Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Just Curious

Old 06-06-2018, 06:05 PM
Received 351 Likes on 310 Posts
Default Just Curious

Because my Crossfire is 13+ years old and I wanted the alarm to chirp, I just replaced it with the new one. It is much nicer not having to watch for the flashing lights. What I an curious about is since I changed the alarm siren I have noticed that if I turn my alarm off but do not start my car that the alarm sets and doors lock, by themselves, after about 2 minutes. This is not a bad thing because if you forget to lock it it will lock itself but whatever you do don't leave the key in the ignition. I never noticed this before. Is it just because the chirp has alerted me to something I never noticed before or has something changed? If I start the car and turn it off this does not seem to occur. Any feedback would be appreciated.
THANKS

Old 06-06-2018, 06:15 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Just Curious

can't give you any feedback other than to say mine's been like that since day 1

Old 06-06-2018, 07:55 PM
Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ZERACER
Because my Crossfire is 13+ years old and I wanted the alarm to chirp, I just replaced it with the new one. It is much nicer not having to watch for the flashing lights. What I an curious about is since I changed the alarm siren I have noticed that if I turn my alarm off but do not start my car that the alarm sets and doors lock, by themselves, after about 2 minutes. This is not a bad thing because if you forget to lock it it will lock itself but whatever you do don't leave the key in the ignition. I never noticed this before. Is it just because the chirp has alerted me to something I never noticed before or has something changed? If I start the car and turn it off this does not seem to occur. Any feedback would be appreciated.
THANKS
Seems there IS some auto locking feature that can be enabled. It's in the owners manual. You are not talking about the click unlock from outside the car but don't open a door and the car relocks itself are you? That is slightly different than the other auto lock.

Old 06-06-2018, 10:16 PM
Received 560 Likes on 470 Posts

Not sure I understand when you say turn off the alarm.
If everything is working well then you will not be able to lock the car with the key in the ignition.
If it was possible to lock one or the other in the car you would have in your hand the one you used to lock the car with. You could then use it to open the car.
If the car automatically relocked because you did not open the door it would not be possible to have locked the key in the car because you needed it outside the car to lock it, and opening the door to put the key in the car would cancel the auto locking feature, you could throw the key through an open window of the locked car but that would be just plain dumb.

Old 06-07-2018, 11:01 AM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Im lost...but if you unlock the car with the FOB an do not open a door or the hatch , within 30 seconds ,it relocks itself.

Old 06-07-2018, 11:21 AM

Thank you for the input. I will attempt to clarify with an example. I unlocked the car with the key FOB and used the hood latch to unlock the hood. The doors were closed as I checked the oil. While under the hood I hear the alarm cherp once and hear the doors lock. I was about 2 minutes from when I unlocked the car. It may have always done this however I never noticed because there was no audible before. I had to used the FOB to re-enter the car after checking the oil and ??? I'm sure it is a feature I never noticed.

Old 06-07-2018, 11:37 AM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Did you open the driver's door to release the hood ? If not, then it is normal for the car to lock again after being remotely unlocked if the driver's door is not opened within 2 minutes or so.

Old 06-07-2018, 12:36 PM

Yep, I opened the driver door to unlock the hood but did not start it. I closed the door and went under the hod when I heard the beep and the locks set. I never noticed this occurrence before.

Old 06-07-2018, 01:04 PM
Received 153 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by ZERACER
Yep, I opened the driver door to unlock the hood but did not start it. I closed the door and went under the hod when I heard the beep and the locks set. I never noticed this occurrence before.
That ain't right. It should relock if you DON'T open the drivers door.

Old 06-07-2018, 03:41 PM

HMMMMM!!! Now I better check it out.