Troubleshooting & Technical Questions & Modifications Have technical or modification questions about the Crossfire? Find out the answer, or give advice in here!

Website question

Old 01-29-2006, 11:00 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Website question

I am wondering if there would be interest in a web site dedicated to Mods and after market parts for the Crossfire? I know there is a section on the forum for those kinds of things; however I was thinking of something a bit more specialized. Dealing only with Mods and part recommendations. Such as, what is the best head unit for the sound system? What internal and external appearance mods are the best, and recommended? A one stop shop for Crossfire mods. That sort of thing. Thoughts?

This is a repost from my site. I know we have this section of the forum. I think that a site to pull all this information together in one place would be useful. Say that you want to know what the "community" recommended head unit would be. You'd head to this site, go to that category, and there it would be. Preferably with a linked howto for the install. This would be a site not so much for discussion, but for quick information retrieval. Lots of links to various items for the Crossfire would be on tap. We would have comments on individual entries, but not so much like the forum.

Would this be redundant? Or does anyone think it would be useful?

Old 01-29-2006, 11:16 PM
Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Re: Website question

I say do it!
I want more mods!

Old 01-30-2006, 09:31 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

regarding your example, i think there are too many options or opinions to pick the "best" head unit -- people are going to rate various things (iPod compatibility, satellite-readiness, faceplate color, the fact that is a certain make) very differently. i couldn't care less about the iPod compatibility, but someone else may say that the "best" radio must have it. I absolutely will not buy anything Sony, but someone else may think they are the "best".

i'm not trying to deter you, but picking out the "best" mods is tough because people like very different things -- listing all the mods would help more than just listing particular ones --

keep us updated.

Old 01-30-2006, 04:02 PM

regarding your example, i think there are too many options or opinions to pick the "best" head unit -- people are going to rate various things (iPod compatibility, satellite-readiness, faceplate color, the fact that is a certain make) very differently. i couldn't care less about the iPod compatibility, but someone else may say that the "best" radio must have it. I absolutely will not buy anything Sony, but someone else may think they are the "best".

i'm not trying to deter you, but picking out the "best" mods is tough because people like very different things -- listing all the mods would help more than just listing particular ones --

keep us updated.
Needless to say, you are correct. I was thinking the "best" would simply be the most often recommended in general. So if the Pioneer such and such is most often recommended, then it would be the "best". We could make it so one could also search by feature, say ipod compatibility and such. Of course, all mods in all categories would be listed.

It occurs to me a wiki for how to's would be useful as well. Thoughts?

Old 01-30-2006, 05:49 PM

We could focus more on the worst of versus the best of...If something is crap, I want to know why so I can avoid the product.

~ Jess

Old 01-30-2006, 08:09 PM

Doing one is as easy as doing the other. I was talking to a friend of mine, and he suggested doing a wiki with a rating facility. Individual items in a category would be a wiki article with a given moderation applied to it by the members at large.