Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Car Being Really Weird some help plz :)

Old 05-28-2016, 07:14 PM
Uzi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Being Really Weird some help plz :)

Hey Guys,

I seem to being having some with my 04' crossfire, im not much of a car guy so not really sure whats going on, but to make sure i wasnt wasting anyone's time I read a majority of these post and some youtube videos.
The problem started 2 days ago go to get in my car, doors wont unlock from the FOB, try to unlock with key, and alarm just goes off, eventually get the alarm off and try to start the car (found out from post dont do that) well obviously doesnt recognize my key so car starts and turns off, get new batteries for the FOB and I read all the FOB instructions and restart the computer by taking off the positive for a bit and reconnecting and then pressing open twice and then inserting to on position, and attempt to start car, does the same thing, turns over and then just shuts off. Made sure batteries were good Red LED lights up, had battery checked seems to work fine. Starter seems ok since car turns over, both batteries are OK.
Now question is what should I do, i read most peoples post that had this problem and they simply grounded the cables and everything started working, but after grounding and everything my FOB wont work but the key does turn the engine over but shuts off in like a second. Oh also I took apart the Key FOB a few min ago to look at the chip and nothing really seems to be wrong with it and no one can really tell me if the chip is fried but i doubt it.
What should i TRY NEXT?

Old 05-28-2016, 07:21 PM
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Old 05-28-2016, 08:27 PM
Uzi
Default Re: Car Being Really Weird some help plz :)

Thank you MrMiata,

i didnt see that previous first post about the 2-3 start but I think ima start with the RCM first now since i think that's the least expensive route ( im a college student stuck at school ) hahaha and work my way from there, reallllllllly hoping its not the SKREEM or ECU but knowing my luck it prolly is : ( .

Old 05-28-2016, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Uzi
Thank you MrMiata,

i didnt see that previous first post about the 2-3 start but I think ima start with the RCM first now since i think that's the least expensive route ( im a college student stuck at school ) hahaha and work my way from there, reallllllllly hoping its not the SKREEM or ECU but knowing my luck it prolly is : ( .
Are you getting 2-3 "almost" started attempts then have to disconnect battery to try again?

Old 05-28-2016, 09:37 PM
Uzi

Yes, but i read not to do it to many times (guess 30 is the limit) so i have stopped that, and i just took the RCM out and looked at the 3 points that have been suggested to be solder and did that but that didnt bring any luck either. might try to get a new RCM.

Old 05-28-2016, 09:59 PM

Point being a 2-3 attempt then "nothing" is NOT the RCM..

Old 05-28-2016, 10:15 PM
Uzi

Oh, ok yea I continued to read more post and yes it does point to the SKREEM being the problem since it wont pick up my key fob either, but as a broke college student gotta try the cheap options first. Also side note if it's the SKREEM, my light for the alarm is on when the door is locked with the key, but now when i open the door with the key manually the alarm no longer goes off, I dont wanna test it cause i know otherwise i cant turn if off it does go off but if the alarm is longer working could that be the issue?

Last edited by Uzi; 05-28-2016 at 10:33 PM.