Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

kills

Old 04-19-2004, 02:29 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default kills

well i dunno what the reprecusions are for saying this, but i raced and beat two preludes today, both 2001's. one of them is my friends, he has headers, intake and exhaust, as well as nos, but thats not hooked up right now. as for the other im not sure, all i could see was his big fat exhaust tip. i took them with no problem, about 3 car lengths between 65-90, and i wasnt even pushing to redline because my car is not broken in. nevertheless, it was cool and at least i know my car is faster than my roomates, WAY faster, not even broken in.
mike

black xfire
6 speed

Old 04-19-2004, 11:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its all dependant on the racer IMO... I stumped a Turbo'ed GTI the first week I had my car... my buddy in his vette was completely impressed at the 0 - 40 of my car compared to his... I hung with the vette for a bit haha... like I said before I beat a Rx8 just because the driver didnt know what he was doing... M3s for some reason seem like nothing to my car... but yet again it must be the driver that is operating them... I make it clear when I'm gonna race someone... you roll down the window and say "0 - 60" or something like that.. just so they 100% know your doing it... I hate the head nod ... wtf does that mean? race or just hello?! ... but either way... its all the racer... I mean look at 2 Fast 2 Furious for an example ... a Lancer Evo and a Mit. Spyder Eclipse beat a viper, a BMW, sup'ed up Tang, and two bad *** muscle cars... and we all know 2 fast 2 furious is realistic!!!! LOL !!! ... okay bad example but you get my meaning

I love the Crossfire and I believe it is very fast ...

Old 04-19-2004, 12:05 PM

If you really want to see how that car and your driving abilities stack up against others take it to an Autocross...... It's legal, safe and a Blast!!!

My next one is May 2 (SCCA SOLOII) with another one the following weekend on Mother's Day (Beachcomber's Corvette Club).

Old 04-19-2004, 12:14 PM

I know I wanta do it... ill be back at my rents house for the summer and I was talking to them about it... my mom was actually like... ill pay for your training in that ... it sounds fun ! So I think ill take up her word on that one and just focus on school and SCCA driving this summer ! would be a blast!

Old 04-19-2004, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by BobaFettm
I know would be a blast!
There's no doubt that you will like it. If you are into cars and driving them.... It's the most fun you can have with your cloths on. :lol:

Old 04-19-2004, 11:00 PM

dont be suprised that you beat an rx8, like i said in another thread, most people are running mid 15's in the quarter mile. power was way way way overated. they are putting down about 175 at the wheels. they are rated at 238.

Old 04-19-2004, 11:27 PM
Forum Regular

What does technical modifications have to do with illegal street racing?

Autocross is a good entry level form of racing. If you can afford it, try to do some speed trials on a road course. If you are into drag racing, hit the 1/4 mile track.

Keep it off the streets kids. I don't want to sell this car a year from now because cops assume I'm going to do something stupid.

Old 04-20-2004, 01:30 AM

its funny about the comments about street racing seeing as how no one knows where i raced. also, there should be a competition forum, we are maybe the only forum without space for competition topics.

Old 04-20-2004, 03:11 AM

yah they did kinda call ya a street racer there x'ed...

I know I beat the Rx8 cuz of the driver... because i know the driver LOL ! right after i pulled away twice i recieve a phone call stating... "Okay.. i need to work on my launches" ... haha! I still love the Rx8 very much! and i know it could kick my *** in the right hands! but ill stick to my Xfire

Clothes off WM?! Your missing some great on clothes sex then... LOL

I still believe the best adrenaline rush is speedball paintball but thats my past time...

Old 04-20-2004, 06:17 AM

Originally Posted by DFWSBR
Autocross is a good entry level form of racing.
It's a good exit level too. I started racing when I was 6 years old and raced full Midgets and Sprint cars until 1972 when I was in the Army stationed at Ft. Meade. Md. and was racing my Sprint in York, Pa. and was injured in a wreck. The Army gave me a choice.... They said I could continue to fly and get paid.... Or I could continue to race and leave the Army. I had bills to pay and a brand new Baby at home so that was the end of my racing. Except for some local drag racing until they closed the track. Now at 53 Autocross is filling that need very nicely.

Old 04-20-2004, 07:40 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by WMichaels
It's a good exit level too.
I guess I got a sour taste in my mouth due to the SCCA political crap. They start nit picking and making up rules the second you start taking out some of there top drivers. I love just going out and running the car. I only wish sponsors would pick up a guy like me and run, say, a competition viper coupe? :arrow: :lol:

>> :? dreaming!

Road racing is too damn expensive for the average guy. Hell race tires alone kill ya, track fees, parts, broken parts, motors, etc. =/

I picked up a kart, I'll see how expensive that gets. Meanwhile it sits in the garage :roll:

Old 04-20-2004, 08:23 AM

I had to deal with all the political crap in USAC and in California (where I used to race at Ascot Park) CRA.... Back in the 60s and early 70s if your name wasn't Parnelli Jones, Johnny Rutherford, Andretti, Foyt, or J. C. Agajenian you didn't have a voice.

At this level it's just all about fun. That's why I'm doing it. It's like golf to me... It's a mini vacation.

I do have to say that I like the courses that the Corvette club sets up. the gates are further apart and the courses are much faster. The SCCA courses are much tighter courses. I guess that's why only a few Vettes are running the SCCA SOLOII and are doing their own. That's great for me because I can run pretty good on either course.

Old 04-20-2004, 08:47 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by WMichaels
the gates are further apart and the courses are much faster.
Maybe I should give the BM / Porsche Auto X club out here a try. I have heard the same thing about them. I won't give SCCA another dollar of my money.

Old 04-20-2004, 03:28 PM

bobafettm, im telling you , xfire owners need not fear the rx8, we can destroy those cars. no one can launch them right because the only good way to launch them is to drop the clutch at 8k, and the only guy who did this, judge ito, a long time rx7 tuner and racer, broke his tranny on his way to running a 14.2. the fastest time on rx8club besides that is a 14.8, and other than that they are all well into the 15's. even your auto stick would hang with a decent launch.

mike
black xfire
6speed