TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Technical Information Database

Old 09-13-2010, 12:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Technical Information Database

Hi again Josh. I purchased the seat actuator relay from mercedes as chrysler did not have the part and needed 5 days to get it. Please if you can veryify the part# A0025422219.
However there is no mention on this site were to instal the relay. I had a look at the fuse panel beside the steering wheel and from what I can see there is no slot for any relay, only fuses. I'm kind of lost so any information you can assist I would be indepted to you for life. Thxs Scott

Old 09-13-2010, 12:28 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ah, I apologize for not being on the forum in a while guys.

Weebeeste I have a P/N for the relay called 'Seat Actuation Relay' that number is : 05104857AA. I hope that helps.

As for installation I'm still looking into that.

Old 09-13-2010, 12:31 PM

I sent you a private message Josh. See if you can help bud.

Thanks,
Troy

Old 09-13-2010, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by IBLUBYU
Josh .... don't know if you can ascertain what I need by my description, but if it is a replacement part that can be easily installed that would be great. In the roadster trunk, the fold up and away divider, hooks into a unit in the upper left and right sides of the rear wheel wells. It is hidden from view by the stiff molded carpet in the trunk. The unit on the drivers side seems to have come undone (or broke off), and is only held up by the carpeting push pins. This unit has a sensor attached to it. Is this unit available? appreciate your help if possible. Howard
I had a similar problem to this some time ago and managed to get one through the E-Bay Auction. (Switch and Bracket are one piece) for about $25 + shipping. Keep an eye out. These items were also NEW.

Old 09-23-2010, 11:12 AM

Hi Josh. Sorry to bother you again as I know you have a 9-5. As you already know I had a relay installed at a Chrysler dealer and 2days later the check engine light appeared. I had the dealer check the code as I don't have an OBD ll to check and deleate codes, and they show a P0422 and 0423 trouble codes. I was then told both cats need replacing at a cost of $3817 + tax. I talked with the mechanic and there where no visual signs of a defective cat and no mention of faulty o2 sensors wich I found weird. The vehicle has never had a problem or check engine light since owning and have used only 91 octane fuel on my 05. Is it possible to get a vehicle history vin#1c3an55L05x051894 and shouldn't the cats have warranty? Any help you can do and I'll let you have my wife for a weekend. lol Thxs Scott

Old 10-01-2010, 04:05 PM

Not sure if I am doing this correctly or not. Not quite sure how to post directly to Josh. Anyway here goes. Does the power passenger seat on the SRT6 move 4 ways or only 2? I'm looking at one that goes back and forth but not up and down. Driver seat goes 4 ways.

Old 10-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmier
Not sure if I am doing this correctly or not. Not quite sure how to post directly to Josh. Anyway here goes. Does the power passenger seat on the SRT6 move 4 ways or only 2? I'm looking at one that goes back and forth but not up and down. Driver seat goes 4 ways.
Yes, The passenger's seat only moves back and forth as well as the seat back. No up and down like the driver's seat.

Old 10-01-2010, 07:00 PM

Thanks so much for the reply. I was also able to download the Owner's Manual and got the same result. What a great site you guys have. I must admit I am a bit mystified as to how to use it. I got to your answer from my email. I tried to go the site also and see where my post showed up but couldn't find it. Guess I am going to have to plow through the FAQs. Thanks again for the data.

Old 11-21-2010, 09:58 AM

Josh.
First off I'm a chick so cut me a lil slack...heres my problem; I am trying to change the low beam on my car. Ive read the directions but when it says to remove the wire connector, do they mean the wire connectors that go into the plastic part? Also after they are removed will the wire clip flip back?
thanks

Old 11-21-2010, 01:22 PM
Received 552 Likes on 464 Posts

Originally Posted by Weebeeste
Hi again Josh. I purchased the seat actuator relay from mercedes as chrysler did not have the part and needed 5 days to get it. Please if you can veryify the part# A0025422219.
However there is no mention on this site were to instal the relay. I had a look at the fuse panel beside the steering wheel and from what I can see there is no slot for any relay, only fuses. I'm kind of lost so any information you can assist I would be indepted to you for life. Thxs Scott
A few months late but this Josh guy is none to reliable from what I see.
Here's a picture of the seat relay location.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post525788

Old 11-21-2010, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by blkXfire04
Josh.
First off I'm a chick so cut me a lil slack...heres my problem; I am trying to change the low beam on my car. Ive read the directions but when it says to remove the wire connector, do they mean the wire connectors that go into the plastic part? Also after they are removed will the wire clip flip back?
thanks
Use this as a guide.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post524311
The only plastic connector you remove is the one from the back of the bulb. Grab it with needle nose pliers between the wires and wiggle side to side while pulling back.
You remove the connector before unlatching the clip and removing the bulb and replace the connector after seating the bulb in place with the clip.
Do not remove the spring clip from the headlamp unit.

Last edited by onehundred80; 11-21-2010 at 01:35 PM.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:05 AM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by onehundred80
A few months late but this Josh guy is none to reliable from what I see.
Here's a picture of the seat relay location.
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...tml#post525788
I agree. I hate to come down on him but at his suggestion I called the Business Manager at his dealership to inquire on warranties. Left several messages, she never called back. Reached out to him in a PM, he never got back.

Guess if help is too good to be true...

Old 02-06-2011, 07:22 PM

"A few months late but this Josh guy is none to reliable from what I see"

Sorry, but I don't see it that way and I don't blame Josh for leaving one bit, after what he was put thru here on this thread. Read his original post and you'll see that Josh was good enough to offer technical assistance. But what he got in return, unfortunately, was abuse by several forum members who wanted more from him than what he had signed up to do. Guys asked him for vehicle histories, part prices, and ordering parts from him -- WTF...

thanks for trying Josh!

mach2plus

Old 02-06-2011, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by mach2plus

Sorry, but I don't see it that way and I don't blame Josh for leaving one bit, after what he was put thru here on this thread. Read his original post and you'll see that Josh was good enough to offer technical assistance. But what he got in return, unfortunately, was abuse by several forum members who wanted more from him than what he had signed up to do. Guys asked him for vehicle histories, part prices, and ordering parts from him -- WTF...

thanks for trying Josh!

mach2plus
Well he did want to sell warranties and parts and then came up with just part numbers.
Technical info was pretty limited, I guess he meant well so it is a pity he left.
Maybe he spent too much time on the site here and was fired.
Maybe he is actually you.

Last edited by onehundred80; 02-06-2011 at 07:52 PM.
Old 02-06-2011, 07:49 PM
SSB SRT6 405hp/401Tq

Originally Posted by mach2plus

thanks for trying Josh!

mach2plus

OK, thanks "Josh"

Old 03-20-2011, 09:32 PM

delete me.....

Old 05-04-2011, 09:53 PM
Cool Re: Technical Information Database

Hi Josh
I just bought a 2004 Crossfire with 3,000 miles on it I changed the oil for the first time but have a hard time finding out how much oil she really takes I am at 8.5 qts theChrysler technical manual that I bought on ebay says one thing and my owners manual says another. The dip stck is very difficult to read. Also I am looking for some older advertisments for 2004 crossfire.

Dennis

Old 05-07-2011, 07:54 PM
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by 29ford
Hi Josh
I just bought a 2004 Crossfire with 3,000 miles on it I changed the oil for the first time but have a hard time finding out how much oil she really takes I am at 8.5 qts theChrysler technical manual that I bought on ebay says one thing and my owners manual says another. The dip stck is very difficult to read. Also I am looking for some older advertisments for 2004 crossfire.

Dennis
It should be 8.5qt, but I wouldn't just dump 8.5qt in it at once. Put maybe 7.5qt then start checking the dipstick. Overfilling it is not good.

Attached Files
File Type: pdf
BLauto004.pdf (190.8 KB, 17 views)
suppliers_for_XF.pdf (541.8 KB, 15 views)
XF compared to other cars.pdf (14.5 KB, 15 views)
Old 05-08-2011, 05:39 PM

Josh, I am having trouble with my front cats. Trying to get them welded where they cracked in the weld sometime this coming week. If I have to go the route of buying a new exhaust is the 05 and 06 the exact same. I have an 06 but what years will interchange?

Old 05-08-2011, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by floyd
Josh, I am having trouble with my front cats. Trying to get them welded where they cracked in the weld sometime this coming week. If I have to go the route of buying a new exhaust is the 05 and 06 the exact same. I have an 06 but what years will interchange?
Josh was selling his Crossfire after losing his job, so maybe any questions are futile.
This is a STICKY?
If it is it should become unglued.

Last edited by onehundred80; 05-08-2011 at 06:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Technical Information Database