Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Wiring Scheme for Stereo in Crossfire ? (Any Tech's know?)

Old 04-01-2004, 10:25 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wiring Scheme for Stereo in Crossfire ? (Any Tech's know?)

What is the wiring scheme for the Crossfire's stereo connector? Im hoping a technician has access to this info, or maybe someone who replaced their stock one with an aftermarket unit. My plan is to only replace the head unit at this point. Of course I want the new unit (JVC) to connect to the stock amp and speakers. Anyone with info? :|

Old 04-02-2004, 06:56 AM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check radio install sites they sell jumper harnesses that go from the factory conn. to the aftermarket conn.

Old 04-02-2004, 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by crossfiretech
Check radio install sites they sell jumper harnesses that go from the factory conn. to the aftermarket conn.
Sure...but so far none I've contacted in MY search had even HEARD of a Crossfire, let alone know what connectors and such are in the factory system.

Old 04-02-2004, 01:22 PM
Forum Regular

The radio connector is pretty much the same on all newer german cars.Your local radio install place probably has the harness and antenna adapters in stock....mine did!

Old 04-02-2004, 01:55 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by David Burns
Sure...but so far none I've contacted in MY search had even HEARD of a Crossfire, let alone know what connectors and such are in the factory system.
If they don't know about the Crossfire just ask for info on the 2003 Mercedes SLK320. :wink:

Old 04-02-2004, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by SeaXfire
If they don't know about the Crossfire just ask for info on the 2003 Mercedes SLK320. :wink:
Of course...good plan to TRY SLK-320 for anything Crossfire... but, you guarantee they're wired the same? SLK-320 has a Bose system, Crossfire has an Infinity system.

Old 04-02-2004, 03:11 PM
Forum Regular

Go to best buy, they will have a Radio Installation Bay.

Have them take the 2 radio keys for a Mercedies and pop your radio out. Once they disconnect the harnesses, they can take the deck over to there wall of wire harness kits, and match it up.

Chances are it is identical to the SLK320, as they wouldn't rewire the harness from the amp to the radio just for a mfr change on the deck.

Old 04-02-2004, 03:24 PM
Forum Regular

If you show any good radio install guy the back of your radio he should know what to give you.Your also going to need the removal keys to get it out.You might be better off having them do the swap for you.If your looking for one of us to track down all the part #'s for you....I don't think thats going to happen!

Old 04-02-2004, 08:48 PM

The radio connector is pretty much the same on all newer german cars.Your local radio install place probably has the harness and antenna adapters in stock....mine did!
Yes, I know I can find the connector, people say that there is a connector for VW that works fine (Scosche VW01B or VW01).

SLK-320 has a Bose system, Crossfire has an Infinity system.
Actually the Crossfire has a Becker Head Unit, Infinity makes the amp and speakers I believe.

If you show any good radio install guy the back of your radio he should know what to give you.Your also going to need the removal keys to get it out.You might be better off having them do the swap for you.If your looking for one of us to track down all the part #'s for you....I don't think thats going to happen!
I will probably purchase the Scosche one so I don't need the part number/s, I just wanted to know if the wire colors were going to match what the VW connector says they are....for instance, if the VW connector has a red wire (and says its hot positive) when it mates with the Crossfire connector, will the wires really connect what should connect. I don't want things going to the wrong place if you know what I mean. Thats why I was hoping someone could post a diagram of the Crossfire connector and show what each pin is expecting. This would help me install the head unit myself. Thanks for all info, and any more anyone might have :lol:

Old 04-03-2004, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by Danwell
Thats why I was hoping someone could post a diagram of the Crossfire connector and show what each pin is expecting. This would help me install the head unit myself. Thanks for all info, and any more anyone might have :lol:
I'm a do-it-yourself kind of guy too, and was hoping one of those folks who bought the "service manual" would look through it to see if there's diagrams. And then find a way to post 'em.
:wink:

Old 04-03-2004, 06:09 AM
Forum Regular

If your a do-it-yourself kinda guy invest in the manual.It has the wiring diagrams in it.

Old 04-03-2004, 09:09 PM

If your a do-it-yourself kinda guy invest in the manual.It has the wiring diagrams in it.
....Um, okay. Whats the part number of the manual then. Also how much does it cost. Anyone with real info?

WMichaels: Didn't you buy one off of Ebay? Was it worth it?

Old 04-04-2004, 06:14 AM

Yes I got one. It has everything I'll ever need to know in it's 3307 pages. $49.95 on Ebay. He is in Canada and shipping is pretty slow. It took about 4 weeks to get it. I was begining to think I had been ripped off. It appears to be a copy but it has everything.

Old 04-04-2004, 11:06 AM
Forum Regular

I have one of those copy manuals also. I will take a look tomorrow and see if it has any wiring info for the pin configurations.

Old 04-04-2004, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by jsisabella
I have one of those copy manuals also. I will take a look tomorrow and see if it has any wiring info for the pin configurations.
8) Hey, that would be great!! I was scouring the net recently to find the answer and came up with the following. Maybe you could see if this is correct. Its for the SLK but should maybe be for the Crossfire also :?:

Info below is from http://www.slk32.com/pages/radioupgr...ioinstall.html

>>>>>>>>EDIT: Don't follow this!! CHECK MY NEXT POST BELOW>>>>

Wiring color codes on the Mercedes harness:
Brown = Ground
Pink w/ yellow stripe & green dots = 12v ignition
Gray w/ blue stripe = Illumination
Blue w/ white stripe = Amp turn on lead
Red w/ green stripe = 12v constant
Yellow w/ green stripe = ? (Unknown)
Green w/ white stripe = ? (Unknown)
Blue w/ red stripe = Left front negative
Blue = Left front positive
Yellow w/ brown stripe = Right front negative
Yellow = Right front positive

The following users liked this post:
Adasher1 (11-20-2022)
Old 04-05-2004, 10:40 PM

Ultra cool thanks to Jsisabella for Emailing the 5 pages to me pertaining to the audio system. (If anyone wants them I can forward them if u message me) Anyway, its slightly more complicated than Japanese and American cars ive dealt with in the past. Here is what Ive gathered from the info so-far. The Power stuff is easy, double check me if u wish

Brown = Ground
Pink/Yellow/Green = 12v Ignition
Grey/Blue = Radio Lamp (when headlights on)
Blue/Green = Amp on signal
Red/Green = 12v always on

Yellow/Green is for Data Link, probably for checking radio electronics? Probably shouldn't use on aftermarket head unit.

page 3 shows the audio connections but didn't make much sense because Im used to each audio out having its own two wires. Maybe the car uses frame ground for the other half of the signal? Ive never dealt with euro auto stereo systems. Anyone?

The following users liked this post:
Adasher1 (11-20-2022)
Old 04-06-2004, 05:03 PM
Forum Regular
Old 04-06-2004, 08:40 PM

Thanks, DFWSBR that page shows the whole stereo system on one sheet which is cool, but it doesn't have a legend with it. Do you have that? Im so baffled at how the audio is wired from the radio to the amp. It shows only four wires leaving the radio. Anyone know what is what on the four wires?

Old 04-20-2004, 06:34 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Danwell
Yellow/Green is for Data Link, probably for checking radio electronics? Probably shouldn't use on aftermarket head unit.
Yellow / green is for cell phone mute.

I assumed the subs behind the seats were rear channel, however there are no wires for it?

Anyone know how to get the subs to work? Are they tied into the fronts? I don't have as much bass as I used to. :?

Old 04-21-2004, 08:15 AM

Sorry- I do not have time to research in depth here... but here is my two cents worth...

There is no rear channel.. The speakers all run off the front channel- Thus no Fader on the radio. The subs are simply subs, and require no fader or rear outputs..

Quick Reply: Wiring Scheme for Stereo in Crossfire ? (Any Tech's know?)