TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Reputable Chrysler dealer in San Diego, CA

Old 03-26-2007, 08:52 PM
Forum Regular
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Reputable Chrysler dealer in San Diego, CA

Originally Posted by msheredy
I need to take my SRT-6 in for a transmission stutter. Has anyone had any experience/contacts to a decent Chrysler dealer in San Diego, CA? Also I read somewhere that some dealers have Crossfire trained mechanics. Is this true? Thanks in Advance.

Matt
Well I took the car into the dealer and when I went to pick up the car the service writer said that the tech couldn't replicate the problem. I then asked to take a tech out so that I could "show them" what I was experiencing. As expected they tried making excuses and they even tried saying that this car has an adjustable intake plenum and that might be the stutter that I'm getting. I told them no, this is an SRT-6 and it does not have the same intake as the base/limited models. It turned out there were 2 other SRTs there in for service. I talked the writer into taking one of them out real quick... To my surprise, both good and bad, that car did the same thing. So I accepted the fact and proceeded to do more research on some MB forums. It turns out that most E55 and some C32 owners have experienced this stutter. It turns out it is the supercharger's clutch engaging. That put my mind to rest.

Just though I would let everyone know the outcome.

Old 03-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FF2MOE
Carl Burger Sucks AZZ...I live right around the corner from them and when I took my Magnum in because it went into limp mode, they told me my Aftermarket stereo was causing my transmission problems (they documented on there diagnosis report also, them dumb azzes). So I took it to John Hine and they found out that I had a broken valve spring in my transmission and mind you I only had 1,000 miles on the SRT, they replaced the transmission and all is good...

Also there is Rancho Jeep, Chrysler, Dodge off of balboa...go in and ask for Mike Lewis (he's a Service writer and an SRT owner). They also have a few mechanics and techies there who are also SRT owners that come hang out with us on a regular basis.

So my recommendations are as follows:

Rancho Jeep, Dodge, Chrysler off of Balboa (Ask for Mike lewis in the Service Department tell him Moe sent you)

Can't recommend John Hine because they are only a Jeep, Dodge dealership...
Mind if I use your name in this capacity as well, I need an oil change and full check. Its that time.
Thanks.

Old 04-02-2007, 02:02 AM

Rancho Chrysler and Mike Lewis get a big vote of confidence from me.

Brent

Old 04-02-2007, 04:53 AM
Forum Regular

Yeah, I'm giving him a call...I need an oil change here pretty quick.

Old 04-25-2007, 06:37 PM

Howdy! Newbie here - and another San Diegan. I just got mine last SATURDAY (4/21) from Midway Chrysler/Jeep in Mission Valley, off Interstate 8 (pic cropped from the autotrader.com ad) - no one has mentioned them yet, so I'll be the "mystery customer." I believe it's just yer basic coupe model, with the 5-speed auto. There are so many features on this car compared to what I usually drive that I'm not quite sure what's an option and what's standard!

It's an '04, a lease return with about 35K miles on it, got it as a "certified" car, so I hope the 8-year/80k mile warranty they described is worth the paper that I signed for it. It's pretty clean outside, but is definitely "lived in" inside - not thrashed, but the "smell and shine" has diminished somewhat. Oh well, it's NEW TO ME. It won't be my daily driver, just the weekend fun-mobile - and the MAIN reason we got it was for the drive to Vegas!

After a day or two with it, I have noticed just the slightest hint of a pull to the right, so I'm taking back in to Midway - that, and the driver's side map/courtesy light is out. We'll see how they handle these issues, and I'll let you know.

I'll definitely be driving it to the Cruiser Nights they run every Tuesday night (summer months) in Chula Vista (close to home) - the wife and I have been going for a couple of years now, and we think it's a fun and cheap evening out (and good exercise), walking the sidewalks and ogling at the hot rods. The Crossfire is too new to participate as a display car, but I know we'll get some second looks and admirers - heck, you gotta admit, that's at least PART of the reason you bought this car...