Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

all quiet in the western front

Old 12-20-2019, 11:23 AM
Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Default all quiet in the western front

when i was searching for a replacement of my car, became interested on the crossfire because i always liked it and now was available at a very affordable price. then when searching for more data i discovered this forum and began asking questions-even before i purchased it. soon began to find answers-and coarse posts too. i deal only with nice fellows, so was shocked to find this kind of people here. the worst ever was at this thread:https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post933995, where only the final post from pizzaguy ( a nice guy) brought the answer and a full explanation and did not insult me (tbirdtony was also helpful).
i have learned enough to not ask more questions on the open. i did so because i believe that there are more chances to get the best answer, so now i ask only private messages to those who are knowledgeable-and polite.
i want to thank you all who have helped me. and as i have those who have been nasty on my " ignore" list, i will not see what they post here-thanks God for this "ignore" feature.
it seems that there are no more posts that bring anything useful, as i said on the title of this post, all seems quiet here.
perhaps now and then, some1 with knowledge and manners may bring something else...
the forum has brought lots of data and links. it is a gold mine of information.

Last edited by phil alvirez; 12-20-2019 at 11:02 PM.
Old 12-21-2019, 06:12 AM
Forum Regular
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Re: all quiet in the western front

Hi Phil, I met you at the Woodward cruise in Detroit this past summer. I'm the guy who took the "scenic" route with you and your son back to the hotel. LOL. All is good. We all get rubbed the wrong way sometimes by what someone else says. Its easy for words being written in an internet forum to be understood by people differently. I've noticed this especially between individuals from different countries trying to understand what each other is saying. The other thing I see quite often is that some members who have been around for a long time answer the same questions over and over as "new" members show up and are trying to learn about their cars. The other day I read about someone asking what the "Sticky Key Fix" was all about and I thought to myself (oh good grief...here we go again) but we have to remember that this information is indeed brand new to some people. I remember asking the same questions. Anyway, don't take things too personally. People are people. Not everyone gets alone with everyone else. Hope to see you again at another Crossfire event.