South Forum Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX.

Texas Okla etc CAA convoy

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2010, 02:25 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Texas Okla etc CAA convoy

It is with great disappointment that I have to report that Teresa and I will not be able to make the CAA. I had already asked for the time off during that week...but work has decided they can't live without me that week when we have a big project finishing up and I am a key player in the project. We were so looking forward to meeting all of you and enjoying the trip to St. Louis. We will just have to attend future events to meet up with everyone. Teresa was looking forward to having fun at Harrah's while I was looking forward to going to the track!! Hope everyone else has a great & safe journey to St. Louis and back!!! We'll be thinking of all the fun ya'll will be havin!!!

Mike & Teresa

Old 06-14-2010, 04:36 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Char
Do we want to gather cell phone numbers for a list in case we need them on the drive?

If its not already being done... if you all will pm me your cell number, I'll print out lists to pass out.
Here is mine

817 353 4175

Eric

Old 06-14-2010, 06:41 PM

Suggestion re Cell phones: Texas T and FTroopChief posted ours last week. I think it's a good idea to let the convoyeurs() have the numbers, but Char, if you print them and hand them out, I'm so far out in left field I'll be in MO before I get them, I suggest before we announce to the world our #s, we each PM Char with our # and Char if you would consoliate a list and PM each of us back with all the #s I think it would be better. My # is being sent to you by PM.
Danny if you would call me from Vinita, I will be ready for you when you get to the Cafe'. I'll check out the parking and see where I can shoot from.
If we have a room facing the street on the 2nd floor, I'd like to take two runs from y'all.
Mike and Theresa we will miss you.

John P FTroopChief

Attached Thumbnails Texas Okla etc CAA convoy-cafe_building_front-little-brick-inn.jpg  

Last edited by FTroopChief; 06-14-2010 at 07:41 PM.
Old 06-15-2010, 01:27 PM
Forum Regular

Ft - good idea... will do!

Eric - you know I already had yours.. lol

M&T - so sorry to hear that, but understand.. you gotta take care of business...

Old 06-19-2010, 07:01 AM
Forum Regular
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey guys can I join you on the way back down to Oklahoma? I will be driving down to tulsa to visit some family.

Old 06-19-2010, 07:14 AM
Talking Re: Texas Okla etc CAA convoy

Originally Posted by cassidyrj1
Hey guys can I join you on the way back down to Oklahoma? I will be driving down to tulsa to visit some family.
Sure, haul aboard

Old 06-19-2010, 08:02 AM
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Sure, are you leaving on Friday AM? If so, we'll make another convoy back to Oklahoma.

Old 06-19-2010, 08:05 AM

Bump-ity, Bump, Bump. Everyone getting ready for Monday AM, at the Cracker Barrel? Can't wait to see everybody again!

Old 06-19-2010, 08:16 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by smfrycruzr
Sure, are you leaving on Friday AM? If so, we'll make another convoy back to Oklahoma.
I had no plans for friday so I can leave at any time.

Old 06-19-2010, 10:50 PM

I had no plans for friday so I can leave at any time.
Cassidy, sorry to be dense, but communication is50% misunderstood, and 50% misunderstood, understand?
The group is meeting Mon AM, the 21st at Cracker bbl for drive to Harrahs, with a stop in Vinita OK, then on to Braxton Springs KS for lunch at the Cafe' on the Route. I'm John P aka FTroopChief. I and my co-pilot are staying overnight at the Inn above the restaurant. If you miss the group meet up, or can't make the time frame, you're welcome to join me and wife at the restaurant/inn after 10AM and we can get aquainted and wait for the others to arrive. I will be in contact with them when they depart Vinita so we will know when they will arrive. Then as I understand the plans, we will all have a lunch break before proceeding to St Louis. Have you made any arrangements for staying in St Louis? What are your plans??
John P FTroopChief

Old 06-20-2010, 06:08 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by FTroopChief
Cassidy, sorry to be dense, but communication is50% misunderstood, and 50% misunderstood, understand?
The group is meeting Mon AM, the 21st at Cracker bbl for drive to Harrahs, with a stop in Vinita OK, then on to Braxton Springs KS for lunch at the Cafe' on the Route. I'm John P aka FTroopChief. I and my co-pilot are staying overnight at the Inn above the restaurant. If you miss the group meet up, or can't make the time frame, you're welcome to join me and wife at the restaurant/inn after 10AM and we can get aquainted and wait for the others to arrive. I will be in contact with them when they depart Vinita so we will know when they will arrive. Then as I understand the plans, we will all have a lunch break before proceeding to St Louis. Have you made any arrangements for staying in St Louis? What are your plans??
John P FTroopChief
John I will be joining the group on the way back down to Oklahoma on Friday the 25th. I am leaving from Elmira, Ny in about 2 hours to drive out to Indianapolis and then finish my drive out to Saint Louis on Monday. On Friday the 25th I was saying that I had no plans so I can leave Saint Louis at anytime. Sorry for the confusion.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:17 AM

Finally! Sunday morning, first day of V..A..C..A..T..I..O..N !!! Wooo Hooo !!!
Now I can start on getting Bridgette ready for the show. Worked on DC'XFire's Angel all last week, kept her garaged all week. No way I was going to try to do two Xfires in one weekend.
Have been reading about the other Convoys that have already begun. Man, it's exciting, can't wait. I'm almost jealous that they are getting to drive more than a day.
Well, its 7:15 and I've had my Go-Go juice, time to get started on Bridgette's detailing before the heat sets in for the day.

Old 06-20-2010, 09:20 AM
Talking Re: Texas Okla etc CAA convoy

Now I can start on getting Bridgette ready for the show. Worked on DC'XFire's Angel all last week, kept her garaged all week. No way I was going to try to do two Xfires in one weekend.
Have been reading about the other Convoys that have already begun. Man, it's exciting, can't wait. I'm almost jealous that they are getting to drive more than a day.
Well, its 7:15 and I've had my Go-Go juice, time to get started on Bridgette's detailing before the heat sets in for the day.
You may want to wait ,till ya"ll get to STL before u clean her up , because you will me eating my dust all the way. OLD BOY!

Old 06-20-2010, 03:53 PM

That's OK, I'll be gettin me that SRT 6 for on the way home

PS - see you in the morning at CB

Old 06-20-2010, 04:01 PM

That's OK, I'll be gettin me that SRT 6 for on the way home

PS - see you in the morning at CB
Keep your eyes off of my SRT!!!

Be safe everybody.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:25 PM
Received 517 Likes on 356 Posts

Reading these posts make me wish I could go the CAA. Getting there in the convoy, the miles behind the wheel of the best damm car for the money on the planet, I really wish I could do that with you guys.

But I have this gig for next week I just couldn't get out of so I will have to postpone the "road trip" until the Dragon this fall.

Ya'll have fun out there.

roadster with a stick

Old 06-20-2010, 07:36 PM
Forum Regular

10 more hours and the DFW convoy is leaving to meet more crossfires in Oklahoma City..... YOOOOO HOOOOO

PS. Now if I just could get some sleep - I feel like a little kid the night before christmas

Old 06-20-2010, 07:55 PM

FINISHED !!!!! Took me all day, but I got Bridgette ready for the CAA. Now all that's left is to get them loaded up for tomarrow morning.

Name:  IMGP1531.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  103.4 KB

I agree with you Eric, even as tired as I am, I bet I still won't sleep tonight, either.

Old 06-20-2010, 08:17 PM
Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Ran into FTroopChief on the way into Tulsa!
Staying in Tulsa tonight and will complete the drive tomorrow morning!

Fitting that I am staying in Tulsa. I pick up my pretty blue baby here almost exactly one year ago!

See you folks tomorrow!

Old 06-20-2010, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by tighed1
Ran into FTroopChief on the way into Tulsa!

Staying in Tulsa tonight and will complete the drive tomorrow morning!

Fitting that I am staying in Tulsa. I pick up my pretty blue baby here almost exactly one year ago!

See you folks tomorrow!

Tighed1 are you coming to lunch in Baxter Springs? Call me in the AM on c Phone 830 387 8008. See if we can't get you with the group. I found the easiest way to the cafe if you're taking 44. Danny I need to talk to you about Cafe' too.

John P

Quick Reply: Texas Okla etc CAA convoy