TSBs and How-To Articles This is for information on Technical Service Bulletins and for posting How-To Articles.

Now it happen to me, stuck/not sticky key

Old 06-27-2013, 12:06 PM
Received 197 Likes on 151 Posts
Default Now it happen to me, stuck/not sticky key

Yesterday I went to the shop to change my tires. Got off the rack key was a little hard, but though nothing about it. Parked it in the parking lot ,when I got ready to leave the key would not turn. we took everything apart, and could not get the tumbler out. tried to push the pin to release the steering wheel, would not work. I think i need a complete key system, today i am going to remove the upper part of the dash so i can get to the bolts that holds the key housing to the steering column so if any one has a goog key housing with a removable key tumbler I need it. thanks jim

PS this is the first time the car has ever failed, ,not something I did to make it , fail like broken rear end .

Old 06-27-2013, 08:05 PM
Forum Regular
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Now it happen to me, stuck/not sticky key

I remember it happened to me, I went to the hardware store and got a titanium drill bit. Haven't had the problem since.

Old 06-29-2013, 07:55 PM
Received 197 Likes on 151 Posts
Default Re: Now it happen to me, stuck/not sticky key

don't ask me how but i fixed it i think, got to test it for a week or so. i drilled the pin, rotated the key housing, removed it from the car. then open the little hatch in the shaft going toward the steering wheel. a spring and a,I think locking device that unlocks the wheel when the key is turned,. that did it everything works now with the key. I will not reinstall that part, yes the steering lockes when I turn off the key. I was reading the sticky key post and ,it never said that this fixed everything and you don't need a new tumbler..
thanks jim
\
https://www.crossfireforum.org/forum...n-key-fix.html