TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

someone help! i'm getting screwed

Old 11-04-2008, 01:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default someone help! i'm getting screwed

ok so the dealership where i bought my coupe said sence i was the second owner the warrenty is transferable, didnt say anything bout the $150 transfer fee and i was waiting on a "chrysler rep" to send me some info "within 30 days he told me" and got nothing so i called chrysler again and the guy now says that there was a time period to pay the warrenty transfer and now my time is up! also he tlod me to talk to the service manager at the dealer where my work will be performed and tell him the story that the service manager can call chrysler and maybe work something out. i cna see this going nowhere fast! what do i do?

Old 11-04-2008, 01:14 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Re: someone help! im getting screwed

The same thing nearly happened to me.

Have a meeting with the sales manager AND the salesman who told you the "paperwork" story and have them hash it out. If you live in that town, I'm sure they don't need the negative publicity.

Good luck!

Old 11-04-2008, 02:08 PM
Default Re: someone help! im getting screwed

well thats an option but there about 4 hours away! i was gonna give them a call after i figure out how to go about it all.

Old 11-16-2008, 09:55 AM
Default Re: someone help! i'm getting screwed

Hey, I waited too long before realizing I needed to pay, and the guy at my dealership made one call to headquarters, and got approved to take my money and transfer warranty. NO PROB. If your dealer is unwilling to help, maybe they deserve to go bankrupt. It is the bad dealers that make the good ones suffer needlessly. Customer support is what the business used to be based on. Now it is seeing how much they don't have to help you with. I am proud of all the dealers here in Tyler that I have worked with, at the Chrysler and Chevy houses, they have gone above and beyond. I have to have my Infiniti serviced in Dallas, and they are just OK. Just see what you can get worked out. The car will likely not break, but having peace of mind is worth alot. STEVE T

Old 11-16-2008, 10:32 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm gonna take a guess and say that you are talking about transferring an extended warrenty..............and not the factory warrenty??? Factory warrenties don't need to be transferred and there is no fee.

Old 11-16-2008, 11:38 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Similar story. Called the finance department of one of them here in Vegas, and they said it would cost a lot of money to transfer. Told me to call Chrysler directly and just have them mail me the paperwork.

I don't know if it's just something they don't feel like messing with or he genuinely gave me good advice.

Old 11-16-2008, 01:29 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Moparrbust
I'm gonna take a guess and say that you are talking about transferring an extended warrenty..............and not the factory warrenty??? Factory warrenties don't need to be transferred and there is no fee.
Not exactly.
The factory 3yr/36 does not require a transfer.
However, if you have the 7/70 powertrain warranty you do have to pay the $150 to transfer that part of the warranty. (and this can only be done for the 2nd owner, 3rd owners are SOL)
If you buy a "new" 06, 07, 08 you may get the lifetime warranty. This warranty can not be transferred - only the 3/36 part.

See pg 261 of the owners manual.
Confusing huh?

Last edited by 70GT6; 11-16-2008 at 01:32 PM.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:15 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 70GT6
Not exactly.
The factory 3yr/36 does not require a transfer.
However, if you have the 7/70 powertrain warranty you do have to pay the $150 to transfer that part of the warranty. (and this can only be done for the 2nd owner, 3rd owners are SOL)
If you buy a "new" 06, 07, 08 you may get the lifetime warranty. This warranty can not be transferred - only the 3/36 part.

See pg 261 of the owners manual.
Confusing huh?

Ahhh; yeah I was just referring to(but didn't specifically mention) the 3/36 factory warranty.

I never bothered to read the owners manual just as I never bother to read instructions on how to put things together. I like to do things the hard way.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:42 AM

3/36 goes with the car and requires no transfer. You have it if you have the car. An extended warranty or a powertrain (7/70) if the car ever had it, requires a transfer.