Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

DRB III Emulator?

Old 11-10-2022, 07:08 PM
Received 149 Likes on 115 Posts
Default Re: DRB III Emulator?

Thank you

suggestions appreciated.
I’m in the process of reloading the Witech software as per instructions on the link below. I’ve just checked the OBD PORT and all of the wires are intact.

If I click the Micropod on the list it automatically takes me to the next page. I do not have to click on next.
will review the URL shortcut I’ve added to the desk top. I copied and pasted the exact link from this thread.

I may need to reach out to the seller OBD365

It just has to be something missing on the install

the disc also contains a Separate file with the DRB Emulator installers. Do these need to be run or just run as per instructions in the program files

Do I need to update both DRB and K stub via flexnet updater after installation of should I bypass this part and leave the installers as is from the program? I’m going to assume if they’re in the 17.4 Witech installer then they should be good to run the program without updates.
could the emulator updates be casing my issue?

Thanks again for the sage wisdom.

it’s winter here now so I have a few months to work it out.

Old 11-10-2022, 07:14 PM
Received 470 Likes on 227 Posts

Make sure you do NOT update Witech online! Be sure you are not using any of the 15.x versions.

Old 11-11-2022, 08:17 PM
Received 553 Likes on 438 Posts

Originally Posted by ArtS
Some of the steps you outlined as well as how you attempted to launch the emulator are very different from what I did to get mine running on a Win7 Pro 64 bit laptop.
For example. you mentioned changing folder parameters as well and editing a file in Notepad. Also, you mention trying to launch from the connection wizard, which I don't need to do to launch mine. I followed the instructions mentioned here and it just worked with only the steps provided: How to install DRBIII Emulator for Micropod 2 on Windows 7 Pro 32-bit | OBDII365.com Official Blog

That being said, I tried to reinstall everything on a different laptop a couple of months back and encountered the 404 error you mentioned when trying to update the WiTECH software. I'm not sure if that would keep it from running correctly so I just took a different path and transferred the disk image from my old to new laptop.
I followed the instructions in the link posted above & the software loaded & worked for me.

I've also attached an instruction document that I got from someone somewhere if updating the WiTech software is needed. However, I've never updated the software since I loaded it on the laptop I use.

Attached Files
Old 11-12-2022, 12:08 PM

Thank you for all of the suggestions

im working on it again today (and possibly tomorrow)

Will get back with updates.

Old 12-24-2022, 09:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just setup a new Windows 7 32-bit laptop and installed all the software. I installed the 17.04.27. The CD had the older version and this newer version. The website suggested to install the newer version.
When the DRBiii app comes up, I tried to select the Passive Restraint system to try to reset my SRS light. I receive an error "NO RESPONSE from ORC pin 13".

Has anyone seen this before by chance? I have heard a lot about a solder fix to the MicroPod, but mine is new and I thought these were now fixed.

Old 12-24-2022, 10:43 AM

It's all the newer ones that aren't fixed. Also software version is quite important. Your car is now old. Use the software that is known to work with it.

Old 12-24-2022, 03:04 PM

Thank you for your response. I removed the software and installed the earlier version that came on the CD. I also completed the soldering mod to the MicroPod. I am still getting the same error when I try to scan for the SRS. I suppose it is telling me that my SRS module is bad. No response from ORC pin 13. I am not sure what pin 13 is. I need to see if there is a fuse for the Occupant Restraint Controller. All this was working fine and suddenly my SRS light came on. It has not had any airbags deployed and no airbags were disconnected.

I did notice that when installing the DRB stub, it installed easily but gave a 404 error when looking for an update. Not sure if this is normal or not.

Old 12-25-2022, 08:12 PM

Pin 13 Yellow is to the occupant restraint controller
I’m currently going through OBD Reader issues and have just gone through the wires (many times)
page 772 service manual

The following 2 users liked this post by UrbanE:
GraphiteGhost (12-26-2022), pnewstead (12-26-2022)
Old 12-27-2022, 05:16 PM

I disconnected my battery and took out the center console to get to my ORC. When I disconnected the plug from the unit, I noticed the plug has 3 rows of 28 pins and the Crossfire Service Manual only shows 2 rows of 25 pins. I downloaded a 2007 Crossfire service manual, but the plug in the manual is still the same, a 50 pin plug. Am I looking at the wrong plug? I am trying to test voltages and resistances on the plug to see why my SRS light is on. I have included below a picture from the manual, as well as a picture of my ORC plug. Has anyone worked on this before? Thank you.

3 rows of 28 ins

2 rows of 25 pins?

Old 01-17-2023, 11:39 PM

I’ve finally been able to get my emulator to run
I was attempting to run it on a 64 bit laptop win 7 pro.
Tried, two different laptops both 64 bit. Both were unsuccessful.

I then acquired a win 7 32 bit laptop, set it up exactly the same. Presto, it worked
OBD 365 said the best option was Win 7 64 bit. I couldn’t get the 64 bit to see the emulator.

I’ve read here on the forum that a few of you were able to run Win 10 and Win XP. I sure would like to hear how you guys were able to get it to run on a platform other than Win 7 32 bit.

Old 01-18-2023, 12:57 AM
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanE
I’ve finally been able to get my emulator to run
I was attempting to run it on a 64 bit laptop win 7 pro.
Tried, two different laptops both 64 bit. Both were unsuccessful.

I then acquired a win 7 32 bit laptop, set it up exactly the same. Presto, it worked
OBD 365 said the best option was Win 7 64 bit. I couldn’t get the 64 bit to see the emulator.

I’ve read here on the forum that a few of you were able to run Win 10 and Win XP. I sure would like to hear how you guys were able to get it to run on a platform other than Win 7 32 bit.
Hello,

I am very happy to hear you were able to get the software running successfully. When I first tried to do this, about four years ago, the manufacturer told me to only use win 7 32 bit or win XP. I ordered a used laptop that happened to come with win 7 pro 64 bit. I was able to get the software to run, but I needed to do some "tweeking" with Adobe Air. I can't even remember now what exactly I did, but it involved changing the information stored in one or more memory locations. After that, everything worked fine. So, I have always recommended that others stay with win 7 32 bit or win XP, if they can. Because that is what is recommended to me by the manufacturer. You got yours working with win 7 32 bit, and I know others have done this as well. Great Job!

John

Old 01-18-2023, 09:45 AM

IIRC, it's the version of Adobe AIR that you have to run that comes into play on the newer vs older OS's. I'm running Win10 x64 on mine, without issue. I didn't do anything magical.

Old 01-18-2023, 09:49 AM

Also, for *everyone* considering a Micropod, while they are cheap, they are a temperamental bandaid on working with the Crossfire, at best. If you have other Chrysler products, then go with the Micropod. If you might sway towards Mercedes now or in the future, do yourself a favor, and get a knockoff Xentry/Star Diagnostic System C4. Do a search, you will find the device and a whole laptop available in the $500-800 range on Alibaba and others. This is the native tool for the platform. All of the Chrysler tools were square pegs in a round hole, trying their best to speak the Mercedes language of these cars.

The following users liked this post:
redsnake (11-25-2023)
Old 01-18-2023, 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by nemiro
IIRC, it's the version of Adobe AIR that you have to run that comes into play on the newer vs older OS's. I'm running Win10 x64 on mine, without issue. I didn't do anything magical.

I’m all ears. Are you able to share your version of Adobe Air?

was that the only difference??

Old 01-18-2023, 10:16 AM

It's a real old one. I'll dig out the computer later today and look at the version.

Old 01-18-2023, 10:54 AM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by UrbanE
I’m all ears. Are you able to share your version of Adobe Air?

was that the only difference??
I'm running it on Win7 X64. My Adobe air version is 19.0.0.190

Old 01-18-2023, 02:17 PM

This is the AdobeAIRInstaller distributed with the manufacturers package. I used it to run with win 7 64 bit. I will be happy to send the disk, with all the software to anyone who wants it. For free evaluation, of course.

Attached Files
File Type: zip
AdobeAIRInstaller.zip (17.35 MB, 21 views)
Old 01-18-2023, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by John&Terry
This is the AdobeAIRInstaller distributed with the manufacturers package. I used it to run with win 7 64 bit. I will be happy to send the disk, with all the software to anyone who wants it. For free evaluation, of course.
Thank you SIR!!!!!

I'm going to load and try this on my 64Bit machine. Will update after attempt

Old 01-18-2023, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by John&Terry
Holly carpoly
it worked , I can’t believe it, your adobe file must be the magic pill
Windows 10 with all updates
64 bit laptop
I installed:
AdobeAir file kindly provided by John &Terry
the Java file that was on the disc with the micropod
the older Witech version on the disc 17.03
did the updates via flexnet.
BTW there is no update or the DRB emulator only a 404 error but there is an update for the enhanced emulator

Followed the steps and it’s an easy install.

I wish I was smart enough to have asked this question before I bought another laptop.
I can now run both 32 bit and 64 bit on 2 different machines

I also have a spare set
I have another win 7 64 bit laptop and a second micropod that I’ll get running as a set

when they’re synced, I’ll post them in Matketplace

the screenshots were from win 10 64 bit laptop

R,
you were right

Old 01-18-2023, 08:03 PM

Hello,
Glad to hear all is well. This software is what was included with my Micropod II from the manufacturer. I'm glad you tried something new and were able to make it work. We all have been able to learn from each other's experiences on this DRB III Emulator. BTW, when I tried this about four years ago there were mostly comments that it wasn't supposed to work at all. Couldn't be done. Then I read the article, written by a Crossfire owner, that said essentially: "yes, this will work if you do certain things and here is what I did". Now, you have been able to add your own improvements. And others have also added a lot to the knowledge base. Many people now have access to a relatively low cost diagnostic tool for their Crossfires. It isn't perfect, but it can do quite a bit. Thank you everyone for all your efforts and input. What a great group!
John

Last edited by John&Terry; 01-19-2023 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Change quantity

Quick Reply: DRB III Emulator?