Racing The place to talk about autocrossing, road and drag racing.

oh ITS ON!!!

Old 01-15-2008, 03:33 AM
Life is random...so am I.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: oh ITS ON!!!

Originally Posted by x'ed
jesus you guys, I HAD MY CAR ON A DYNO, IT WILL NOT REV PAST 5K WITH JUST THE FUSES PULLED. The reason yours did is because your car was moving. As long as JUST ONE of the front tires is spinning at at least 15mph you can rev the engine up to 6000 rpm, but not at a stand still. Your video proved nothing. Man, whats so hard for you guys to understand, until you take your car on a dyno, you just don't know. Now maybe 06's are different, I have no idea, but I doubt it.

Actually.....if you look at your original post where you quoted HDDP.....the 5th statement says you can't pass 5000 RPM with the fuses pulled when driving. I made no statement about being on a dyno.

If you're going to quote someone......make sure you know what you're quoting.

Last edited by apkano; 01-15-2008 at 03:43 AM.
Old 01-15-2008, 01:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by apkano
Actually.....if you look at your original post where you quoted HDDP.....the 5th statement says you can't pass 5000 RPM with the fuses pulled when driving. I made no statement about being on a dyno.

If you're going to quote someone......make sure you know what you're quoting.

The quote was in response to someone else. I am telling you that you cannot rev past 5000rpm when the car is still with the fuses pulled. What's the point of reving when the car is in motion? There is none.

Old 01-15-2008, 01:39 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The quote was in response to someone else. I am telling you that you cannot rev past 5000rpm when the car is still with the fuses pulled. What's the point of reving when the car is in motion? There is none.
yeah, completly stop I cant rev past 4000rpm

Old 01-15-2008, 02:10 PM

LOL, ok back on topic ha ha, I should be able to beat this guy from the numbers, anyone have drag times for 6 speed crossfires and rsx-type s?

Old 01-15-2008, 02:41 PM

Point being.....the thread you quoted.....Derek said nobody could exceed 5000 rpm with the fuses pulled period. Whether you were on a dyno or on the road driving, he claimed it was "impossible". I proved you can. The car was in gear and accelerating past 5000 rpm right up to redline. Once again....if you're going to quote.....make sure you know what you're quoting. Read the rest of that particular thread. Where SPECIFICALLY did I say you could turn over 5000 on a dyno?

BTW....If you have access to the Mercedes star software....you can disable the electronic "nannies" to do a proper dyno run.

As for pulling the fuses doing little to nothing........I can spin the tires a HELL of a lot longer and further with the fuses pulled. If I just push the button on the dash, I'm lucky to get 10 feet. This link is a video of me smoking the tires the length of a dodge dealership. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R11E_lsY2B0

Old 01-15-2008, 02:42 PM

I thought I already said. An rsx-s should run a 14.7 with those mods and a good driver, you will run a 15 flat, 14.9 if your good. Also depends on track condition, elevation, etc, but those are ideal times. That said, I have seen rsx-s's run everywhere from 14.8-16.0 stock, honda's arent the easiest cars to drag. Crossfire should be much more consistent in the 15 to 15.3 range.

Old 01-15-2008, 02:47 PM

Originally Posted by apkano
Point being.....the thread you quoted.....Derek said nobody could exceed 5000 rpm with the fuses pulled period. Whether you were on a dyno or on the road driving, he claimed it was "impossible". I proved you can. The car was in gear and accelerating past 5000 rpm right up to redline. Once again....if you're going to quote.....make sure you know what you're quoting. Read the rest of that particular thread. Where SPECIFICALLY did I say you could turn over 5000 on a dyno?

BTW....If you have access to the Mercedes star software....you can disable the electronic "nannies" to do a proper dyno run.

As for pulling the fuses doing little to nothing........I can spin the tires a HELL of a lot longer and further with the fuses pulled. If I just push the button on the dash, I'm lucky to get 10 feet. This link is a video of me smoking the tires the length of a dodge dealership. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R11E_lsY2B0

Derek knew the car could rev past 5,000 rpm's accelerating, everyone does. What the hell are you blabering on about now? You think he didn't realize his car could go past 5,000 rpm when in gear and acclerating? He races the damn thing.

But I guess I should have been more clear, I didn't think anyone was concerned about reving the car when it was in neutral going 60 mph, I kind of figured that was a give in. I said from the get go that as long as the front tire spins at 15 mph you can rev past 5,000, so I really don't know what the hell your talking about. You are fighting an uphill battle and moving the wrong way. The conversation was about how I was the only one who got a real dyno witout having to spin the front tires. No one here knows why you are talking about reving a car that is going 60 mph, and should be even more dumbfounded by your amazement at reving past 5000 with the car in gear and accelerating.

P.S, I did have access to somone who could elimiate those "nannies", hence the reason why the dyno I posted goes up to about 6300 rpm.

Old 01-15-2008, 02:49 PM

and oh yeah, I wasn't quoting a thread, I was quoting a post. Doesn't mean I intended to quote 10 pages.

Old 01-15-2008, 03:04 PM

Yup....confirmed what i thought.....dumbass. Where in the hell did I say I was going out on the road and accelerate up to speed, push in the clutch and free-rev the engine?

Once again......READ THE F'ING POST!

Why am I arguing with someone who doesn't understand why you'd want the engine to go past 5000 while driving. How did you get a full dyno run.....did the engine rev past 5000 rpm? Rev being slang for revolution. Sorry....thought you were clear on that. I "rev" the engine past 5000 when I'm driving pretty much everyday.

Do I "free-rev" (no load) the engine past 5000 when I'm driving, no, but if I couldn't accelerate right up to 6200 "rev's", I'd be pretty pissed!

In your original quote of Derek......try to follow along here, I know it's tough, counting to five and all......There's five sentences. Now, READ number five.....where it says "Then I Want You All To Pull The Abs Etc Fuses #17 & 18 Respectively And Take Your Car For A Drive And Try To Get The Engine Over 5,000 Rpm... If You Can Get The Engine Over 5,000 Rpm I'll Send You $100"

Some people just need to be smacked in the face with the brutally obvious. Instead of going...."Oh, I didn't notice that." They have to get all pissy and make statements like this....

"Derek knew the car could rev past 5,000 rpm's accelerating, everyone does. What the hell are you blabering on about now? You think he didn't realize his car could go past 5,000 rpm when in gear and acclerating? He races the damn thing."

I hope this clears it up for you.....if not.....I really don't give a rats ***....I'm done with this thread.

Old 01-15-2008, 03:55 PM
Forum Regular

so you went right to a speed innovations shop please clear me up on this, and they had the star program that takes care of traction control, so if i send my ecu out to them am i going to get the same tune or what, i don't know where i could go to a speed innovations shop with a dyno and all theres not much around where i live in upstate new york.

Old 01-16-2008, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
so you went right to a speed innovations shop please clear me up on this, and they had the star program that takes care of traction control, so if i send my ecu out to them am i going to get the same tune or what, i don't know where i could go to a speed innovations shop with a dyno and all theres not much around where i live in upstate new york.

Yeah they will eliminate your traction control completely if you ask them to. They have have to re solder something in the ecu.

And Apkano, your an idiot, just go home now. You jumped into a conversation having no idea what was going on, how did me and someone else talking about me being the only person to get a full dyno turn in to you reving your car in gear past 5,000 rpm. My point was reving the engine past 5000 rpm with the car stationary is going to happen.

Reading comprehension > you

Old 01-16-2008, 10:05 AM

And since you pathetic attempt to make your arguement work is truely sad, since I was arguing with someone about dyno'ing the car, it was pretty obvious i was quoting this section of dereks post

I Want Everyone To Go Out To Their Un-modified 6spd Crossfire, Start It And While In Neutral, Stomp The Gas Pedal To The Floor... If Your Engine Revs And Holds Over 5,200 Rpm, I'll Send You $25...

Which is what my only point ever was. I quoted his entire post, not thinking someone would be thinking I was talking about reving past 5000rpm when in gear, because that has nothing to do with what I was saying. Now let's see if you are really done with this thread.

You can see the guy who was arguing with me about the dyno just quit, because he actually understood what I was talking about, and TVT design did not get a full dyno run. I did, and am the only person to do so, still, to this day, and I don't even own the car anymore and this was like 1 1/2 years ago. The only other person who got a full dyno run was spinning the front tire with his hand.

Old 01-16-2008, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by tylerxfire

You should read all the SpeedInnovations threads. The reason I went down there was because everyone wanted to see actual proof of results from an ECU mod, I eventually convinced them to do it for free and pay for a free dyno run. There was alot of discussion on there on what they do, how you send your ecu to them, their contact informatin, turn around time, all that. I guess some people had problems with SI, but I really liked the guys and they spend 175 bucks on my dyno and three hours modding the ecu along with testing and tuning. Ultimately I picked up 20whp. It was definately a great mod, the only one I ever did to my xfire.

Old 01-16-2008, 12:14 PM
Forum Regular

sorry to jump in but! did you race yet? haha... i want to here the results!

Old 01-30-2008, 04:41 PM

we have not raced yet,its snowy up here so there is no track yet,but I have prepared and ordered a cat back exhaust, which I will be putting on with my cold air intakes. . I am confident in kicking some ***!