Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

cps , after 3 no luck . Now it's igniting at a tone wheel and pulse ring could be a

Old 09-25-2023, 04:17 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cps , after 3 no luck . Now it's igniting at a tone wheel and pulse ring could be a

Well I have a problem. I've tried 3 different cps and I'm still not getting it to start. I have a 2004 crossfire . I've read everything I can on this and currently following steps in service manual. I have 2.4 v to connector as the service manual says to both wires. So it then tells me that I need to repair or replace tone wheel /pulse ring. I'm not a mechanic by trade but I can see that there is something besides my crank sensor wrong. I can wire my fuel pump straight to battery and car will start and I can drive it. But this has been goin on a month or so. Only time I'd wire fuel pump was when it would stall and leave me with no other choice. Well now or the last time I tried to get it to start I ouldnt get it to start with that method . I do have the Bosch sensor in.and I took a telescopic camera and I can see where the motor is turning over inside where sensor goes. Bit I have no rpms at all and it just cranks . By following service manual it says the tone wheel and pulse ring thing. What the heck is all that about. I've researched this for about 15 mins and some of what I've read.is talking about a speed sensor . I hope this isn't saying I have to get inside the motor. I'm at a loss . Help please

Old 09-25-2023, 09:15 AM
Received 351 Likes on 310 Posts
Default Re: cps , after 3 no luck . Now it's igniting at a tone wheel and pulse ring could be

Probably the RCM. Replace it and send the old one to DJ for rebuild and keep it for a spare. The relays go bad, and one controls the fuel pump. What made you think it was the CPS?

Old 10-02-2023, 12:39 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: cps , after 3 no luck . Now it's igniting at a tone wheel and pulse ring could be

Well it was the code that came up .and after each one I replaced it would run for a week. Then all the sudden it would stall and not start. I'm afraid to get to far from house with it at anytime. I have the fuel pump hot wired where if it does stall I can at least start it to move it. Thanks for your reply. Sorry it took me this long to reply