TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Rear spoiler won't deploy over 60 + mph

Old 04-08-2009, 12:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Rear spoiler won't deploy over 60 + mph

Hey all this is my first post and an urgent one. My rear spoiler has been playing "games" for sometime. It will deploy only at its convenience. There was a period where it worked perfectly for about four or five months, now it won't go up at all. I am considering "resetting" the battery. A.k.a removing it and reinstalling it after an hour or so. Is that a waste of time? What might be the problem here, a control module?

Thanks,

R.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Rear spoiler won't deploy over 60 + mph

First of all Welcome to the Forum ! Obviously you've been pokin around and have run across the battery issues reported throughout. A low battery seems to do different things to different cars. Is your dash displaying a CEL ? Have you checked the fuses ?
My wing started doin screwy stuff, it went up on it's own as soon as I turned the key on....turned out to be a bad wheel speed sensor. Eliminate the easy stuff first.

Good luck !

Old 04-08-2009, 01:23 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Stogey
First of all Welcome to the Forum ! Obviously you've been pokin around and have run across the battery issues reported throughout. A low battery seems to do different things to different cars. Is your dash displaying a CEL ? Have you checked the fuses ?
My wing started doin screwy stuff, it went up on it's own as soon as I turned the key on....turned out to be a bad wheel speed sensor. Eliminate the easy stuff first.

Good luck !
Also do you have a roadster or a coupe. The sensors for the top may also play into this as well.

Are you in or out of warranty (supposing your not) but just checking.

And even if you are out and we dont get an answer here stop by a dealer and have a short chat with the xfire tech. They can sometimes be helpful.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:05 AM

Thanks guys! I will check the battery and fuses. Which fuse would be linked to the spoiler? If the simply stuff did not work, I will have techs. check the wheel speed sensor.

Thanks,

R.