TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Does anybody know how to change this part? Please Help

Old 08-15-2012, 10:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anybody know how to change this part? Please Help

Does anybody know how to change out this part? It is the Recirculation door actuator/vacuum controlled motor. Do not confuse it with the Recirculation air switchover valve which controls the vacuum to this actuator. This actuator opens close the door from fresh air (Outside) to recirculated air (inside). It seems like this is a common issue with people and their Crossfires, the part starts to make a high pitched noise when breaking or decelerating. I’ve noticed by hooking up a suction gun to it and reading how much P.S.I. is being vacuumed to close the door. When the door is closed shutting off the fresh air from the outside and decelerating the suction increases. This is when the noise occurs. However I don’t feel the suction is the issue because I checked the valve the control the vacuum and it gives a constant P.S.I. The issue is a leak in the actuator somewhere where the suction is sucking in air from a leak. The problem has gotten to the point where my recirculated air door won’t even open now unless I push it open. Sorry for all the information just wanted to get as much as I could as possible, I will post a picture of the actuator that needs to be replaced there’s an arrow pointing to it.

Old 08-15-2012, 10:16 PM
Default Re: Does anybody know how to change this part? Please Help

This part is behind the passenger compartment, it is attached to the top of this part of the HVAC system, it looks like the whole HVAC system on this side has to be dropped, is that possible and how? Tryed looking through the service manual but can only find infor on the valve that controls the actuator, any info is greatly appreciated, you guys have always come through for me in the past hope you can again now thanks - Tim

Old 08-15-2012, 10:22 PM
Default Re: Does anybody know how to change this part? Please Help

Not sure is this thread should be in the Technical & Modifications category, If it does moderators please move it there thanks