Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Mercedes Air Box W/CAI

Old 12-15-2008, 09:56 AM
TVT_DESIGN
Default Re: Mercedes Air Box W/CAI

Ok, well there was a mistake on my part with the pricing. It seems that the Air Box and front cover pieve are two different parts. I just realized this when I received all of our covers in and 2 front pieces. The front piece is $80.00. So all kits have been raised accordingly going forward.

As for the people that have ordered before this price increase, you got a hell of a deal.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:03 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

damn, craziness.
well yeah that's good news for those of us already placed I guess.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:10 PM
FP
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by FP
I'll take the cover off tomorrow and check the numbers. Is your cover a two piece cover? Mine is.
Look at these pics. The one on the left is what I have, the other is from an SLK. They look very similar but if you look close you can see the one on the left is bigger.

FP - mine is not two pieces! Crap! Guess this might mean I'll have to get another. Gee, then I'll have 3 airboxes - one Xfire and two MB - maybe I've just found anew collector hobby

That's why I posted this back when. It's a two piece cover. YES, you guys got a hell of a deal.

Last edited by FP; 12-15-2008 at 01:14 PM.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:37 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whoo! Pulling the trigger early paid off on this one.
By the way...any word on the TVT Emblem release date?

Old 12-15-2008, 03:00 PM
TVT_DESIGN

I knew it was two pieces, but didn't realize that the main part number didn't encompass the whole thing (it should at the price they list it).

With the SL55 set up each piece has it's own PN, but there are PNs that include a grouping of others as well.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:49 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When are they shipping?

Getting antsy do something over Christmas weekend

Old 12-22-2008, 12:28 PM

Has anyone noticed a difference in the sound of the engine with the new airbox? Does it beef it up any?

Old 12-24-2008, 01:04 PM

Its here! Just in time for Christmas!

Thanks TVT_Design!

Old 12-25-2008, 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by TVT_DESIGN
Ok, well there was a mistake on my part with the pricing. It seems that the Air Box and front cover pieve are two different parts. I just realized this when I received all of our covers in and 2 front pieces. The front piece is $80.00. So all kits have been raised accordingly going forward.

As for the people that have ordered before this price increase, you got a hell of a deal.
Do you have the part number for the front piece? I may have some one local who can get MB parts at a discount...

I'll still need the tubes. How does this intake get past the radiator? Do you have to remove/cut/alter anything from stock?
Thanks
Rich

Old 12-25-2008, 05:28 PM

SACETORNC,

I can get you the part numbers once I get back in town from the holidays...I am very impressed with the larger K&N filters....nearly twice as big as XFire stock.

As far as the tubes go, they stop right beside the radiator. I removed the factory tubes and their mounts located beside the radiator. After the holidays I'm going to get a few pcs of tube and run these past the radiator to insure the intake comes from completely in front off the grill. Will post whatever I work out.

So far I really like what this TVT kit is giving me!

Old 12-25-2008, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by jbomar
I removed the factory tubes and their mounts located beside the radiator.

So far I really like what this TVT kit is giving me!
Did you have to cut or perminately alter the anything on the side of the radiator??

Does any one know what year C320 is the donor car for the cover? I'm trying to track down a used one as well...

Last edited by SACETORNC; 12-25-2008 at 05:50 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:40 AM

SACETORNC,

No cutting or permanent mods....yet! The stock tube mounts on either side of the radiator also have inlets for air into the engine compartment with "check valves". I may try to remove the actual stock tube inlet portion and re-install the lower check portion.

The TVT setup really requires no cutting or permanent modification at all.

Old 12-27-2008, 02:25 PM

Update! Installed the injectors and the MB airbox and tubes on Christmas Eve. I went to Jacksonville on Christmas, 182 miles. I enjoyed 28.7 miles/gal during this trip. I nailed it at lest a dozen times, sometimes through 2 or 3 gears, I was trying to get the ECU programed to the car. Also, 25 to 30 miles were in town driving. Jerry at LET is excellent to work with and very knowledgeable to answer any questions you may have about your tune. I drove the car for 5 days, with the tune only and K&N filters, prior to installing the injectors and MB air box. I could definitly fell the differenece in response and pull, however it took at least 3 days for the ECU to perform to the fullest, perhaps 20 HP gain with just the ECU. This is the reason I have not posted results until now. TVT265 is definitly at least a 50 HP gain or .5 seconds minimum. I live in Florida and it has been 80 degrees + for the last week or so, it only drops into the high 50s at night. I have been waiting for the 40s to help program the ECU for a good cold charge, nothing like it to produce HP. I have been racing since 1964 and I can tell you this now feels like a high 13 second ride. I am very satisfied and recommend the MOD, I believe it inhances the value of the car. I am still waiting to receive my 180 thermostat, it must have been backordered. It should cool things down somewhat, cooler charge more HP. I will need to lower the fan temp after I install the thermostat.

Also posted in Group Buy 2 TVT265

Old 01-07-2009, 10:42 AM

So for those of you who made the change, what do you think?

Old 01-09-2009, 08:56 AM

I'm curious to know how difficult the install is? Can anyone provide a write-up?

Old 01-09-2009, 09:40 AM
TVT_DESIGN

It's as simple as pulling the old box off and putting the new box on. Nothing needed to modify and the filters come pre-installed.

Old 01-13-2009, 03:10 PM
Forum Regular

Got mine today

Thank you TVT Design for putting up with my whining

Plug 'n Play....Installed!!!

Last edited by Veloce; 01-15-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 06:26 PM
Forum Regular

Hey Anthony from TVT Design
I have E-mailed a couple of times to find out if you have shipped the Filters and tubes.. but no Reply. Have you shipped them? when did you ship them,? how did you ship them ? What' up
Please get back to me
Bart

Old 01-27-2009, 09:42 AM
Forum Regular

I'd like to point out, the AMG/SRT6 airboxes, coupler tubes and "y" will all fit the N.A. Crossfire just fine. All necessary parts are available via Mopar parts departments. The SRT6 airboxes drop right into place and the "y" pipe in the back just needs to be rotated a bit to mate with the MAF opening. Plenty of flow with this setup and the motor is not covered in a plastic shroud !

Cincinnati Slim

Old 01-27-2009, 02:56 PM
TVT_DESIGN

Originally Posted by Cincinnati Slim
I'd like to point out, the AMG/SRT6 airboxes, coupler tubes and "y" will all fit the N.A. Crossfire just fine. All necessary parts are available via Mopar parts departments. The SRT6 airboxes drop right into place and the "y" pipe in the back just needs to be rotated a bit to mate with the MAF opening. Plenty of flow with this setup and the motor is not covered in a plastic shroud !

Cincinnati Slim
The C320 box will still outflow that set up. The filter and inlet tube area is the same as the SL55 set up.

Quick Reply: Mercedes Air Box W/CAI