Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

roadster roof help for anybody in the future

Old 07-08-2013, 09:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default roadster roof help for anybody in the future

after many hours of research i was never able to find anything that helped.

my roof light was blinking fast off and on for maybe 2 years and today was the second time in this year i drove the car sorry to say it was to trade it in after not being able to get the roof to go up or down at my house i tinkered with the car. i disconnected the trunk divider switch and put a wire in the clip and problem solved roof goes up and down as it should. so if anybodys light is blinking fast (mine had no beeps) its most likely the sensor.

dont be sad i sent the crossfire off with a nice victory. some guy in a new scion fsr (stickers still on the windows, what a tool !!!!!) thought he was slick cuts in front of me trying to race and showoff before an exit ramp at 45mph in and exiting at 25 couldnt pull away. we get onto the entrance merge tried to pull away again if he even remotely let off the gas his back bumper would have looked alot like my front bumper. FSR down! guy must have been pissed his new 23k car couldnt beat an 8yr old xfire!

thanks everybody for all the help over the years i had my car. this site has solved most problems i had (minus roof blinking red light) hopefully my post can help somebody else in the future since nobody ever seems to post results to there questons

Last edited by Spyder3000gtVR4; 07-08-2013 at 09:56 PM. Reason: because im awsome, your welcome
Old 07-08-2013, 10:04 PM
Default Re: roadster roof help for anybody in the future

Cool story about the frs! Was yours a normal roadster or the srt6 roadster?

Old 07-09-2013, 07:42 AM
Administrator
Received 903 Likes on 704 Posts

Originally Posted by Spyder3000gtVR4
thanks everybody for all the help over the years i had my car. this site has solved most problems i had (minus roof blinking red light) hopefully my post can help somebody else in the future since nobody ever seems to post results to there questons
Tell me about it.

This gets to us, too.

Old 07-27-2013, 02:46 PM

My light is blinking on and off with no bleep, it does it continuously even when I'm driving, is this the same problem.

Full story: my roof was down yesterday and I put it back up, it just stopped around 3-5 inches before it clips in, I got out of the car and tried to push it down, I couldn't it was too hard to do, so as my partner pushed the roof up button I pushed it that final bit and it clipped in. All this time my spoiler was up.

I put the spoiler down later last night with no problems.

I got in the car this morning raised the manual bit and the windows went down as it should the click sound was present and the motor noise followed, but the roof didn't move, the motor noise stopped. I then pressed the roof up button it didn't make a noise except the beep to let me know the roof was up ( it didn't need to go up because it was already up)

Later today I took the car to my dads who thinks he knows about cars, turned off the hydrolics by turning the car on pressing the roof down button till it stopped making the motor sound turned the ignition off continued to press the roof down button for 5 seconds you hear a click noise which I assume is the hydrolics being turned off, played about with the tool for the manual override down the gap on the rear found that bolt that you can turn turned it to the left nothing happened, as the roof was up, and the clip needs to be released first, where the back window is, so we went in the boot unscrewed the mechanism couldn't get it off tho, turned a star shaped screw and a bolt moved to the left, guess this is what releases the clip, but it didn't, it was solid in there the mechanism wouldn't drop off, did it all back up, light started flashing continuously, windows wouldn't go down when you manually unlock to roof as they usually do,
took battery off for 30mins then connected it again, windows go down roof made the click noise and motor noise, but roof didnt move.

Oh and I just noticed my spoiler isn't going up down.

Please help!

My partner just lost his job, I can't afford garage prices, especially in London.

I'm so upset as I was regrettably supposed to put my car up for sale, but I doubt I would get much for a 05 reg with the roof not working!

Please please please someone out there must know something!

Last edited by Skyea10; 07-27-2013 at 02:52 PM.