Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

just think out loud about boosting n/a xfire

Old 05-13-2008, 06:17 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: just think out loud about boosting n/a xfire

I have an Eaton M90 with bypass valve I want to install on mine. I have to find a pulley setup that will underdrive it. Anyone have any ideas or know of a good website? I've already worked out the install of a larger fuel pump and FMU.

Old 05-16-2008, 04:31 AM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have come across some good news, i think...... while searching for more info, ect on this, i ran into LET's web page. alot of the srt6 guys know the name well. anyways, they are located not too far from my area. basically the other side of houston for me. what that means is a local MB tuner that i believe can custom dyno tune my car. i haven't contacted them, so i don't know thier abilities yet but this should make this install a go. i told my wife by next summer my car will have 400+ hp and she of course rolled her eyes ha ha.

anyway back to the subject. looking at sts universal kits. the bulk of the cost is their turbo specifically designed by garret to run off of velocity in stead of that combined with heat. i have never ventured into turbos so i'm learning everything here. they offer 3 kits with each containing more items to make a complete install. you turbo savy guys out there, my question is to you. should i look into just getting their stage 3, or is it more cost effective to by a lower kit and get my other parts elsewhere?

Old 05-16-2008, 01:56 PM
Forum Regular

what is the power supposed to be any idea?, the car really isn't good for more than 400 id say because of the tranny so. . depends, and me personally would buy a complete kit rather than piece together. where is this tuner?

Old 05-16-2008, 02:37 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I haven't felt the need to rush into this, since there are several guys working on a boost kit. I'm really more interested in the v8 swap myself, hopefully Lantana can get the tuners together on this, as a m113 is more desirable than low boost.

Old 05-17-2008, 04:03 AM
Forum Regular

i think the drivetrain is supposed to be good for around 450hp. but you know what, thats the name of the game. look at all the fbody guys that where going through thiers. its not something that would hold me back at this point.

also, a v8 swap is something i'm also looking into to. i'm just setting back and watching. but at this point i have more interest in boost. i have plenty of time to watch other projects develope since i have yet started putting money away for this, and my bills have me stretched out right now. i'm looking at a time line of around a year, having something started or done by the start of next summer. also, who's to say if i get this done i can't still do a v8 swap later anyways with the turbo? i didn't think of that, and then i can find those drivetrain weak spots for sure.

Old 05-17-2008, 09:11 AM

who knows, in a year or two gas may cost $8 a gallon, at that point I'll be looking at an a123 systems upgrade.

Old 05-18-2008, 07:57 AM
Forum Regular

at that point, i'll be driving something else daily and then i can get braver with doing things to this car. maybe i'll start looking at mopeds right now.

Old 05-18-2008, 11:54 AM
Forum Regular

I wish tvt wasnt so caught up in all N/A. yes im very supportive of this but i think he could use his knowledge of the ecu to good use tuning a N/A for boost. I think most of us are lookin for an 8 psi kit for our cars. i believe if he can tune the car with dynos and af ratios for new injectors why cant we give it a shot with a turbo. he has access to all the equipment we just need to take the step and see what we can produce. i also heard somewhere on here that are car could practically almost run 8 psi with no tune. so if tvt adds some fuel (new injectors and tune) why shouldnt we be able to make this work? And the reason im pushing Tvt to do this is because no other company cares for this car like we do beside Tvt. we email all these companies and never get an answer or support??

Last edited by newCrossfire; 05-18-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 05-18-2008, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by newCrossfire
I wish tvt wasnt so caught up in all N/A. yes im very supportive of this but i think he could use his knowledge of the ecu to good use tuning a N/A for boost. I think most of us are lookin for an 8 psi kit for our cars. i believe if he can tune the car with dynos and af ratios for new injectors why cant we give it a shot with a turbo. he has access to all the equipment we just need to take the step and see what we can produce. i also heard somewhere on here that are car could practically almost run 8 psi with no tune. so if tvt adds some fuel (new injectors and tune) why shouldnt we be able to make this work? And the reason im pushing Tvt to do this is because no other company cares for this car like we do beside Tvt. we email all these companies and never get an answer or support??
do a search for the Vortec install thread, it explains that there really is no need fo an ecu tune on the NA car if running low boost. but you do need the injector upgrade for sure.
Also 8 psi might be to high a pressure for the 10.5:1 CR on this engine. unless your using race gas.

Old 05-18-2008, 03:32 PM
Forum Regular

yea your right. but with tune retarding the timing will it fix this problem? more fuel and less timing? 8 psi isnt much. what compression and boost do the srt6 have?

Old 05-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Forum Regular

i'm digging this thread back out.

i'm positive the srt guys are running over 20lbs with larger pullies, and i think their cr is 9:0:1.

Old 05-27-2008, 10:28 AM

I spent 3 months working with Joe at STS about an install of twin remote turbos for my Crossfire Limited before giving up on the project and going to a SRT instead. My install plus injectors and programming was upward of $15,000.00. They were willing to work out a promotional deal for around $8,000.00 and use my car for one of their projects.
Trust me there are better directions to go.
Enjoy the Ride...
Mike

Old 05-27-2008, 12:01 PM

low mpg cars are the new luxury! Cars that only the wealthy could afford to drive

just kidding. but maybe I'm not.

Last edited by sonoronos; 05-27-2008 at 12:15 PM.
Old 05-27-2008, 01:31 PM
Forum Regular

I should have some results to post about my supercharger conversion soon.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:33 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ChuckNorris
I should have some results to post about my supercharger conversion soon.
i'm waiting, good or bad!

Old 05-27-2008, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by sonoronos
low mpg cars are the new luxury! Cars that only the wealthy could afford to drive

just kidding. but maybe I'm not.
hey next year we will be paying $6 a gallon, so you might get deals on high hp cars.

Old 05-27-2008, 06:25 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tashspop
i'm waiting, good or bad!
Hopefully good, I'm still in the process of fabricating intake manifolds, and making the bypass valve functional. I'm also super busy with my small business so it may take a few weeks to get all my ducks in a row.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:16 PM
Forum Regular

what is this about supercharger chucknorris

Old 05-28-2008, 05:56 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tylerxfire
what is this about supercharger chucknorris
I'm in the process of adapting an Eaton M90 from a 3.8L Thunderbird Supercoupe onto my 2004 limited. I'll start a new thread and enlighten whoever is interested soon. Here is a pic of the stock intake manifold next to the supercharger.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg
comparison.jpg (202.5 KB, 10 views)
Old 05-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Forum Regular

not too familiar with supercharging, i am a turbo guy, but i don't see how it will work, where will this go on the manifold, is it a roots style blower

Quick Reply: just think out loud about boosting n/a xfire