Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

ECU Tuning Questions

Old 02-28-2008, 07:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECU Tuning Questions

Sorry but I did try to search and honestly got sick of trying to find the info I need. I did find some of these services that will reflash your ECU for you but I am not interested in this. I need to be able to modify, if nothing else, fuel tables and timing tables. Preferably the extra little things like Rev Limiters, AC Controls, etc, etc..

I just purchased a N/A Crossfire and will be putting a supercharger on it sometime hopefully before race season opens.

I have had plenty of experience in building and tuning custom race vehicles. My last car was an Evolution VIII that turned into a 25.1E Tube Chassis Race car fully designed, welded and tuned by myself if you cared to know. On that vehicle you could reflash the stock ECU which is my preference on this Crossfire. I had a stand alone ECU in the Evo but I would really like to retain the stock ECU in this car if at all possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am assuming there is some sort of a reflash option for this but couldnt seem to find it quickly.

On a side note, I will post up everything I do as far as this car is concerned. It seems there is alot of posting of people that 'will' or 'might' do an install but few seem to follow through. I may be wrong as I really have not searched that much as of yet and I apoligize for that.

Another side note, after I do some more research on the actual supercharger I will use, if I need larger injecters, the tuning involved, fuel pumps / pressure regalators, etc, etc I will post up every single thing I do and will fabricate all of the tubing, bracketry and fab work myself. I will see if anyone is interested in buying a 'kit' once it is done. This is not a job, it is a hobby of mine. I like racing But if I can help other enthusiasts get what they desire than great!

Thanks alot guys!

-Tim Russell

Last edited by Tim Russell; 02-28-2008 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Default Re: ECU Tuning Questions

Here is a thread on my old car when I started to turn it into the 25.1E Tube Chassis.... extremely long thread but its kind of neat. I am not going to tear this car apart near that level though rest assured

http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthr...highlight=25.1

Old 02-28-2008, 07:28 PM
Life is random...so am I.

Many have tried.....all have failed.

You're gonna get a lot of cynicism here........about twice a month someone makes the exact same claim as you.

Best of luck though.......plan on spending a lot of cash.

basically, if you want a supercharged Crossfire.....buy a SRT-6.

Old 02-28-2008, 07:59 PM
TVT_DESIGN

If you're located near NJ we can help you out with the tuning aspect of it. We just installed some 24 lbs. injectors on our car and then tune went well.

It's true there aren't many people in the US that can tune properly, especially on these cars. That's why we work with the Germans. PM or email me if you owuld like more info.

We do not offer mail order flashes.

Anthony
TVT Design
info@tvtdesign.com

Old 02-29-2008, 06:45 AM
Forum Regular
Default Smug points for Slim...

Well it's about time !

"We just installed some 24 lbs. injectors on our car and then tune went well..." (TVT Designs)

Good on ya TVT dudes !

I've been suggesting just that for the past several months but various naysayers have insisted that simply going to slightly larger injectors was just too simple/obvious/easy/cheap etc...

You can PM me with details if you want to avoid HDDP telling you all the reasons it can't possibly work.

Cheers,

Cincinnati Slim

Old 02-29-2008, 08:47 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Anyone here get to play with Split Second ecu's, I know a couple Benz owners use them for boost. only $330 pretty damn cheap and you get 3d fuel and timing maps. I'm thinking of buying one soon, since a lot of the newer vehicle have been using thier equipment for signal conditioning on modifying.

Last edited by Maxwell; 02-29-2008 at 08:49 AM.
Old 03-01-2008, 12:42 AM

I was actually mainly looking to see about an ECU reflashing software / cable (Or hardware needed). I hope people may have search my username on EvoM. Putting a supercharger on this car is not difficult I am not trying to get a prep rally of supporters or anything of the sort. I will have it done within a few months, I was looking for helpful pointers, specifically to the ECU portion. The supercharger is a bracket, a belt and a few hoses away

I suppose I will change the direction of this thread. I will post up what I find out. I will try to keep it all as detailed as possible if anyone else cares to do the same thing. The SRT version of the car is not only more rare but seem to cost more than it will cost for me to do this which ends up with more power anyways theoretically of course. I guess Ill find the limits of the engine.

I have obviously not done much as of yet but I have almost definately decided the supercharger of choice. Not sure the intercooler I will use but I will try to make sure it fits with no trimming of anything on the car. I honestly have dont about zero research into the other cars that have done this or the SRTs for that matter but it looks like they dont even run intercoolers?

At any rate, I am taking a little vacation shortly but will start the real planning directly after. Again, I am not looking for support, I am looking for ECU help but, if nothing else, this should become a decent resource of knowledge pertaining to boostin one of these

Old 03-01-2008, 12:57 AM

I am in MN btw. I have no problem making the car run well with any size injector assuming I can actually tune it Im used to making a car run with 850-1600cc (82lb/hr-152lb/hr). If anyone has any help concerning tuning the stock ECU please let me know.... for those that dont believe it will happen, etc, etc thats fine. Im not trying to win a vote, Im trying to get info and hopefully spread some info once I am there. I honestly dont know much of anything about these engines but I see no problem with them making a good 400-450 without giving up which should yield a mid 11 second pass in a drag race. My best guess would be an 11.4 @ 124mph. I guess well see how close I come to my initial guess. I may be way off.

Old 03-01-2008, 04:26 PM

Srt6 has an air to water intercooler under the supercharger. The motor is all forged hand built by one person at AMG. Very nice high quality motor that is for sure. I hope this all comes together for you because this is something that needs to be done for us base model crossfires. Best of luck and I'll be watching for updates. If this does work out I'll be one that is interested in doing the same. Automatic just doesn't do it for me, I need my 6 speed!

Old 03-03-2008, 05:26 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Tim Russell
I am in MN btw. I have no problem making the car run well with any size injector assuming I can actually tune it Im used to making a car run with 850-1600cc (82lb/hr-152lb/hr). If anyone has any help concerning tuning the stock ECU please let me know.... for those that dont believe it will happen, etc, etc thats fine. Im not trying to win a vote, Im trying to get info and hopefully spread some info once I am there. I honestly dont know much of anything about these engines but I see no problem with them making a good 400-450 without giving up which should yield a mid 11 second pass in a drag race. My best guess would be an 11.4 @ 124mph. I guess well see how close I come to my initial guess. I may be way off.
if your going to attempt something of that magnitude why wouldnt you just go standalone from the get go?

Old 03-03-2008, 06:56 PM

Sorry but I did try to search and honestly got sick of trying to find the info I need. I did find some of these services that will reflash your ECU for you but I am not interested in this. I need to be able to modify, if nothing else, fuel tables and timing tables. Preferably the extra little things like Rev Limiters, AC Controls, etc, etc..

I just purchased a N/A Crossfire and will be putting a supercharger on it sometime hopefully before race season opens.

I have had plenty of experience in building and tuning custom race vehicles. My last car was an Evolution VIII that turned into a 25.1E Tube Chassis Race car fully designed, welded and tuned by myself if you cared to know. On that vehicle you could reflash the stock ECU which is my preference on this Crossfire. I had a stand alone ECU in the Evo but I would really like to retain the stock ECU in this car if at all possible. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am assuming there is some sort of a reflash option for this but couldnt seem to find it quickly.

On a side note, I will post up everything I do as far as this car is concerned. It seems there is alot of posting of people that 'will' or 'might' do an install but few seem to follow through. I may be wrong as I really have not searched that much as of yet and I apoligize for that.

Another side note, after I do some more research on the actual supercharger I will use, if I need larger injecters, the tuning involved, fuel pumps / pressure regalators, etc, etc I will post up every single thing I do and will fabricate all of the tubing, bracketry and fab work myself. I will see if anyone is interested in buying a 'kit' once it is done. This is not a job, it is a hobby of mine. I like racing But if I can help other enthusiasts get what they desire than great!

Thanks alot guys!

-Tim Russell

this system allows you to pull timing and advance timing. easy Japanesy http://www.splitsec.com/index.html

cost about $370

Last edited by Maxwell; 03-03-2008 at 07:04 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:52 PM
Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

For a N/A M112 engine you will need larger (possibly SRT6) injectors to give you adequate fuel delivery.

As to the Super Charger setup, be wary of too much boost as the internals of the N/A engine provide for a higher compression than the SRT6 and so will be more prone to failure at higher boost numbers.

As to the ECU tuning, the Bosch PCM that our vehicles contain are not suited for easy reprogramming. You may want to persue a piggy back system for a SLK 320 or CLK 320. (Almost identical drive lines).

Another option (more $$$) is to go with a Bosch racing PCM that is fully programmable from the get go. HDDP is doing this in his SRT6 Engine swap thread.

Hope that helps. Cheers!

Old 03-04-2008, 01:26 PM

Where is HDDP? I thought he went with a Motec ecu?
Originally Posted by MMZ_TimeLord
For a N/A M112 engine you will need larger (possibly SRT6) injectors to give you adequate fuel delivery.

As to the Super Charger setup, be wary of too much boost as the internals of the N/A engine provide for a higher compression than the SRT6 and so will be more prone to failure at higher boost numbers.

As to the ECU tuning, the Bosch PCM that our vehicles contain are not suited for easy reprogramming. You may want to persue a piggy back system for a SLK 320 or CLK 320. (Almost identical drive lines).

Another option (more $$$) is to go with a Bosch racing PCM that is fully programmable from the get go. HDDP is doing this in his SRT6 Engine swap thread.

Hope that helps. Cheers!

Old 03-04-2008, 02:45 PM

HDDP is on site filming in the desert .Will not be back until Sedptember. Still talking with Bosch as are some more of us. Still trying different stuff

Old 03-04-2008, 04:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I honestly dont know much of anything about these engines but I see no problem with them making a good 400-450.
400-450hp on a stock N/A 10:1 compression engine? My friend, with 4 whole posts on this board, you talk a bigger game than you play.

I'll put $5.00 down that you don't pull this off. I'm in MN too, so I can drop off the money myself. This offer good for 3 years.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by sonoronos
400-450hp on a stock N/A 10:1 compression engine? My friend, with 4 whole posts on this board, you talk a bigger game than you play.

I'll put $5.00 down that you don't pull this off. I'm in MN too, so I can drop off the money myself. This offer good for 3 years.
just becvause he doesn't shoot his mouth off on the forum, doesn't make his less knowlegable than anyone else with higher ratings.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:42 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Maxwell
just becvause he doesn't shoot his mouth off on the forum, doesn't make his less knowlegable than anyone else with higher ratings.
like me? lol

Old 03-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maxwell
Good point. I put down $10.00.

Not saying he can't do it because he has 4 forum posts. I'm saying that for someone who's this new to the forum, that's a big statement to make. It seems like every week there's a new person excited about converting their NA Crossfire to Forced Induction. This is the first poster that has stated hard numbers. Nothing against the guy, but pushing 400-450hp on a stock engine is going to be some work. Even if he can do one dyno run with that much boost pressure on the NA engine would be worth my money, and I'll be there to watch and hand over the prize money!

Until then, it's all talk!

Last edited by sonoronos; 03-04-2008 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-04-2008, 07:09 PM
Forum Regular

one day someone is going to do something... one day... we are just waiting for the boost mesiah to come to us and lead us to 300+ hp ie. the promised land lol

The following users liked this post:
big rich (04-06-2023)
Old 03-04-2008, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by irwin
one day someone is going to do something... one day... we are just waiting for the boost mesiah to come to us and lead us to 300+ hp ie. the promised land lol
gonna have to help your self to that one, I've posted all the answers here on the forum, the question is when will you step up. If you can't do it yourself then House of Power can do it for you.

Quick Reply: ECU Tuning Questions