Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Super E-RAM, electric supercharger

Old 10-24-2006, 08:50 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Super E-RAM, electric supercharger

Here is the dyno graph from the e-ram website. Looks like BS to me, the stock horse power compared to after the e-ram installed hp curve just doesn't look right.

Once the engine got up to speed, it should be pulling more airflow than the e-ram could supply, so the E-ram curve should of settled back down to where the stock curve is. Instead it's paralleling the stock curve by 8-10 hp all the way up to maximum power. This is fake!

I would like to see Psuperti get a dyno run with his car while using the e-ram, I'm guessing it might make 2-3 hp more for the initial 500-1,500 rpm. After that it will fall off and follow the stock hp curve, and it may even drag the airflow down by showing even less than stock power.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
DYNO-PORSCHE_84_911_STOCK.jpg (39.2 KB, 18 views)
Old 10-24-2006, 09:13 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I know a little about cars...
I would not buy this product.
I would need to see it with my own eyes to believe there are worth while gains.
Just my .02.

Old 10-24-2006, 09:21 PM
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

No, mine's a 6 spd. Motor Trend got their automatic to run 15.18. Car & Driver ran a 14.8 with a 6 spd. and Road & Track did 14.9 with their 6 spd.
I drove both an automatic, and a 6 spd. before I made my purchase. I decided on the 6 spd. because (seat of the pants) comparison told me it just felt quicker. Plus, with a sports car, (IMO) it's just more fun to do it yourself.
If I had the power of a SRT-6 at my command, the automatic would be fine.
Also, if I was into drag racing like I used to be, I'd prefer an automatic.
By the way psuperti, you've done a great job personalizing your car. When you post it on the forum, you open yourself up to hearing everybody's individual likes and dislikes. Don't take there comments personal. The reason you made the modifications to your car, is because that's the way you think the car should look. It's just that simple. The only person you have to please is yourself.
If you check out my gallery, you will find a photo of my '69 AMX. I changed its look from "stock" 6 months after I bought it. Over the years I got alot of flac from so called "purist" about modifying it. But to me, it looked just right, and it still looks "right" to me 36 years later.
Good Luck with your mod's.

Old 10-24-2006, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by dynamicS
Once the engine got up to speed, it should be pulling more airflow than the e-ram could supply, so the E-ram curve should of settled back down to where the stock curve is. Instead it's paralleling the stock curve by 8-10 hp all the way up to maximum power. This is fake!
I would like to see a 2nd dyno as well, if this was even 4-5 hp over the entire curve, that would be a huge gain... and I'd have to buy like 12 of these things tomorrow.

Old 10-25-2006, 12:37 AM
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

How much is a dyno?

Old 10-25-2006, 04:38 AM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

My dyno run cost me $40. Your cost may vary ($40 to over $100) depending on the shop.

Also, make sure you get a linked roller set AWD (All Wheel Drive) dyno. Mustang or other make. The key is to have the front rollers powered by the back rollers so you get the ESP (Electronic Stability Program) to let you take your measurements.

I have worked on cars (modifying, building and engineering) on a hobby basis for over 15 years and I can say I've seen all types of quick HP products.

This one just stinks of BS. The simple fact is that an electric motor that has enough torque and RPM to really boost your airflow beyond what the engine can normally suck in at high RPM is going to eat your alternator alive. The idea of a bolt on super charger running off of an accessory pulley system... now that I could believe.

Let us know... The truth will set you free.

Last edited by MMZ_TimeLord; 10-25-2006 at 04:41 AM.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:47 PM
Exclamation Re: Super E-RAM, electric supercharger

There is a chance that you might be mistaken about their dyno too. But companies do lie about their products to make money. So look at the article from a different source say S3 MAGAZINE. They put 1 e-Ram on their own car (not 2 like on mine), ran a dyno and wrote am article about it.
Look here: http://www.electricsupercharger.com/images/dyno/eRAM1.pdf

Straight to the point.
1 - We could use another person to test this part, $600 or call Mike at e-Ram and get him to sponsor you if you go to shows.
2 - I can do a dyno and probably no one will believe it.
3 - You can realize that there are not many parts for the xfire. So choose this part for you or not! People are expending 4K to get to pick up 3/4 of a second.
Quote:
to pick up 3/4 of a second for 4k is cheap. Go buy a race car and try to pick it up that much for similar money. (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12360&page=2 post #12)”. Crazy in my opinion!

So it just makes sense to give it a try, it does not hurt the car’s performance or looks, if you are concerned about you wallet the “pimp out your ride” thing, is not for you. I hope I'm not crossing the line in any way from what I wrote sorry!

Last edited by psuperti; 10-25-2006 at 12:50 PM.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by psuperti
There is a chance that you might be mistaken about their dyno too. But companies do lie about their products to make money. So look at the article from a different source say S3 MAGAZINE. They put 1 e-Ram on their own car (not 2 like on mine), ran a dyno and wrote am article about it.
Look here: http://www.electricsupercharger.com/images/dyno/eRAM1.pdf

Straight to the point.
1 - We could use another person to test this part, $600 or call Mike at e-Ram and get him to sponsor you if you go to shows.
2 - I can do a dyno and probably no one will believe it.
3 - You can realize that there are not many parts for the xfire. So choose this part for you or not! People are expending 4K to get to pick up 3/4 of a second.
Quote:
to pick up 3/4 of a second for 4k is cheap. Go buy a race car and try to pick it up that much for similar money. (https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12360&page=2 post #12)”. Crazy in my opinion!

So it just makes sense to give it a try, it does not hurt the car’s performance or looks, if you are concerned about you wallet the “pimp out your ride” thing, is not for you. I hope I'm not crossing the line in any way from what I wrote sorry!
Psuperti has a great point everyone on here can be so negative there is always something and no one wants to believe anything its getting old. I understand that Psuperti made some waves with some of you guys for posting his cars estimated horsepower. And giving a form of proof through manufactures dynos but big deal ITS HIS CAR there is no reason to sit and rag on everyone who posts something new that they have found or tried. I don't care if a manufactures intended gains are false or not I realize thats not the right way to gauge horsepower but If he posted a Dyno you guys would be right there to say he made it himself. DO you honestly think he is on here lying to guys about being able to feel a little extra boost from this electric supercharger. MY QUESTION IS WHY WOULD HE some may say to justify spending the $600.00 on it but thats not logical. WE all realize this is a site to help eachother out and most of us who are looking for that common goal. Getting just alittle bit of edge over the next guy. IF YOU ALL WANTED TO RUN 12's or even 13's you bought the wrong car AND YOU KNOW YOU DID. I sure as hell would have bought something like a turbo eclipse something there a dime a dozen ugly but they HAVE ALMOST EVERY PART POSSIBLE AVAILABLE THROUGH AFTERMARKET and most of the pieces are bolt on hp. We bought this car CAUSE WE DIDN'T WANT TO BE THAT CAR OR THAT GUY WITH THE WING, BODY KIT THAT DOESN'T MATCH OEM, AND SLICKS IN THE FRONT. I'm sorry if I offended anyone but that's not me on the other hand I do respect the true tuners who can get huge hp gains out of a 2.0L. Bottom line If he is telling you something that he feels works take it for what its worth. There were so many people in the beginning who bashed the Sprint Booster saying there is no way it works there is no way the throttle can open up anymore (which it doesn't) and its the same as slamming down on the gas everytime you get in save your $250. AND those who have it can feel a difference weather or not there is a hp gain. Most of you did the same thing when cryil posted about his voltage regulator. All I'm saying is its old and im tired of reading 4 pages of how someone is full of **** because they don't want to try it or there is no proof. THE whole reason for this site is to talk to other people about things that work and things that improve your car. I don't know what else to say besides If HDDP was researching it and looking at it first that should say it all. It should still open up the question of does it work but at the same time you should be leaning towards possibly. I leave you with this video.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...&q=e-ram&hl=en

Last edited by jonnyangel04; 10-25-2006 at 02:13 PM.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:40 PM

jonnyangel04,

I was not ragging on psuperti, nor was I claiming that the unit doesn't do something. What I am stating is that any small motor with enough torque and RPM to push like a mechanical supercharger would most likely blow fuses or really put a strain on your alternator. The e-ram supercharging system pulls 60 amps and spins at 23,500 RPM. This is not enough in my opinion for a serious boost. (1 psi on a 5.0 liter does not qualify).

The stock supercharger on my SRT6 only puts out about 14 psi of boost and then only when the clutch kicks in.

I can't try this unit as my engine is already supercharged.

psuperti probably spent less per HP gained when he got the 20 HP from the Upsolute chip. (again, my opinion, nothing more).

I wish him all the best in his quest for HP for his 3.2L V6. Good luck psuperti!

Old 10-25-2006, 03:54 PM

he just showed you a dyno from a 1.6 liter motor that showed results, exactly what you asked for. i think he proved it works. i was skeptical, but i think i'll try it.

Old 10-25-2006, 03:55 PM

and did that article say you could stack them, so basically i could run two on each intake side?

Old 10-25-2006, 05:22 PM

Yep, but you better ask Mike because you won't get 1 psi per e-ram when you stack them. I think 2 = 1.7 psi.

Old 10-25-2006, 06:37 PM

wouldn't that be 1.7 per side then? can you give me your name so i can refer to you and his number. you can pm me again. thanks.

Old 10-25-2006, 07:52 PM

You got it!

Old 10-25-2006, 08:06 PM

Ohh timelord I wasn't referring to you at all. I'm just saying it seems like when ever someone comes up with a new idea or finds something that might work there is always 15 experts to shut him down. 1 psi isn't very much at all but if I could even feel the difference I would think about it. I'm sorry I took the liberty to vent on this Thread im just getting tired of looking things up on this wonderful site and reading 4 pages of how someone knows it wont and cant work when there is someone claiming it does. I wasn't calling you out and I'M truly sorry if you felt that way.

Old 10-25-2006, 09:19 PM

No worries... it's all good. That's the reason we learn to express what we feel and think better in the written word.

Venting is not a crime, just expect defensive responses...

Cheers!

Old 10-26-2006, 01:22 AM

fact is he posted a dyno that showed gains, what more is there to it.

Old 10-26-2006, 01:50 AM

This will be my last post in an obviously hostile thread.

I was not denying the dyno results. I was only stating that for the effort, electrical power pull, price and minor power gains, there are better places to spend $600.

Lastly if you are going to stack these units ... the price starts multiplying and the gains become increasingly smaller.

Good luck psuperti! *HUGS*

Old 10-26-2006, 01:15 PM
Forum Regular

If you really think this thing is actually working, tap into the air cleaner assembly and mount a boost gauge. Lol. See how long that 1.7 psi can remain in the system of the air cleaner while revving the engine up to 5,000 rpm. I have a feeling those hair dryers cannot feed enough pressure to the intake to sustain 1.7 psi. above 1,500 - 2,000 rpm. After that it's just a restriction.

Old 10-26-2006, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by MMZ_TimeLord
This will be my last post in an obviously hostile thread.

I was not denying the dyno results. I was only stating that for the effort, electrical power pull, price and minor power gains, there are better places to spend $600.

Lastly if you are going to stack these units ... the price starts multiplying and the gains become increasingly smaller.

Good luck psuperti! *HUGS*
he owns this and the sprintbooster and says this is the better mod. this one actually adds power. i'm not hostile towards you, i'm just saying what you say doesn't seem to hold water when it is dyno proven to add power, and a product you pushed that was $300 or so doesn't, by your own admission, add power. and psuerti owns both products and says this one is superior. i just don't understand how you can continue to question the product based on those facts.

Quick Reply: Super E-RAM, electric supercharger