South Forum Serving AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX.

Houston March get together

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 03:44 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Houston March get together

Hello Houston Crossfire guys:

Any suggestions on a GTG for March. A bunch got the DYNO Tune at Eurocharged Performance last week, so we have great running cars. Maybe go mess with them just a little. Drive around, have lunch, drive around again. What say you? Any interest? What about it "Beep" want to go, Marine 5, wedding is over, come out and play.. You both know the other guys better than me, can you check and see if anyone wants to go turn some "Rs".
Hey, we need to get our group a logo designed and get us a name. How about "Southeast Texas Crossfire Club", this would include a lot of territory. Anyone know a very good very cheap graphic designer? Any ideas?

Last edited by dtinker; 02-18-2011 at 03:47 PM.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:17 AM
Default Re: Houston March get together

Originally Posted by dtinker
Hello Houston Crossfire guys:

Any suggestions on a GTG for March. A bunch got the DYNO Tune at Eurocharged Performance last week, so we have great running cars. Maybe go mess with them just a little. Drive around, have lunch, drive around again. What say you? Any interest? What about it "Beep" want to go, Marine 5, wedding is over, come out and play.. You both know the other guys better than me, can you check and see if anyone wants to go turn some "Rs".
Hey, we need to get our group a logo designed and get us a name. How about "Southeast Texas Crossfire Club", this would include a lot of territory. Anyone know a very good very cheap graphic designer? Any ideas?
Dave,
This idea has been aired before. "Marine5" (Glen) & the "Beep" took on this task some time ago, to little avail. No matter how hard they tried, only the same 4 or 5 cars supported them throughout. What we need in the Houston Area is a "Bill F" and "FTroopChief". We have found it extremely difficult on our Houston GTG's, to get more than 5 or 6 Crossfire Owners to turn up. You would have thought it should be easy, as there MUST be at LEAST 20 or 30 Crossfires in the Houston area. The only time we get more than 5 or 6 Cars, is when the "Central Texas Crossfires" join us. I personally do not have the time to organize what you suggest, BUT would stand solidly behind anyone who would care to take on this task.
You can count me in on any moves to further this idea, and I would do anything to assist. BUT Dave, when you join us at the TMS in Dallas in May, you will see, for some of us, the Crossfire Enthusiasm, is still WELL Alive.
TerryR

Old 02-20-2011, 10:20 PM

I'm in for a GTG in March. If the weather is warmed up the Lake Conroe gtg I missed sounded fun or there was another one where yall went to a a park and took some great pics. Sorry couldn't find the post. Or there is always Galveston or Kemah again.

Just installed larger injectors today. Time to have Jerry retune the xfire. Got a great deal 2001 - 2003 Mercedes CLK430 Fuel Injector Set (8) - eBay (item 370476155749 end time Mar-18-11 10:19:40 PDT)

Old 02-20-2011, 10:41 PM

TX xfire,
Sounds like your preparing to fly. Is your Xfire and SRT6 or a N/A. I have mine running good, just had Jerry at Eurocharged Performance do the DYNO tune.. The park was outside of NASA on NASA RD1. we Ate late lunch at the Kemah Board Walk. Welcome input on Lake Conroe or Old Town Spring.

Old 02-20-2011, 11:06 PM

March will be hit and miss for me. I'm in Boston on the 26th and in Mpls one of the other weekends.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:34 AM

I just need to request a day off work a few weeks ahead and I am there. Lets decide on a date soon. I vote Lake Conroe.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:48 AM

Drivek,
We'll ee what we can do. I'm in the process of going through the memebership list and going to try and see if we can get more people involved.. What is around Lake Conroe where we could go, do you know any specific places to go ,eat , take pics, etc.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:18 AM

I don't know Lake Conroe well enough, but I've been wanting to do a cruise up there for some time. I am sure I can map something out with the help of some friends that live up that way.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:47 AM

Drivek, Let me know what you come up with. We will probably do this on a Sat. so remember the traffic in the area. A run to some place like " The Woodlands". or "Old Town Spring "eat lunch and then drive to some nice park and line the cars up and shoot some pics. The wifes will like either place and be ready to go. Let me know what you find as well as any other ideas.

Old 02-21-2011, 09:47 AM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Drivek,
We'll ee what we can do. I'm in the process of going through the memebership list and going to try and see if we can get more people involved.. What is around Lake Conroe where we could go, do you know any specific places to go ,eat , take pics, etc.
Here you go Dave.
The Official Lake Conroe Texas Website

Old 02-21-2011, 12:36 PM
Forum Regular
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Dave, Lake Conroe sounds good ........we went there with marine05 (Glen), and had lunch at a bar overlooking the lake, don't know if anyone is interested in doing that, if so then hopefully Glenn chips in, as he knows the location/route etc,
hope it's towards the end of March, as I'm in the process of doing some (not so cheap)fuel mods to cure my lean condition on the coupe, so things are tight ..........

Old 02-21-2011, 01:14 PM

Marine05
We would like to do the run you did around Lake Conroe. A similar route and lunch at a rest. On the lake. Can you do mid to late March. I will help in any way you want. I thought I would do some kind of flyer and maybe a mail out
See if we can get some more members to come.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:16 PM

Magredvet
Mid to late month sounds good to me as well.

Old 02-21-2011, 01:26 PM

Magredvet
Mid to late month sounds good to me as well.
Count me in for Mid to Late March. Marine05 organized a good one last year maybe he will chip in with some guidance.

Old 02-22-2011, 04:01 PM

Here is the info from the last GTG in Lake Conroe. Sorry I don't know the area that well.

OK, being the Marine I am, Carmela and I went on a recon mission yesterday. That Upper Deck Restaurant has new owners and is now called Grampy Larry's. It is on 1097 halfway between SH 149 and I 45. They have a covered outside deck over looking the lake. It has a basic menu of burgers, chicken, fried shrimp, fish, house salad, shrimp salad,etc. Prices and food are good. Service is a bit slow and it is little noisy. Over-all as a place to get some inexpensive food with drinks and enjoy the sunset, I would rate it a 6 out of 10. In fact yesterday, they gave everyone a free shot to celebrate the sunset. If this is still OK for everyone let me know. If not, all suggestions are welcomed. If OK, I would suggest we meet in the parking lot on SH249 and Spring Cypress by Wolfies around 6PM. We would then take 249 to 149 to 1097. Going home, people could continue to head East on 1097 to I45 and head home.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:01 PM
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Grampy Larry's Lakehouse

Old 02-22-2011, 06:15 PM

Marine 05,, Glenn,

That sounds fine but could we add some cruise time around the Lake to a park or something to take pics, then go to the Rest. for the sunset. We would need to add some time to meet up either the same place or another and finish in time for the sunset.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:29 PM

Lets get a date 1st and then we can work out the details. I have to switch my days off so the sooner the better. I'm ok with either lunch or dinner.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:35 PM

How about the 12th or 19th. There are a lot of guys going to the Texas Mile at the Speedway, which is the 25th and 26th, I think.

Old 02-22-2011, 06:47 PM

How about the 12th or 19th. There are a lot of guys going to the Texas Mile at the Speedway, which is the 25th and 26th, I think.
The 19th would suit me best, but see what the others prefer.

Quick Reply: Houston March get together