Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Battery disconnect

Old 04-27-2018, 09:14 PM
DHS
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Battery disconnect

So I want to wire in a oil temp and oil pressure gauge both are VDO. To run the wires from the engine and hook up power to the gauges I would like to disconnect the battery so I do not fry any wires. Will doing that cause any issues with my restarting the car? Will I lose the mileage on my dash, this is my first car with a liquid Chrystal odometers. Silly question but it will be disconnected all weekend, since I figure this is a two day job to do it right.

Old 04-27-2018, 10:01 PM
Received 543 Likes on 459 Posts
Default Re: Battery disconnect

Originally Posted by DHS
So I want to wire in a oil temp and oil pressure gauge both are VDO. To run the wires from the engine and hook up power to the gauges I would like to disconnect the battery so I do not fry any wires. Will doing that cause any issues with my restarting the car? Will I lose the mileage on my dash, this is my first car with a liquid Chrystal odometers. Silly question but it will be disconnected all weekend, since I figure this is a two day job to do it right.
No problem, depending on the radio you have it may lose the station settings.
The clock will need to be reset.