy, it is just simple facts. So until you take your crossfire to a dyno and get a full run out of it, maybe listed to someone who knows what he is talking about. Again, they hit 5,000 rpm on their dyno, I hit 6,300 rpm, YOU CANNOT GET A FULL RUN BY PULLING THE FUSES! I had a tuner sitting there with me who has worked on mercedes engines for 10 years, programmed for upsolute for 5 years, watched him doing everything with my own eyes right in front of me. All you get is 5krpm out of pulling the fuses.

So, you are the ignorant one my friend. Be half the man you want to be or all the man you want to be, fact stands, I am the one with the experience here.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:16 AM

and because your stupidity baffles me, here are hddp's words on the thread you posted.....all you did was prove my point..

Alright, I Want To Put This Whole Thing To A Rest Until Some Freakin' Genius Comes Up With The Answers...

I Want Everyone To Go Out To Their Un-modified 6spd Crossfire, Start It And While In Neutral, Stomp The Gas Pedal To The Floor... If Your Engine Revs And Holds Over 5,200 Rpm, I'll Send You $25...

This Is Why Dyno Runs Are Nearly Impossible In The Manual Transmission Version Of The Car!!!

Then I Want You All To Pull The Abs Etc Fuses #17 & 18 Respectively And Take Your Car For A Drive And Try To Get The Engine Over 5,000 Rpm... If You Can Get The Engine Over 5,000 Rpm I'll Send You $100

Now You Get My Point ?

So what were you saying again? It has nothing to do with being tough, it's just that you don't know what you are talking about. Meanwhile I was sitting next to a very good tuner watching him re-solder my ecu so the traction control would actually be disabled, have had a full dyno on my car (the only crossfire to get a full dyno run without spinning the front tire), have been on a full fledged race track, and an 1/8th mile track, hung out with hddp, probably the most knowledgable person on these forums (or woody), all with the crossfire, and generally just learned on here about the car for four years.

Last edited by x'ed; 01-03-2008 at 10:23 AM.
Old 01-03-2008, 12:53 PM

So with all this bickering maybe I missed it -- did anyone run the Acura yet? What was the result? My personal opinion is that the Crossfire will win if the driver hits it right.

Old 01-03-2008, 03:50 PM

and because your stupidity baffles me, here are hddp's words on the thread you posted.....all you did was prove my point..

Alright, I Want To Put This Whole Thing To A Rest Until Some Freakin' Genius Comes Up With The Answers...

I Want Everyone To Go Out To Their Un-modified 6spd Crossfire, Start It And While In Neutral, Stomp The Gas Pedal To The Floor... If Your Engine Revs And Holds Over 5,200 Rpm, I'll Send You $25...

This Is Why Dyno Runs Are Nearly Impossible In The Manual Transmission Version Of The Car!!!

Then I Want You All To Pull The Abs Etc Fuses #17 & 18 Respectively And Take Your Car For A Drive And Try To Get The Engine Over 5,000 Rpm... If You Can Get The Engine Over 5,000 Rpm I'll Send You $100

Now You Get My Point ?

So what were you saying again? It has nothing to do with being tough, it's just that you don't know what you are talking about. Meanwhile I was sitting next to a very good tuner watching him re-solder my ecu so the traction control would actually be disabled, have had a full dyno on my car (the only crossfire to get a full dyno run without spinning the front tire), have been on a full fledged race track, and an 1/8th mile track, hung out with hddp, probably the most knowledgable person on these forums (or woody), all with the crossfire, and generally just learned on here about the car for four years.
Did you continue reading? Or just stop on page 2?

Originally Posted by hddp
Well it's starting to look like this is isolated to the '04 '05 manual transmission version... KUDOS to all that have tested this on different versions...
The newer cars pulling the fuses works... Mine is an 04 and pulling the fuses does give 5000rpm limit, but mid 05 something changed.

Old 01-03-2008, 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by dyezak
Did you continue reading? Or just stop on page 2?

The newer cars pulling the fuses works... Mine is an 04 and pulling the fuses does give 5,000 rpm limit, but mid 05 something changed.
So who else has run a full dyno on an 04 or 05 without spinning the tire? and TVT says they only got 5,000 right on there web page.

Old 01-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Life is random...so am I.

Now You Get My Point ?

Hate to burst your bubble.........but you need to look at the video here....it's a crossfire exceeding 6000RPM with the fuses pulled.....

I know this because I was the one who made it!

As far as pulling the fuses not making any difference you need to watch this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R11E_lsY2B0

Any more questions?

Old 01-03-2008, 07:34 PM
Forum Regular

how havr you dynoed your car with full power runs? is it auto?

Old 01-10-2008, 02:38 PM

have had a full dyno on my car (the only crossfire to get a full dyno run without spinning the front tire
x'ed looking for a dyno sheet - have you posted your anywhere?

Old 01-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Forum Regular

haven't seen any dyno posts yet worth looking at and haven't seen any dyno runs with a 6 speed run on the dyno past 5k with full power runs, i will post whatever i can this coming up summer now that i have a camera that works

Old 01-10-2008, 03:57 PM

WOW, a lot of fighting has been going on since I have been on this thread last lol, My car is a 6 speed manual, and the integra just has an exhaust and short ram intake,by the tests I have seen from road and track, car and driver, and edmunds.com, I should be able to beat him

Old 01-14-2008, 09:10 PM

my dyno is hear somewhere, don't see why anyone wouldn't think its worth looking at, it's the best dyno i have seen on here.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by apkano
Hate to burst your bubble.........but you need to look at the video here....it's a crossfire exceeding 6000RPM with the fuses pulled.....

I know this because I was the one who made it!

As far as pulling the fuses not making any difference you need to watch this.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R11E_lsY2B0

Any more questions?

jesus you guys, I HAD MY CAR ON A DYNO, IT WILL NOT REV PAST 5K WITH JUST THE FUSES PULLED. The reason yours did is because your car was moving. As long as JUST ONE of the front tires is spinning at at least 15mph you can rev the engine up to 6000 rpm, but not at a stand still. Your video proved nothing. Man, whats so hard for you guys to understand, until you take your car on a dyno, you just don't know. Now maybe 06's are different, I have no idea, but I doubt it.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by 04chryslr
WOW, a lot of fighting has been going on since I have been on this thread last lol, My car is a 6 speed manual, and the integra just has an exhaust and short ram intake,by the tests I have seen from road and track, car and driver, and edmunds.com, I should be able to beat him

Hows that, he is probaly running 14.6-14.8, you'd be hard pressed to get those times, the magazine times for crossfires are just not true, some very good drivers have driven the crossfire in the 1.4 and no one has gotten the 14.6's that the magazines get, usually they run 15 flat.

Old 01-14-2008, 09:22 PM

here is my dyno thread, I forgot that I picked up 20whp from just the chip and over 20ft lbs.

https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...eedinnovations

Old 01-14-2008, 10:26 PM

the magazines said 14.9-15 sec in the 1/4 which is what you said they were getting, and an rsx-s does not do the 1/4 that fast either, the fastest rsx-s stock I have seen runs the 1/4 in 15's also