Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Throttle bodies and Intercooler Cap.

Old 03-09-2023, 08:35 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Arrow Throttle bodies and Intercooler Cap.

I've searched and searched and most people with these superchargers get a ported throttle body and upgrade it and such, however I was wondering if you could use the normal m112 throttle body on the m112k engine? Doing a comparison they look very similar however I don't know if the mating surface is bigger or larger. Also, I plan on doing custom cooling, does anyone know the capacity of the garret intercooler that sits under the supercharger?

Old 03-10-2023, 03:27 PM
Received 188 Likes on 156 Posts
Default Re: Throttle bodies and Intercooler Cap.

The throttle body from the factory is the same body used on the m112 and m112k; same part number, same body. Those looking to open it up generally use the m113 throttle body as it bolts right on, but has larger throat/opening.
The super charger from the factory is piped into the cars cooling system: so the capacity is the cars per specs for cooling.(engine, radiator, reservoir tank) If you separate the super charger cooling as an independent isolated system including the small radiator, pump and hoses you at looking at under 1/2 gallon in the whole system. Some people have added after market larger radiator for the super charger and also a small tank so their capacity is a bit larger. If you are just talking the intercooler itself it isn't even a pint, probably closer to 8 oz.
Non of that info is actual by measurement, just from my experience isolating the cooling on my SRT6.
There is a gent in Germany who actually has two cooling radiators for his SRT6; One is in the normal location and the other is under the car near the transmission and he is running a larger pump.

Old 03-11-2023, 02:34 PM
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you so much <3 I greatly appreciate all of the info, you guys are awesome as usual and are very helpful, I will be trying to do an isolated system and order the parts I need!

Old 03-11-2023, 06:01 PM
Received 66 Likes on 51 Posts

the throttle body on the base/limited crossfires (m112) has a smaller I.D. and different part number than the SRT6 (m112k) throttle body. the SRT6 throttle body can be swapped over to the base/limited engines as it is a direct fit as far as the O.D.
https://www.needswings.com/throttle-body-upgrade-m112

the SRT6's can be upsized to a later generation mercedes v8 throttle body with an even larger bore. we have a conversion kit for that at
https://www.needswings.com/needswing...e-body-upgrade

Old 04-16-2023, 01:21 AM
Received 86 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by NeedsWings
the throttle body on the base/limited crossfires (m112) has a smaller I.D. and different part number than the SRT6 (m112k) throttle body. the SRT6 throttle body can be swapped over to the base/limited engines as it is a direct fit as far as the O.D.
https://www.needswings.com/throttle-body-upgrade-m112

the SRT6's can be upsized to a later generation mercedes v8 throttle body with an even larger bore. we have a conversion kit for that at
https://www.needswings.com/needswing...e-body-upgrade
What are the gains/benefits of using a larger throttle body on the SRT? I saw some clear differences on my NA but I hear split opinions on the SRT.
Also, I vaguely remember someone posting about adding a Hellcat TB to their Crossfire. Is that a thing?