Racing The place to talk about autocrossing, road and drag racing.

Dragtimes

Old 01-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Dragtimes

Okay you guys, wake up..... there is a sticky right at the top of this Racing forum, 'Fastest 1/4 mile thread....'

Old 01-10-2010, 08:32 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks Mike, but I was thinking more on the lines of something similar to a spreadsheet. Time slips would be submitted to a moderator, and the spreadsheet would be updated based on the submission.

Old 01-10-2010, 08:34 PM
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

me too, and I did forget about that thread...thanks Mike, but I like bmorgan's idea...just like we track all the vin #'s....

Old 01-10-2010, 10:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeR
Okay you guys, wake up..... there is a sticky right at the top of this Racing forum, 'Fastest 1/4 mile thread....'

LOL, I only click on the "new posts" link and browse what's there..............never bothered to look into each category for specific threads.

Old 01-11-2010, 11:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bmorgan
Ok, something that bugs me a little. Is it just me? Why do people like Jeff Croy post all of their slips on Dragtimes instead of just updating their fastest time. Jeff has 4 posts that are in the top ten. 2 more that are in the 11 - 20 positions. I have not posted to Dragtimes yet, but plan to this year with my new mods, and when I get some DRs. It would be nice to see what place my car is in amongst other SRTs and not have to weed through all of the multiple posts to figure it out. I guess I could strap a bottle of nitrous on mine and make 20 passes and lock up the first 20 positions, but what would that prove other than the fact that I was being a royal *****?
Hi bmorgan, I'm Jeff Croy and the reason for the multiple posts are way back when milestones were being set ( with different mods), as soon as someone mentioned they had ran a certain time some forum members were like well why is it not on dragtimes? thats why I posted them there. If you look at the dates you'll see I have not posted there in a realy long time. If you look back at some of my threads you'll see members telling me to post over there and I said enough is enough,but anyway I agree there should be something here for members to track and use like the sticky thats here^! p.s., there is one post there for my car in the last year and a half, but thats my son who is 17 and he wanted to do so because he is proud of what he accomplished. Good luck with your endeavors, signing off as the royal *****...

Old 01-12-2010, 09:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of guys on MBWorld.org and other car forums have relinquished the 1/4 mile times as the standard for how "fast" your car is... they have moved to the 60-130 test. A "true test" of how fast your car is...

Seems interesting, except I'm not stupid enough to make that run in NJ...or spend the money on the box to record that info.

It is interesting to see some of these guys verified times...real quick.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:02 AM
She can ride with me ;)
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's interesting, but I thought that the real underlying reason that drag racing time slips are used is because of the standards organization (NHRA or IHRA) backing up the measurement and the uniformity of the measure. I would think it would be next to impossible to compare 60-130 times with the same assurances. Hmmm...

Old 01-12-2010, 10:07 AM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

Originally Posted by ZAHANMA
A lot of guys on MBWorld.org and other car forums have relinquished the 1/4 mile times as the standard for how "fast" your car is... they have moved to the 60-130 test. A "true test" of how fast your car is...

Seems interesting, except I'm not stupid enough to make that run in NJ...or spend the money on the box to record that info.

It is interesting to see some of these guys verified times...real quick.

I hang out with a few guys and the 60-130mph is all they talk about. Although I have never logged my time, it is safe to assume that a pretty heavily modded SRT6 will run a low 10sec 60-130mph. When you compare that to other cars, it is not impressive. I have a friend with a HPF Turbo M3 that runs a 5.53 60-130mph and is spinning the tires at 80mph.

Our advantage for the most part is the pretty good traction we have in these cars. For the most part, the 1-2 gear change has very little traction issues and with a good set of tire, we can get a dead hook from the launch. This makes us more suited for the ¼ mile times.

Old 01-12-2010, 01:49 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Unfortunately there is no place to test 60-130 without safety or leagal issues... lots of leagal issues... execept for the Texas mile or like events. Then being able to prove your 60-130 times too... what is the 'standard' used? That could go down a rat hole real quick....

I like keeping my license and car so I will settle for 1/4 miles at the track... and it's lots of fun! My sprints on the freeway are fun, but rare, due to traffic or Doc's pals...

Old 01-12-2010, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by MikeR
Unfortunately there is no place to test 60-130 without safety or leagal issues... lots of leagal issues... execept for the Texas mile or like events. Then being able to prove your 60-130 times too... what is the 'standard' used? That could go down a rat hole real quick....
There is a thread over at mbworld in the w211 forum that talks about the "standard" they use. You have to submit a log from a GPS based device. They call it a V-box.

Old 01-12-2010, 07:40 PM
ADDICTED TO BOOST

The V-Box is the most popular. In most cases, the moderator would have the v-box file emailed to them to ensure that it met the standards that were set.

I will stick with the 1/4 time slips and leave the 60-130 time to those that can not drive. It at least takes some skill to launch the car from a dead stop.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:09 PM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MD SRT6
Hi bmorgan, I'm Jeff Croy and the reason for the multiple posts are way back when milestones were being set ( with different mods), as soon as someone mentioned they had ran a certain time some forum members were like well why is it not on dragtimes? thats why I posted them there. If you look at the dates you'll see I have not posted there in a realy long time. If you look back at some of my threads you'll see members telling me to post over there and I said enough is enough,but anyway I agree there should be something here for members to track and use like the sticky thats here^! p.s., there is one post there for my car in the last year and a half, but thats my son who is 17 and he wanted to do so because he is proud of what he accomplished. Good luck with your endeavors, signing off as the royal *****...
I for one am glad you have your runs posted on dragtimes like you do. I enjoy seeing how you, others and myself have progressed. I have multiple runs posted on dragtimes as well and I plan on posting more. I would say those that whine about it are the ones that are running slow times.

It looks like your son is kicking butt at the track, tell him I said great job!

Old 01-12-2010, 10:31 PM
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by MD SRT6
Hey Jeff, I was not trying to say that you are a royal *****. I am sorry if you took it that way. I think that I stated earlier in this thread that after Tom2112 explained basically what you just said, that I understand. Sometimes I need someone to draw me a picture. I have heard people on here whine about you being on nitrous for your time, or MrPhotoman or others being on spray(meth). Those are the people that I wish would shut up. These are the ones that always seem to have an excuse for their own times. I think we need more people like both of you that are willing to test the limits of these cars, and innovate solutions that help us to go faster. I have the utmost admiration for your accomplishments, and I think that it is awesome that you are able to pass this passion of yours on to your son.

I just re-read my initial posting, and I can see how it came across the way you took it. I will ask for your forgiveness, and assert that in all honesty, it was not my intention to make a personal statement about you. I was merely using your multiple postings as an example. I realized that many others besides you had multiple postings.

Last edited by bmorgan; 01-12-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:27 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

group hug!

Old 01-13-2010, 08:04 PM

i just want 1 posting. the top spot for a slk32!!!!!

Old 01-13-2010, 10:18 PM
<--- Huge Horsepower

Tears are rolling down my cheek.

Old 01-14-2010, 12:14 AM
She can ride with me ;)

<in my best oh-so-drunk voice>
I LUV YOU GUYS!

Old 01-14-2010, 12:18 AM
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 32krazy!
i just want 1 posting. the top spot for a slk32!!!!!
I'd say you're getting pretty darn close. Certainly have the most consistent car I've ever seen, even with ME driving it!